Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

Hate

Hall of Famer
#135 : December 03, 2012, 07:22:37 PM

the pussification of the league, and society in general, continues!!

-------------------------------------------------------

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#136 : December 03, 2012, 07:25:11 PM

the pussification of the league, and society in general, continues!!

The league is being pushed in that direction by the NFLPA.    With all the lawsuits about brain injury and such, that have to protect themselves.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#137 : December 03, 2012, 08:01:43 PM

NFL brain injuries nearing crisis level while fans like Hate call the game "pussiffied" while he sits from the safety of the stands

Hate

Hall of Famer
#138 : December 03, 2012, 08:07:47 PM

NFL brain injuries nearing crisis level while fans like Hate call the game "pussiffied" while he sits from the safety of the stands

Did my 'pussification' statement offend you?

I've only heard one player have the nads to keep it real and that was Cutler. Everyone of them knows the risks involved and none of them have chosen to give up their lucrative paychecks to save their brains.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#139 : December 03, 2012, 08:07:48 PM

haha.  no one is forcing these guys to play.  would probably make a long thread.  crisis levels?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#140 : December 03, 2012, 08:08:19 PM

Yea it's a slippery slope. On one hand you want the NFL of old back but they gotta protect themselves as well. Part of me says these are guys getting paid millions and knew what they were getting into when they signed up but also understand this is their profession and they shouldn't have to suffer for entertainment. If there were someway they could still have the aggression and big hits but more secure? I don't even know if that makes sense lol.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#141 : December 03, 2012, 08:16:35 PM

Yea it's a slippery slope. On one hand you want the NFL of old back but they gotta protect themselves as well. Part of me says these are guys getting paid millions and knew what they were getting into when they signed up but also understand this is their profession and they shouldn't have to suffer for entertainment. If there were someway they could still have the aggression and big hits but more secure? I don't even know if that makes sense lol.

is our society that barbaric to find brain damaging hits entertaining?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#142 : December 03, 2012, 08:18:28 PM

works for me:

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#143 : December 03, 2012, 08:18:32 PM

yes.  not because they are brain damaging.  because society likes to see players get "jacked up".

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#144 : December 03, 2012, 08:22:24 PM

yes.  not because they are brain damaging.  because society likes to see players get "jacked up".

Yea that's why you don't see the crowd cheering like crazy if the player is still down. Well maybe if your in Philly they do.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#145 : December 03, 2012, 08:55:59 PM

The "repercussions" arent this teams problem. They do whats told of them which is to keep fighting until the final whistle. If the other team has a problem with rushing the kneeldown thats their issue. Not this teams. And I seriously doubt anybody is gonna get hurt over this. Our guys are clear that they arent trying to hurt anybody. What happened after the play is no different than some scrums that happen earlier in games. The players cant go out there and play scared. They do their job and thats it. The kneel down bull rush is to get the ball back. Nothing more nothing less.

If it leads to other teams cheap shotting the team, it absolutely is this team's problem. 

not it isn't.  it's a league problem and that team should be dealt with severely.  the bucs are not doing anything dirty or outside the rules at all

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#146 : December 03, 2012, 09:00:30 PM

Hopefully next year the NFL will change the rule.

The rule needs to be changed for Schiano to understand what every other football coach already understands. When the QB goes down on one knee, the game is over.

the bucs weren't the ones hitting after the whistle yesterday.  maybe they need to make a rule change so John Fox understands that rule .....

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#147 : December 03, 2012, 09:15:54 PM

The "repercussions" arent this teams problem. They do whats told of them which is to keep fighting until the final whistle. If the other team has a problem with rushing the kneeldown thats their issue. Not this teams. And I seriously doubt anybody is gonna get hurt over this. Our guys are clear that they arent trying to hurt anybody. What happened after the play is no different than some scrums that happen earlier in games. The players cant go out there and play scared. They do their job and thats it. The kneel down bull rush is to get the ball back. Nothing more nothing less.

If it leads to other teams cheap shotting the team, it absolutely is this team's problem. 

not it isn't.  it's a league problem and that team should be dealt with severely.  the bucs are not doing anything dirty or outside the rules at all

+1

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#148 : December 03, 2012, 09:23:40 PM

the bucs are not doing anything dirty or outside the rules at all

Neither was Sapp on this play.   Funny how he wishes he could take that play back, isn't it?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#149 : December 03, 2012, 09:26:37 PM

Funny how he wishes he could take that play back, isn't it?

I'm sure you have a link to that stored amongst all the other 'stuff' you have saved

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools