Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

NJBUCSFAN79

Rookie

#165 : December 03, 2012, 11:06:40 PM

Running head first into your bedroom wall is legal, doesn't mean it's not stupid. Bottom line is that Schiano has to keep running this play on pure precedence now. It didn't work against the Giants and he could have ended it there. The odds of the play being successful must be equal to winning the powerball. Anyone who says not running that stupid play is giving up is a moron. The person who invented he kneel down is a bigger moron though.

As for a rule change I think it's simple. The offense should have to attempt to advance the ball or its a loss of down and stoppage of the clock. That will immediatly solve the issue. Also, the NFL could stop calling a spike an incomplete pass and call it what it really is, intentional grounding.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#166 : December 03, 2012, 11:07:10 PM

I didn't see the Sapp play as questionable at all.   That's pretty standard to take out the opposing players as they trail the play.    The kneel down all out rushes however are something only Schiano does.   Why?  Because it's cheap.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#167 : December 03, 2012, 11:08:28 PM

Another sig change......WTF?

He will win you back this week against Philly, you will see.

Heard a guy call in to 98.7 today and he described Free to a tee.... said he plays just good enuff to keep his job but that's it. He's just too damn inconsistant and IMO, lack the 'it' that you see from other QBs in the league. Luck has it. RG3 has it. Hell, Andy Dalton has it. Have you watched Russell Wilson play? That guy has IT. Free, imo, not so much and that is what keeps me from jumping on the bandwagon with both feet.
I think Luck has a tremendous future in front of him and was the #1 pick for a reason, but his stats this season pretty much suck. The Colts' schedule this season has been pretty pathetic. RG3 is the real deal and was the #2 pick for a reason. But what exactly have Dalton and Wilson done to show they have "it" more than Freeman? Have you noticed Seattle has the #4 total defense and Cinci #8? What do you think Freeman would do with that?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#168 : December 03, 2012, 11:08:58 PM

I didn't see the Sapp play as questionable at all.     

of course you didn't  ::)  Sherman, the Packers and their fans did though ......

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#169 : December 03, 2012, 11:10:59 PM

of course you didn't  ::)  Sherman, the Packers and their fans did though ......

Then why do I find these kneel down all out rushes so cheap?    It's because they are.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#170 : December 03, 2012, 11:21:21 PM

Have you noticed Seattle has the #4 total defense and Cinci #8? What do you think Freeman would do with that?

Lock on to and overthrow wide open receivers. What do you think those guys would do with the talent that's been provided to Free this yr? Lets be clear, i wanna like the guy but i feel like just when i'm about to go all in, he's gonna pull the rug out from under me.
: December 03, 2012, 11:23:23 PM Hate

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#171 : December 03, 2012, 11:24:38 PM

Hell, i drafted him on my fantasy team.

That was after a big pre-season.   I'm talking about prior to the draft.   Boid was also touting the guy.    It was pretty obvious in the Gruden interviews prior to the draft that the guy had what it takes to win.

I was high on Wilson pre-draft....a buddy of mine turned me on to him last yr.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#172 : December 03, 2012, 11:33:18 PM

a buddy of mine turned me on to him last yr.

I believe that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#173 : December 03, 2012, 11:35:35 PM

Seriously though, Wilson has what it takes to be a winner in this league.   You can just sense it.   The strange thing is that Freeman has that at times as well, but then he goes back to his blank stare and ridiculously lackluster play.   I haven't seen lapses like that at all in Wilson.   

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#174 : December 04, 2012, 06:49:17 AM

Then why do I find these kneel down all out rushes so cheap?    It's because they are.

So blindsiding a guy AWAY from the ball, without any effect on the play is not questionable, but playing for the ball, coming right at you, is? ...Interesting.
Than i guess Blounts punsh vs Boise wasn't either, right?
If there is anything clownish here, its your argumentation... 'because they are'.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#175 : December 04, 2012, 07:00:59 AM

Have you noticed Seattle has the #4 total defense and Cinci #8? What do you think Freeman would do with that?

Lock on to and overthrow wide open receivers. What do you think those guys would do with the talent that's been provided to Free this yr? Lets be clear, i wanna like the guy but i feel like just when i'm about to go all in, he's gonna pull the rug out from under me.
If those guys don't lock onto and overthrow receivers, why does Dalton have more INT's than Freeman and Wilson have fewer TD's?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#176 : December 04, 2012, 07:42:27 AM

Luck - 17 TDs and 16 Ints Has beat mostly crappy teams.
RG3 - 17 TDs and 4 Ints Has beat mostly crappy teams.
Wilson - 19 TDs and 8 Ints Has beat the Patriots, Packers, and Bears.

......why is it all we hear about is Luck vs. RG3 for rookie of the year?

jeanclaud

Starter

#177 : December 04, 2012, 07:52:01 AM

Luck - 17 TDs and 16 Ints Has beat mostly crappy teams.
RG3 - 17 TDs and 4 Ints Has beat mostly crappy teams.
Wilson - 19 TDs and 8 Ints Has beat the Patriots, Packers, and Bears.

......why is it all we hear about is Luck vs. RG3 for rookie of the year?

You know better than that... Wilson beat those teams ("beat" the Packers) with help from a very, very good defense.

Luck is doing it all himself with a crap defense. That team was a dumpster fire without him last year. Also, watching him, you can see he's the real deal. He'll be a top 5 QB pretty soon IMO.

And if you're just going to drop stats then why forget about RG3 (in his case historically good) and Luck's success as runners when Wilson despite his speed hasn't been as nearly as good. Not crapping on the guy but there's obvious reasons he's not in the ROTY discussion.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#178 : December 04, 2012, 07:58:20 AM

Colts defense is ranked 10 spots higher than ours. It's not as good as the Seahawks defense, but it's not "crap" and Luck isn't doing it all himself.

RG3 is all about trickery and options. The kid is dangerous for sure, but he takes way too many hits that option oriented defense and he won't be able to maintain that style.

Wilson uses his quickness and mobility to avoid the rush and extend plays so he can THROW the ball like a QB is suppose to, instead of running around getting blasted. You think that is a negative?

If there is an obvious reason why he isn't in the RoY running, then please explain....cause I don't see it.

: December 04, 2012, 08:03:02 AM JDouble

Ironworker808

Second String

#179 : December 04, 2012, 08:05:44 AM

This thread doesn't allow the furry cat-like creatures to hide very well, does it?
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools