Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where I Question Offensive Play Calling Most « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
: December 02, 2012, 09:57:39 PM

In the Atlanta game and then here again at Denver there were some specific instance in the game where Freeman has a reason to be over-amped and instead of giving the ball to Martin and letting Freeman settle down, Sully called 3 straight passes that ended the series. When the Bucs were up 10-7 and the low hit on Freeman nullified the interception he threw giving us the ball just past midfield, you could tell Freeman was a bit over excited. Instead of trying to slow things down, what does Sully do? He calls three straight downfield passes, all of which end up errant, and we have to punt at a time in the game when points could have really affected the outcome. The same thing happened against Atlanta. I don't remember exactly what had happened, but I remember for some reason Freeman had reason to have his adrenalin a  bit up and at a key point in the game Sully called 3 straight downfield passes in which Freeman missed all 3 makeable throws.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 02, 2012, 10:00:52 PM

In the Atlanta game and then here again at Denver there were some specific instance in the game where Freeman has a reason to be over-amped and instead of giving the ball to Martin and letting Freeman settle down, Sully called 3 straight passes that ended the series. When the Bucs were up 10-7 and the low hit on Freeman nullified the interception he threw giving us the ball just past midfield, you could tell Freeman was a bit over excited. Instead of trying to slow things down, what does Sully do? He calls three straight downfield passes, all of which end up errant, and we have to punt at a time in the game when points could have really affected the outcome. The same thing happened against Atlanta. I don't remember exactly what had happened, but I remember for some reason Freeman had reason to have his adrenalin a  bit up and at a key point in the game Sully called 3 straight downfield passes in which Freeman missed all 3 makeable throws.

That shouldnt happen.... PERIOD. No excuses for that.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 02, 2012, 10:02:02 PM

Yeah, he probably lacks your experience calling plays in the NFL!

.....just my opinion

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 02, 2012, 10:05:06 PM

I'm not saying I question the play calls, just some of the timing on when to take shots. Maybe there is a long term goal to get Freeman better able to handle is adrenalin, but tough times in the game to make some of those throws.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 02, 2012, 10:13:04 PM

Right after they went up 28-10, we seemed to abandon the run, and they cranked up their pass rush. IMO, we should have kept Martin more involved, either running or receiving screens, etc...

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 02, 2012, 10:15:30 PM

I agree with the that NDY!

.....just my opinion

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 02, 2012, 10:41:22 PM

The Broncos pass rush was all over Freeman today. Sully needed to help Dotson. I saw him going up against Von Miller 1 on 1 an awful lot and no one can block that guy straight up. Sully should know that and should have had a TE helping out Dotson more often.

Also, with the Broncos pass rush being so good, Sully should have called some more screens. The few screens we ran worked out nicely...

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 02, 2012, 10:48:55 PM

You're right about the screens.  We have never been able to run effective screens...until this year.  Either we run them better or it's just Martin because our screens this year have be extremely effective.

.....just my opinion

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 02, 2012, 10:52:54 PM

You're right about the screens.  We have never been able to run effective screens...until this year.  Either we run them better or it's just Martin because our screens this year have be extremely effective.
I think it's a combination of both.

I like Sully a lot and think he's been an awesome OC for us. Once he got adjusted after the bye, he's really played to Freeman's strengths and has gotten this offense going.

These were just a few things I realized that he could have improved on today. It doesn't help though when you have an o-line that has only 1 guy starting at the same position they were at week 1...

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 02, 2012, 11:16:10 PM

Seriously?

What's the pt of even questioning the coaches, players, etc if this is gonna be the response?

PS This is a MB...where players and coaches get critiqued, etc.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : December 03, 2012, 01:40:18 AM

Sully's play calling this year has been brilliant. 

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where I Question Offensive Play Calling Most « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools