Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS HURT PLAYOFF CHANCES WITH LOSS; A LOOK AHEAD « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: December 02, 2012, 11:00:12 PM

The Buccaneers have now dropped two games in a row and are seeing their NFC wild card playoff chances slipping away. Tampa Bay may need to win its remaining four contests to qualify for the postseason. PewterReport.com takes a look at the Buccaneers' chances, and also the rest of the NFC.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8587

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 02, 2012, 11:20:04 PM

"...and there is still a possibility the Buccaneers can manage 10 wins, which most likely get the team in the playoffs."

Disagree w/the 2nd portion of this statement. Even if the Bucs win out, I don't think they'll 'most likely' get in the playoffs...Seattle still has to lose 2 games.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 02, 2012, 11:23:42 PM

Probably right. That Seattle win hurts big time...and the bogus one on Monday night.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 02, 2012, 11:26:05 PM

Probably right. That Seattle win hurts big time...and the bogus one on Monday night.

Yep, I should know better, but I didn't give them a chance in Seattle today...Russell Wilson played a helluva game.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 02, 2012, 11:49:51 PM

While they could very well win 10, I agree that may not be enough to qualify.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 03, 2012, 12:45:30 AM

"...and there is still a possibility the Buccaneers can manage 10 wins, which most likely get the team in the playoffs."

Disagree w/the 2nd portion of this statement. Even if the Bucs win out, I don't think they'll 'most likely' get in the playoffs...Seattle still has to lose 2 games.

The Bucs can gain the Common Opponents tie-breaker over Seattle if they beat the Rams and the Rams beat Seattle in the season finale.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : December 03, 2012, 05:44:50 AM

very likely tha twe'll be a 8 win team this year - and if you think about it, that' s a pretty successful turnaround with a new HC and a decimated OL.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#7 : December 03, 2012, 05:48:44 AM

very likely tha twe'll be a 8 win team this year - and if you think about it, that' s a pretty successful turnaround with a new HC and a decimated OL.

I called 8-8 after the Bucs won their 6th game and people thought I was nuts saying there was no way they wouldn't win at least 10.   They will finish 8-8.

The talent is there to win more and make the playoffs, but Freeman is not a winner.
: December 03, 2012, 05:51:44 AM JavaRay

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#8 : December 03, 2012, 07:02:03 AM

The bucs are weak.

Taking off my pewter shaded glasses I agree with you.

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 03, 2012, 07:21:39 AM

the Bucs are a .500 team.  the division leaders havent beaten us by more than a score, meaning every game came down to the last possession.  is WEAK really the word you guys want to use?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 03, 2012, 07:47:53 AM

I said before and I'll say again.....they are not playing for playoffs in 2012...of course they won't come out and say that but they are looking at next season and beyond.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 03, 2012, 07:51:25 AM

I said before and I'll say again.....they are not playing for playoffs in 2012...of course they won't come out and say that but they are looking at next season and beyond.

i disagree on this to a point.  the Bucs certainly arent selling out for a playoff run this year, the window isnt closing.  but they arent throwing games for a better draft pick either. 

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 03, 2012, 07:54:47 AM

i disagree on this to a point.  the Bucs certainly arent selling out for a playoff run this year, the window isnt closing.  but they arent throwing games for a better draft pick either.

Not saying they're trying throwing games....no.....that wouldn't be Schiano at all. I'm saying they're giving the weaker units (CBs especially) an opportunity to showcase who they are so that the appropriate decisions can be made in the off-season.

I believe they understand the team (as a unit) isn't ready for a serious push and will plug in the appropriate pieces after this season concludes...

TebowTimeBucFan

Rookie

#13 : December 03, 2012, 08:55:46 AM

I love how people on here celebrating ALMOST beating teams lol, that crap didn't fly when Gruden was here. Gruden was a winner, not a poser.

Buccaneer Men- Dan the Man and Caddy Roadhouse Martin

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 03, 2012, 09:06:36 AM

I love how people on here celebrating ALMOST beating teams lol, that crap didn't fly when Gruden was here. Gruden was a winner, not a poser.

really?  gruden had a career .500 record here, schiano has a .500 record.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS HURT PLAYOFF CHANCES WITH LOSS; A LOOK AHEAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools