Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sullivan may leave for Boston College Head Coach Spot « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SCOUT

Starter

: December 02, 2012, 11:40:44 PM

If we lose Sullivan,this would be a HUGE loss. I see his remaining as frankly critical for Freeman and to keep consistency in this new system. 

The Bucs better ante up and pay him to stay. This would be devastating

Scout

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 03, 2012, 12:38:16 AM

The only thing that would be missed is consistency from season to season.

Other than that, it's not as if we wouldn't be able to find a competent offensive coordinator who could take advantage of the weapons that we have on offense.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : December 03, 2012, 01:03:09 AM

Agreed.   Sullivan is the reason the Bucs have been successful this season, not Schiano.   The Bucs would be smart to fire Schiano and move Sullivan to head coach rather than risk losing Sullivan.

gillen033

Starter

#3 : December 03, 2012, 01:12:04 AM

Ahahahahahahahah java u so funny!!!

youngone

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 03, 2012, 07:37:27 AM

Agreed.   Sullivan is the reason the Bucs have been successful this season, not Schiano.   The Bucs would be smart to fire Schiano and move Sullivan to head coach rather than risk losing Sullivan.
Smh

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 03, 2012, 08:10:35 AM

I believe that Schiano's first choice for OC was John McNulty in Arizona but they wouldn't let him interview.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 03, 2012, 08:46:05 AM

I'd say losing Schiano would be worse than losing Sullivan. If Sullivan gets an opportunity as a HC that he likes, he should take it. As we know, not all assistants aspire to be HCs. And a move up to HC often is a 'gut' feel as to when it 'feels right'.
     Anyone know when McNulty's contract with the Cards is up?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 03, 2012, 09:12:32 AM

IF Sullivan leaves, it won't be for a college job.  He's in the NFL.  The fastest way to a NFL head coaching position isn't through college, it's right where he's at.  Feel free to quote me on this... SULLIVAN WILL NOT LEAVE FOR A COLLEGE H.C. JOB.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 03, 2012, 09:15:48 AM

IF Sullivan leaves, it won't be for a college job.  He's in the NFL.  The fastest way to a NFL head coaching position isn't through college, it's right where he's at.  Feel free to quote me on this... SULLIVAN WILL NOT LEAVE FOR A COLLEGE H.C. JOB.

do you know sullivan personally?  i think its easily possibly for coughlin to tell him its a great school and a great opportunity.  it also seems like a school that schiano would respect for. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 03, 2012, 09:31:24 AM

do you know sullivan personally?  i think its easily possibly for coughlin to tell him its a great school and a great opportunity.  it also seems like a school that schiano would respect for.

Nope, don't know him at all.  Generally, coaches want to be NFL head coaches.  The fastest way to that goal is being a good OC/DC in the NFL... not through college.  Right now I think it's reasonable to think that next year, when there'll be about 8-10 openings in the NFL.  Sullivan is likely to be near the top of some teams lists.  I'm taking a gamble (by my remarks), that Sullivan wants a HC job in the NFL in the relatively near future.  Going to college next season is only going to make it harder for him to get a HC job in the 2014.  If he goes to BC or the college ranks, he most likely won't be a NFL HC until 2018 at the earliest.  Now, if he wants to be a college HC, then so be it.... like I said, I'm thinking that he (like most), wants to be a NFL HC.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 03, 2012, 09:33:44 AM

Feel free to quote me on this... SULLIVAN WILL NOT LEAVE FOR A COLLEGE H.C. JOB.

Nope, don't know him at all.  Generally, coaches want to be NFL head coaches. 

The prosecution rests your honor...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 03, 2012, 09:44:53 AM

Losing sulli would hurt. I don't think he would leave for Boston, but if he did, the one bright spot might be gone.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 03, 2012, 09:45:05 AM

Anyone hiring Sullivan to be a head coach after this year are reaching and could be making a huge mistake.
You simply don't hire a guy that has been a co ordinator for a single season so has notrack record of consitancy, just look at Chud in Carolina, he was a popular name during the offseason after a medocre 2011 and now he's shown he's not that good.
Hell Sullivan hasn't even had us consistant during this season, we had a great stretch of a few games there where the stats were padded but other than that we've been very sluggish.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 03, 2012, 01:12:53 PM

Let me add another possibility. First, for the sake of continuity, I hope Sullivan stay, but if he leaves, its not the end of the world. IMO, this is a fairly simplistic offense and the play calling and creativity have not been overly impressive, but maybe this is not due to Sullivan. This leads to my conpiracy theory, could it be that Shiano is not really letting Sullivan run HIS offense. Maybe Sully feels Shiano is handcuffin him. The more I think about, I find it hard to beleive a OC in the NFL would not want to use a proven 1000yd rusher in Blount, at minimum, to spell Martin on occasion. IS the HC more involved in the offense than we know? Shiano seems to be a domineering, ego-centric type, and it could be Sullivan is not being allowed to make the calls he feels best for the TEAM. Is it possible Shiano is VERY difficult to work for/with?  For a 1st time NFL OC to be lobbying for college HC jobs during a playoff run just doesnt feel right, especiall with the military, loyalty thing Sullivan comes from.  May be more to the story than we know.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 03, 2012, 01:21:17 PM

Just like Chud was the hot thing last year in Carolina......I'm not saying he won't interview but I personally think it's doubtful he leaves after one year as an OC.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sullivan may leave for Boston College Head Coach Spot « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools