Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 7, 6, 2, 7, 1, 8 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Jack Rabbit Slim

Hall of Famer

: December 03, 2012, 07:36:25 AM

That's how many points we've lost by in each game. We have a young team, new HC, and a big learning curve this year. For all you "fans" that drove out to the skyway last night, things are not as bad as they seem. We have been in every game this yr. It doesn't matter if was the last drive that cost us the game or the first drive, overall we were IN every game. With a couple of new pieces and revamped D I expect us to have a big year next yr. I'm not giving up on them this yr but it is a long shot that they make the playoffs.

All i wanted this year was constant improvement from last year, didn't ask for much, have I been surprised? Absolutely.

No one player in the league can play stellar every single week! Future HOFer Brees, how'd he play last week? Everyone has their ups and downs, its how well you rolll with the punches...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 03, 2012, 07:39:03 AM

i wanted a competitive team in the wildcard hunt.  i got it, so im thrilled this year.  i am more impressed today with schiano than i was the day he was hired.  there are certainly questions moving forward, but we are certainly on the right track in my mind.

and great sig JackRabbit!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 03, 2012, 07:48:59 AM

I pretty much agree with everything....but IMO, we weren't really "in" that game yesterday. It was pretty much over once they hit the FG with 8ish minutes to go. They dominated every aspect of the game. I'm not too discouraged about the loss though, because they might be the hottest team in the league and have one of the best QBs of all time at their command.

Jack Rabbit Slim

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 03, 2012, 07:50:34 AM

I pretty much agree with everything....but IMO, we weren't really "in" that game yesterday. It was pretty much over once they hit the FG with 8ish minutes to go. They dominated every aspect of the game. I'm not too discouraged about the loss though, because they might be the hottest team in the league and have one of the best QBs of all time at their command.

I agree,  they did make it interesting though, hypothetically we get the ball back on the on-side kick and its a brand new ball game with 2:30 to go.

also, our secondary vs Manning, i will go with Manning any day.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 03, 2012, 07:55:21 AM

we had a very bad 3rd qtr...i think 3 3and outs and a pick 6 while defensively letting up.  but we were in the game imo.  one more defensive stop, one onsides, etc...we were in it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 03, 2012, 09:59:19 AM

I agree,  they did make it interesting though, hypothetically we get the ball back on the on-side kick and its a brand new ball game with 2:30 to go.

also, our secondary vs Manning, i will go with Manning any day.

Yesterday's game is probably the only game from this year where I look back and think that it wasn't as close as what the scoreboard showed at the end.

..but to your overall point, I do like that they have been competitive and are actually playing for the postseason in December.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#6 : December 03, 2012, 12:39:35 PM

Agree with most of this thread.

Yesterday's game got out of hand though. But, with 2:00 minutes remaining we were only down 8.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 03, 2012, 12:44:15 PM

To me it just means they are a few things away from winning these games. The coaching needs to be a little better, the players need to execute better, and the talent needs to be a little better. Theres not much that separates a great team to a good team right now. This team will get there if they make the necessary adjustments. Add a little more talent (hopefully a pass rush), Schiano changes the scheme up a little, and everything else stays together then I think they can be a very very hard team to beat. Its close guys. That has this buc fan excited but a little nervous about them upgrading those things. They gotta make it happen or we will see a lot of the same.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 03, 2012, 01:35:54 PM

I know the pass defense has drawn most of the attention, but a solid OL would have won several of those games. I'm not convinced Penn, Zuttah, and Dotson should be starters. Three 3 and outs is pathetic. Manning had great protection and it showed. Freeman was constantly pressured. That has to change. Schiano has done an amazing job this year and next year will be even better.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 03, 2012, 01:43:30 PM

1sparkybuc, I am repeating myself but I just feel that Bob Bostad has some big changes coming in the off season. With jewels like Freeman and Martin, plus Jackson & Williams to throw to, I see a whole lot of activity by him, this year and next. I honestly expect to seee a whole new line in here, except Nicks, in two years. Bostad inherited this bunch. Not sure they fit his profile.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 03, 2012, 01:51:22 PM

I know the pass defense has drawn most of the attention, but a solid OL would have won several of those games. I'm not convinced Penn, Zuttah, and Dotson should be starters. Three 3 and outs is pathetic. Manning had great protection and it showed. Freeman was constantly pressured. That has to change. Schiano has done an amazing job this year and next year will be even better.

Trouble is, Schiano doesn't think those guys are ballers, they're "OK backups" in his mind. However, it's not like he can come right out and say it, unless he wants to give them some sort of complex. Schiano thinks a baller is Nicks, so he obviously knows what talent is, and understands what "OK" means.

He's doing whatever he can to keep them on the positive side, which always produces better results, even from undrafted players and the like. I figure we'll hear all we need to in the offseason about how bad it hurt to lose nicks an DJ. Schiano and sully are doing the best job they can the unpolished turds they're forced to work with and can't replace.

But I agree, next season should be Tampa's season, baring bias refs, a good CB or two, and everyone being healthy.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 03, 2012, 02:28:58 PM

1sparkybuc, I am repeating myself but I just feel that Bob Bostad has some big changes coming in the off season. With jewels like Freeman and Martin, plus Jackson & Williams to throw to, I see a whole lot of activity by him, this year and next. I honestly expect to seee a whole new line in here, except Nicks, in two years. Bostad inherited this bunch. Not sure they fit his profile.

I would love to see another impact FA or two so the draft doesn't have to focus on any one position. Winning teams most often have a good blend of talented young guys and experienced players. I believe we are close. I'm curious to see if Schiano makes any changes in his coaching staff.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 03, 2012, 02:38:46 PM

If his players are accountable, IMHO his coaches will also be accountable.  I love Bostad, Byner, Fleck, Sullivan  on offense and ve it or not Bryan Cox & Ron Cooper on defense. Those would be my keepers

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 03, 2012, 02:43:43 PM

If his players are accountable, IMHO his coaches will also be accountable.  I love Bostad, Byner, Fleck, Sullivan  on offense and ve it or not Bryan Cox & Ron Cooper on defense. Those would be my keepers

I would agree.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 03, 2012, 02:55:00 PM

Schiano would cut your Mama is she had a fumbling problem. Believe one thing about Schiano, everyone will be held accountable.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 7, 6, 2, 7, 1, 8 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools