Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 7, 6, 2, 7, 1, 8 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 04, 2012, 08:40:16 PM

who were the top 2 safetys?

Harrison Smith has had a much better year and I think Jerron McMillian has played at about the same level and I would rather have both of them over Barron.

We would have been better off reaching for Smith as opposed to reaching for Barron.
He hasn't come out as strong as David or Martin but I still believe Barron will be better than both of them. Some just take longer than others and last I remember Barron was playing a lot better when he some experienced players on the outside.

He still has time acclimate to the game, and I certainly hope he does. Personally, I feel that of you are taking a S top ten..he better be Ed Reed-like...I'm afraid Barron's ceiling might be above average. I have seem very little from #24 to make me think that he can be a top flight NFL safety.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 04, 2012, 08:47:42 PM

The problem I have with Barron is the amount of snaps he has in relation to the number of plays he actually makes.  Even a rookie like Tanard Jackson made some impact plays. 

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 04, 2012, 10:14:18 PM

i havent been confident in a Bucs win in years.  i was confident we'd be competitive.

Totally agree minus last season.  Very rarely have we been able to sit back and enjoy a Tampa Bay win when the result was locked up early on.

Turn the page.

gone

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 04, 2012, 10:19:49 PM

i am far from giving up on Barron....i trust that he'll be just fine.

I hope he'll be fine, but I don't trust it at all.  Some of his issues are similar to what the rest of the secondary are showing, but sometimes it just looks like lack of effort.  and THAT worries me quite a bit. 

Jack Rabbit Slim

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 05, 2012, 03:36:42 PM

Rwgardless of the final score, at no point during that game did i ever get the feeling that we'd win it.

I never had the feeling we'd win either knowing we were playing Manning, obviously we got our hopes up when we got within 8 but still knew it was a long shot to win

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 7, 6, 2, 7, 1, 8 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools