Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Washburn « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: December 03, 2012, 08:50:17 AM

Eagles fired defensive line coach Jim Washburn this morning. I'd love to see Schinao bring is old ars aboard. The train wreck in Philly isn't on Jim. That guy is a great defensive line coach. He could really help our young struggling defensive linemen improve their pass rush.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 03, 2012, 08:57:26 AM

Just reading how an unnamed source in the Eagles camp said Washburn had become a cancer! Lol. First their o-line coach Castio, then Babin, now it's Washburn? They sure have a lot of cancers in Philly. What a mess.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 03, 2012, 09:53:32 AM

I'm guessing by "cancer" they mean calling out Fat Andy as being the problem and instead of admitting it throwing others under the bus.
Reid needs to send at least half his salary to the family of Jim Johnson because his repuation and all the success he's had as a head coach came thanks to Johnson & that defense he ran.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 03, 2012, 11:01:53 AM

Yeah... I think Andy is really hurting his legacy by ending his time in Philly so ugly. It definitely appears he is pointing fingers and throwing everyone else under the bus in order to save his own ass. Best thing he could do is just admit that signed his own death certificate when he decided to go all in with Vick.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 03, 2012, 12:28:24 PM

How about all those high paid FA signings that are doing nothing but collecting a check every week?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 03, 2012, 12:30:58 PM

Washburn's scheme doesn't fit schiano's run stopping philosophy

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 03, 2012, 12:58:05 PM

Is this a Joke?

Hell no

This guy...

dbrooks55

Starter

#7 : December 03, 2012, 01:13:56 PM

I'll pass...this guy has the mentality of a 5 year old, calling Juan Castillo (even though he was a bad D coord, he was a well respected coach) Juanita in front of players, he flat out ignore Castillo and berated him in front of players...dudes a jerk!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 03, 2012, 03:18:00 PM

Juanita....lol.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 03, 2012, 03:22:03 PM

I read that his firing has alot to do with Babin's release....apparently they didn't even tell Washburn of their intent to release Babin.......they (Washburn and Babin) have history so it appears to be the final slap in the face for him (before being fired).

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 03, 2012, 03:26:47 PM

I read the Juanita stuff. Sounds to me like while Castillo is a good coach and person, he was on O-line coach that they just decided to make the defensive coordinator for no apparent reason. I can see how that would cause problems. An old hard ass like Washburn was probably not able to mesh. I'd still take him. He'd probably fit right in here. No nonsense hard nosed old coot.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 03, 2012, 03:35:01 PM

1. His system is overrated and now very ineffective
2. hes an **CENSORED**
3. we have a good dline coach
4. he'll be joining his old bud, Jeff in St Louis

This guy...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 03, 2012, 03:43:32 PM

Eagles fired defensive line coach Jim Washburn this morning. I'd love to see Schinao bring is old ars aboard. The train wreck in Philly isn't on Jim. That guy is a great defensive line coach. He could really help our young struggling defensive linemen improve their pass rush.
How many darned coaches do we need? How many more of our former defensive line coaches do we need to see have success with other teams?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 03, 2012, 06:24:38 PM

I don't know the answers to those questions FRG, but it would seem we need someone on the coaching staff that can improve our pass rush. We've played 12 games and have 18 sacks. There is a problem.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 03, 2012, 06:29:43 PM

I don't know the answers to those questions FRG, but it would seem we need someone on the coaching staff that can improve our pass rush. We've played 12 games and have 18 sacks. There is a problem.
How are Robert Nunn and Todd Wash doing now?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Washburn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools