Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Washburn « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 03, 2012, 06:57:57 PM

I don't know the answers to those questions FRG, but it would seem we need someone on the coaching staff that can improve our pass rush. We've played 12 games and have 18 sacks. There is a problem.
How are Robert Nunn and Todd Wash doing now?

I don't know the answer to that questions FRG, but it would seem we need someone on the coaching staff that can improve our pass rush. We've played 12 games and have 18 sacks. There is a problem.
: December 03, 2012, 07:00:49 PM JDouble

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 03, 2012, 09:31:57 PM

I don't know the answers to those questions FRG, but it would seem we need someone on the coaching staff that can improve our pass rush. We've played 12 games and have 18 sacks. There is a problem.

I don't know the answer to that questions FRG, but it would seem we need someone on the coaching staff that can improve our pass rush. We've played 12 games and have 18 sacks. There is a problem.
Which players aren't pulling their weight? Michael Bennett has 3 more sacks than he has ever had in a season before. Gerald McCoy has already tied his career high for sacks in a season. Roy Miller has the same number of sacks he had last season, one fewer than the season before, and two fewer than the season before that. Daniel Te'o-Nesheim has double the sacks he's previously had in his career. Mason Foster has the same number of sacks as last season. All the players are playing up to or exceeding their past accomplishments. What makes you think a new coach will get something more out of them when all the other coaches that have been here haven't been able to, either?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 03, 2012, 09:47:49 PM

It's pretty hard to get a sack when the QB is doing a 3-step drop and your d-line coach has you performing a square dance instead of getting up field towards the QB. Just ask McCoy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 03, 2012, 10:14:27 PM

Which players aren't pulling their weight? Michael Bennett has 3 more sacks than he has ever had in a season before. Gerald McCoy has already tied his career high for sacks in a season. Roy Miller has the same number of sacks he had last season, one fewer than the season before, and two fewer than the season before that. Daniel Te'o-Nesheim has double the sacks he's previously had in his career. Mason Foster has the same number of sacks as last season. All the players are playing up to or exceeding their past accomplishments. What makes you think a new coach will get something more out of them when all the other coaches that have been here haven't been able to, either?

Funny how you didn't include any numbers in that post. When your career high for sacks in a season is three or less, matching it or doubling doesn't mean a whole lot.

Miller had 2 sacks in 2010, one in 2011, zero last year, and zero this year.

McCoy had 3 sacks as a rookie, 1 last year, and 3 this year.

Daniel Teo whatever had 1 sack as a rookie, zero last year, and 2 this year.

Bennett had 1 in 2009, 1 in 2010, 4 last year, and 7 this year....and people act like he is god because he has 7.

It's pitiful. It will help to get Clayborn back next year, but these people that say pass rusher isn't a need in the draft are clueless. We need a legit speed rusher just as much as we need a couple quality CBs.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 03, 2012, 10:19:54 PM

Funny how you didn't include any numbers in that post. When your career high for sacks in a season is three or less, matching it or doubling doesn't mean a whole lot.
I'm presenting a case that the Bucs pass rushers are not failing due to coaching. They're playing at or better than the standards they've shown under other coaches. All evidence points to these players simply not being good pass rushers.

It's pitiful. It will help to get Clayborn back next year, but these people that say pass rusher isn't a need in the draft are clueless. We need a legit speed rusher just as much as we need a couple quality CBs.
Where have I said differently? You just completely changed the subject.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 03, 2012, 10:24:49 PM

Just drawing a conclusion. It's seriously sad. Especially when you think of how many high draft picks we have spent on the front four over the last few years.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 04, 2012, 12:01:59 AM

His system may get more sacks, but it gets gashed against the run at the worst possible times.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#22 : December 04, 2012, 12:26:41 AM

Yeah the problem is we have no "Big Nasties" up front! We are too soft and if McCoy is that leader...wow. He is the softest of the bunch. No time to be Mr. Nice guy, the other team is trying to take your head off.

The nasty temperment on this team (offense too) is few and far between. Bennett is only one that I see with that emotion on defense.

Wait until we see the lowly Eagles defense on Sunday. I guarantee that they come out with all kinds of emotion on defense...and we just sit there and look at them.

We will not match their intensity. We may win the game but intensity wise, we won't be a match. We are outmatched every game, in emotion.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#23 : December 04, 2012, 05:55:57 AM

TimBuc2 I disagree.  I think we are playing with the most emotion we hane seen around here since the SB. We are in no way a finished product and are learning a new way of doing things while on the fly.  So far I am suprised at how much the team has bought in and also with the fire we play with. As many have said this season...we play an exciting brand of football.  Given another off season this team can really be special if we stick to the blueprint we have started.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 04, 2012, 07:02:04 AM

His system may get more sacks, but it gets gashed against the run at the worst possible times.
His teams were generally good against the run in Tennessee.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Washburn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools