Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No longer a John Lynch fan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 03, 2012, 01:10:35 PM

He's a fine announcer, not phenomenal, but adequate for a former player.  And what good was he supposed to say about the Bucs?

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 03, 2012, 01:21:24 PM

Don't you know the media hates the Bucs by now? Locally nationally they are conspiring against us with their agendas and sabotaging ways.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 03, 2012, 01:42:08 PM

Was at the game and when Manning tried to get the crowd to shut up, it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

First off, the Broncos crowd was the quietest crowd I have ever heard live at a game when their offense had the ball. You could hear me clapping for our D and nothing else.

And the opposite when the Bucs had the ball: loud as hell.

But when the crowd started doing the wave, the Broncos had the ball. My friend and I are not big wave fans so we didn't do it. But once Manning started telling the crowd
to stop it, and I saw it was bothering him, we both started doing it. Manning kept urging them to stop it and the crowd kept enjoying the wave and ignoring him. I was laughing
my ass off as he became more animated. Finally, the wave crashed. Very enjoyable part of a very frustrating day.

indiana76buc

Second String

#18 : December 03, 2012, 03:14:13 PM

manning is such a candy ass it will be a  great day when he retires and takes his media slurpers with him greatest qb of all time....lmao obviously the media has forgotten joe montana he actually showed up in the postseason

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#19 : December 03, 2012, 03:19:34 PM

Lynch talks up the Bucs more than any other announcer.

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 03, 2012, 03:29:18 PM

He would look unprofessional if he didnt acknowledge the game Manning had, and just kissed his former teams ass. Lynch is a good announcer

Lynch is one of my favorites. Of course he was praising manning, the guy is an all-time great

While the OP's reaction is a bit over the top, so was the praise they were heaping on Manning.  Lynch was practically slobbering on his jock, "Oh my gawd that was the BESTEST checkdown I have EVAH seen"  and "NOBODY in history can hit a TE in the flat with the grace and composure and elegance of Peyton Manning".

I swear I thought he was gonna start belting out show tunes or a sonnet or something.  I realise they are expected to help build up the stars for the good of the game, but it was certainly more than was appropriate.  Especially just before the reunion, I'm pretty sure the OP isn't the only one in Tampa who felt slighted by his slurp fest.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#21 : December 03, 2012, 04:33:59 PM

I thought at any moment he was going to leave the booth, run down on the field and kiss Peyton Manning on the lips. Think he said 4 positive things about the Bucs. The rest of the time he was gushing over Manning.

Why doesn't Gene Deckerhoff announce for the local market? Don't care if I ever seen or hear John Lynch again.

You forget John was also a Denver Bronco for a few years too...and loved his time there...after he was CANNED by the Bucs in a very controversial manner

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 03, 2012, 04:49:39 PM

::) - thread.

All Manning did was blast us for 3 TDs and pretty much did whatever he wanted on a majority of their drives. Shame on the media.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 03, 2012, 05:21:31 PM

manning threw for 240 yards against a defense that gives up over 300 regularly.  he threw a pick.  his offense scored 24 points, and was helped out with short fields many times.  he played well, but he wasnt brilliant by any means.  guess it was the epitome of taking what the defense gives.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#24 : December 03, 2012, 05:33:35 PM

oh shut up...

+1

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 03, 2012, 07:36:17 PM

The Manning/Bronco love fest went a little overboard IMO...   It seemed that Lynch is still a little bitter about "being fired" by the Bucs.  Those were his words during the broadcast.  I always thought he would go in as a Buc if he was elected to the Hall of Fame but now I am not 100% sure
He was drafted a Buc, won a championship as a Buc, and retired as a Buc. He'll go in the hall as a Buc. I'll bet my house on it.

We're talking about the NFL Hall of Fame not MLB Hall of Fame. Players do not designate which logo appears on their caps because they are not wearing caps in their busts. Players go in as players in the NFL Hall of Fame. Fork over your house, please.

NittanyBuc

Starter

#26 : December 03, 2012, 10:04:09 PM

John Lynch just called. He doesn't like you either.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 03, 2012, 11:15:16 PM

The Manning/Bronco love fest went a little overboard IMO...   It seemed that Lynch is still a little bitter about "being fired" by the Bucs.  Those were his words during the broadcast.  I always thought he would go in as a Buc if he was elected to the Hall of Fame but now I am not 100% sure
He was drafted a Buc, won a championship as a Buc, and retired as a Buc. He'll go in the hall as a Buc. I'll bet my house on it.

We're talking about the NFL Hall of Fame not MLB Hall of Fame. Players do not designate which logo appears on their caps because they are not wearing caps in their busts. Players go in as players in the NFL Hall of Fame. Fork over your house, please.
Lol oh yea

youngone

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 03, 2012, 11:21:06 PM

If you think yesterday was bad, turn to the Monday night game. Gruden is practically spooning rg3. It's ridiculous.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#29 : December 03, 2012, 11:37:19 PM

RG3 is awesome!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No longer a John Lynch fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools