Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No longer a John Lynch fan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#30 : December 03, 2012, 11:47:22 PM

manning threw for 240 yards against a defense that gives up over 300 regularly.  he threw a pick.  his offense scored 24 points, and was helped out with short fields many times.  he played well, but he wasnt brilliant by any means.  guess it was the epitome of taking what the defense gives.

Ditto this.  I don't know about you, but if you told me Saturday  that those would be his passing numbers after the game, I would have been pretty happy, all things considered.   The greatness that is Peyton vs Lewis, Gorrer and Johnson?  I would have certainly expected bigger numbers, certainly so at home in Denver.  His performance was very efficent, made more so by a defense that seemed happy to keep most of the plays in front of them.  He had a good game made less impressive by the quality of passing D he faced.  Not nearly as stunning and awesome as much of the headlines and commentary made it sound.  Bottom line is, our defense while certainly not great, did just enough to keep us in the game sans an encroachment penalty late in the game and giving up the following first down. 

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#31 : December 03, 2012, 11:51:25 PM

RG3 is awesome!

I have been less impressed with Griffen than I have been ( and I can't believe I am saying this) by the playcalling of the Shanahans.  That goes for the game against us as well.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#32 : December 04, 2012, 05:44:18 AM

It is the Peyton Manning Comeback Tour all throughout the league week in and week out. They ( the NFL ) are riding this one for all it's worth.  Just like they did Hurricane Katrina and the Saints for, what seemed like, 5 years.  Another feel good story.  Against all odds. After 400 neck surgeries. It's non other than....Super Peyton Manning!!!  In case you couldn't tell also, the res were sent the memo too. It read like this....IF ANY OPPOSING DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OR LINEBACKER EVEN SNIFFS PEYTON MANNING, LOOK THE OTHER WAY WHILE THE BRONCOS OFFENSIVE LINEMAN HOLD, CHOP BLOCK, BLOCK IN THE BACK OR WHATEVER THEY NEED TO DO TO MAKE SURE OUR DARLING IS UPRIGHT AND IN GOOD CONDITION.  Seriously, they were committing penalties badly every play but we hardly got any calls but they got all the calls in their favor ( holding calls against us & pass int )  I am not a sore loser but would just like an evenly called game....just once as a BUCS fan.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 04, 2012, 02:06:47 PM

Op should delete thread.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#34 : December 04, 2012, 02:09:46 PM

" Seriously, they were committing penalties badly every play but we hardly got any calls but they got all the calls in their favor"

Every single one of them in their favor, you say? Seems like the world is out to get you.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No longer a John Lynch fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools