Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't know about you guys, but I'm pumped « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucs449

Hall of Famer

: December 03, 2012, 03:14:12 PM

Before this year, none of us had any idea what this team would look like. Would they respond well to the authoritarian tactics of Coach Schiano? Would the big free agent signings/draft picks contribute? Would Freeman step it up?

This season has been promising, disappointing, exciting, and frustrating all at the same time. We have seen an unbelievably explosive offense emerge over the last couple months, the likes of which we have never seen in Tampa. We have seen a stout run defense, coupled with an awful pass defense. We have thrown stuff at the TV when the Bucs could't punch it in from the one or when we see Michael Bennet dropping into coverage. We have experienced the thrill of blow outs and close wins and the utter disappointment of one point losses. That is football. That is why it is the best sport in the world.

Tampa Bay sits at 6-6 with four games left in the season and I couldn't be more pumped. Four games left to the decide this season. The Eagles with a rookie at QB are coming to town next week and even Java thinks that should be a win. Next are the Saints in the dome. No doubt, it will be extremely difficult but a team with playoff aspirations needs to win that one. If the Bucs can get by those two games and be at 8-6, they will face a decent Rams team that is definitely beatable and an elite Falcons team that will likely be sitting starters as they will have locked up the number one seed. 10-6 is a great possibility and that would give this team a shot at the playoffs.

What more can you ask for? We get to spend this final four weeks of the year cheering our asses off for our team and for the teams playing against the Seahawks and Bears. This is going to be an exciting month to end the season. I'm pumped.
: December 03, 2012, 03:16:17 PM bucs449

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : December 03, 2012, 04:14:43 PM

My interest is waning. Went to most of the open practices to the public, all preseason home games as well as all home games - happy w/ their progress, happy Coach S's job, but interest is dwindling. 

rwg8823

Second String

#2 : December 03, 2012, 04:25:06 PM

one more loss morgan and everyones interest will be over !! but i do agree with the op ..we could be in philly were their fans must be having fun lol or new york jets fans where all they can talk about is tebow,or how about the panthers superbowl talk turns into what ?  or the cards 4-0 to 8 straight losses. so ya theres alot of places that would love to be sitting where we are !! and for me thats got me pumped too .......for atleast one more week lol

indiana76buc

Second String

#3 : December 03, 2012, 04:44:15 PM

been a good year i viewed this as a season to find out what we had being as morris sucked so bad we couldnt really tell. I feel if we can upgrade corners and get 1 elite pass rusher somehow that we will be in the playoffs next year

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 03, 2012, 04:45:22 PM

My interest will be there until the last snap in the last drive in the last game. I've been through too many decades where there really wasn't much worth watching. This team has some talent and they never quit. Me neither. GO BUCS.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 03, 2012, 04:47:27 PM

Not impressed. Let's see you charge a victory formation.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 03, 2012, 07:47:27 PM

Many here are victims of the instant gratification thing, too impatient to notice some of these young guys making inroads onto our roster. Schiano & Co. appear intent on having every man on the 53 seriously competing for PT. If they're not, they're replaced.
    By my count we have 17 guys on the roster now who either made the roster in TC as FA's or have since signed on with the Bucs as FA's. The more guys a good developer like Schiano runs thru his system, the greater the likelihood he'll find some keepers. And he'll keep looking until he does.I fully expect some of these guys to beat out returnees from IR next year, or at least create a trade situation.
    Look at most any top-tier team; only a smattering of 1st or 2nd round picks; the rest were FA's or mid-to-low round draft picks...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 03, 2012, 07:53:44 PM

Didn't Stockton and/or Lynch mention yesterday that the Broncos had 23 new players on the roster this season. That's quite a turnover of players for a team that made the playoffs last season.  But shows how a team can make great improvements on a roster in a matter of months.  You wonder who the Bucs will decide to keep next season as Schiano enters his first off season and his next draft.

Ms Elam

Starter

#8 : December 03, 2012, 08:31:04 PM

My interest is waning. Went to most of the open practices to the public, all preseason home games as well as all home games - happy w/ their progress, happy Coach S's job, but interest is dwindling.
You mean your interest in this season is waning right? Because any buc fan that's looking to the future if this team probably wants to hit the fast forward button in life just to see the bucs next year. Surely you feel like Doug Martin will get even better. At this point he's already the best runningback in the NFC south. Surely the o line will be better. if Sullivan status you can assume Freeman and the receivers will get more comfortable with in the offense, naturally making them perform better. That's not even factoring that they could get better as players.
 Then defensively, we will obviously add to the secondary. There is only room for improvement coming from 32nd overall. Then factor in the youth of this defense.  several young starters have yet to hit there full potential. David, Mason, Barron, Clayborn, Bowers, Bennett , black, and McCoy haven't hit there ceiling yet. And even if you could pick out 2 or 3 that might not get any better, they may play better and put up better numbers if just 3 of those guys continue to get better and become focal points to opposing offensive coordinators. My excitement is at an all time high. I like this team going forward. 2 CBs away from being a playoff team right now, Eden without Joseph, nicks, abs Clayborn.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 03, 2012, 08:59:23 PM

I'm good with what transpired this season, and offseason.

Tampa bought up three mention able FA's and two of the three turned out to be ballers.

They also obtained a LB in LD that can not only scan the field, but make the tackle. It's a nice sign when a guy so new can tackle so well and be involved in plays so often.

Doug was a genuine surprise to me, as I thought he would've been injured by now. Much tougher than I had given him credit for. Very glad we picked this rolling cannonball of knives to add to a already solid offensive group.

Freeman can sling it with the best of them and I think he proved that he can this season. Win or lose, the kid has talent the team needs to use.

If they can keep this offense rolling into next season and somehow bring in an elite corner, I think this team is very deadly.
: December 03, 2012, 09:00:57 PM Benchwarmer#1

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 03, 2012, 09:02:35 PM

My interest will be there until the last snap in the last drive in the last game. I've been through too many decades where there really wasn't much worth watching. This team has some talent and they never quit. Me neither. GO BUCS.

^^ this ^^

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 03, 2012, 09:07:32 PM

^^ this ^^

+1

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#12 : December 03, 2012, 11:47:36 PM

I don't know how your interest can wane...

Team is competitive and in every game. Injuries, and adjustig to the personnel is what has hurt this team the most. Get Joseph, Nicks, Clayborn, draft a few solid CB's and sign a Veteran pass rusher and this team could threaten for a playoff spot, again.

The uninspired offensive gameplans cost the Bucs the Cowboys, and Redskins game. Poor defensive play calling blew leads against the Giants and Saints. Give these players and coaches another off season together to continue to gel and grow and man this team could be special in 2013.

But hey I was saying the same thing after 2010...I just hope this season is something better for this team to build off of. I just hope Dominik and the front office don't sit on thei hands like they did after the lockout.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#13 : December 04, 2012, 01:02:15 AM

And figure out that Doug Martin IS your best runner on the team. That means if they stop him from running. throw more SCREEN passes.

Look how many times Baltimore throws to Ray Rice. It's not really hard to figure out guys.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#14 : December 04, 2012, 01:11:38 AM

And figure out that Doug Martin IS your best runner on the team. That means if they stop him from running. throw more SCREEN passes.

Look how many times Baltimore throws to Ray Rice. It's not really hard to figure out guys.

Exactly. Stop running him up the gut for 1-2 yard gains.

Get Martin on the outside with some tosses, or off tackle runs. Setup some screens, to negate a good pass rushing team. This feeding Martin up the middle madness has got to stop. Mix up the runs better.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't know about you guys, but I'm pumped « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools