Boards > The Red Board

Lavonte's first int

(1/2) > >>

DefenseWins:
Worth taking note that David's first int came against a HOF'r, Manning.

I like David's style. Save your first for one of the games' best in Peyton Manning.

Pretty cool stuff and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Wtg, #54!

JDouble:
http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/2012-Game-Bites-vs-Denver-Broncos-12-2-12/12d7283b-0064-49de-b2b8-980f43ed4996

JavaRay:
That's the first time I've ever seen #54 more than 5 yards downfield.   He's normally at the line of scrimmage almost every down.

BucNY:

--- Quote from: JavaRay on December 03, 2012, 03:41:57 PM ---That's the first time I've ever seen #54 more than 5 yards downfield.   He's normally at the line of scrimmage almost every down.

--- End quote ---

You wouldn't know it by watching Kuechly, but LBers are suppose to be near the LOS on a run threat, lol

JavaRay:

--- Quote from: BucNY on December 03, 2012, 03:57:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: JavaRay on December 03, 2012, 03:41:57 PM ---That's the first time I've ever seen #54 more than 5 yards downfield.   He's normally at the line of scrimmage almost every down.

--- End quote ---

You wouldn't know it by watching Kuechly, but LBers are suppose to be near the LOS on a run threat, lol

--- End quote ---

He's not just doing that on running plays, he does it on most passing plays as well thinking that maybe there will be a run.   That's why the Bucs have the worst pass D in the league.

BucNY:

--- Quote from: JavaRay on December 03, 2012, 03:59:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: BucNY on December 03, 2012, 03:57:19 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

He's not just doing that on running plays, he does it on most passing plays as well thinking that maybe there will be a run.   

--- End quote ---

Oh, now you know what he's thinking????

Tell me more!

BucNY:
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings Java, Yeah our pass defense is LaVonte's fault. Feel better now?

NotDeadYet:
    Just off the top of my head; maybe he's hanging to pick up any delayed pass routes out of the backfield? He also blitzes some.
    Lavonte surprised Peyton by getting deeper than Peyton thought he could...

JavaRay:

--- Quote from: BucNY on December 03, 2012, 04:10:25 PM ---Yeah our pass defense is LaVonte's fault.

--- End quote ---

In great part, yes.

BucNY:

--- Quote from: NotDeadYet on December 03, 2012, 04:14:57 PM ---    Just off the top of my head; maybe he's hanging to pick up any delayed pass routes out of the backfield? He also blitzes some.
    Lavonte surprised Peyton by getting deeper than Peyton thought he could...

--- End quote ---

Exactly, I'm sure he's getting beat because everyone is getting beat. He's also been our most consistent defender all year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version