Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i got a question for everyone « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rwg8823

Second String

: December 03, 2012, 04:18:45 PM

so i was wandering since we been at both sides of the spectrum, which do you prefer watching a great defense with a horrible offense( ie the 90's) or what we have now great offense with a horrible defense ???? for me i have to say watching the great defense was so much better!! the stadium just use to come alive back then for that defense... it just kills me to watch this defense just get destroyed every week... if we ever could have combined the 2 90's D with todays O we would have been the greatest team of all time and won many superbowls.. just a decade apart lol   just curious what people think

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 03, 2012, 04:20:36 PM

I honestly don't know. It's rough watching anything that is 32nd ranked whether it's on offense or defense.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

indiana76buc

Second String

#2 : December 03, 2012, 04:49:14 PM

defense for me but im a buc fan thru and thru offense or defense win or lose

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 03, 2012, 05:34:28 PM

Love watching this run D. Add a few corners and improve the pass rush next year and this will take care of itself.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#4 : December 03, 2012, 05:42:18 PM

Ain't nothin' gonna "take care of itself" until we get a fiery leader on D. This is one of the most passive defenses I've ever seen. Tacklers stop and wait for the backs and receivers to come to them. Ronde is one of my all-time favorite Bucs, but let's face it, nowadays he plays like Dieon Sanders without the speed or coverage ability.
: December 03, 2012, 05:44:56 PM Illuminator

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 03, 2012, 05:50:15 PM

I'm partial to watching great D.  I'm so used to rooting for our D that I catch myself saying "come on Defense" even when our O is on the field.  Old habits die hard....

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 03, 2012, 06:16:26 PM

Ain't nothin' gonna "take care of itself" until we get a fiery leader on D. This is one of the most passive defenses I've ever seen. Tacklers stop and wait for the backs and receivers to come to them. Ronde is one of my all-time favorite Bucs, but let's face it, nowadays he plays like Dieon Sanders without the speed or coverage ability.

Nickerson, Sapp, Brooks & Lynch come to mind as role models for this defense. Hell McCoy is so nice he probably gets autographs between plays.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Hate

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 03, 2012, 07:21:15 PM

so i was wandering since we been at both sides of the spectrum, which do you prefer watching a great defense with a horrible offense( ie the 90's) or what we have now great offense with a horrible defense ????

The problem with this question is that we don't have a great offense. Great offenses are consistant..... great offenses sustain drives.... great offenses put their foot on the throat of the opponents when they have them on the ropes. We play in spurts and lately, only when we're down. That ain't great!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 03, 2012, 07:25:17 PM

You will never be a great offense if you are only smart enough to utilize one back in your system.  LBG is the thorn in Schiano's side and his greatest failure this year. The problems are compounding from this error. The smart fans will be barking when we fall short and rightfully so. 

Theoldbuc

Starter

#9 : December 03, 2012, 07:26:39 PM

so i was wandering since we been at both sides of the spectrum, which do you prefer watching a great defense with a horrible offense( ie the 90's) or what we have now great offense with a horrible defense ????

The problem with this question is that we don't have a great offense. Great offenses are consistant..... great offenses sustain drives.... great offenses put their foot on the throat of the opponents when they have them on the ropes. We play in spurts and lately, only when we're down. That ain't great!!!

Average offenses don't lead the NFC in scoring. But our's does and I think that is great!  ;)

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 03, 2012, 08:56:46 PM

not when you're 6-6

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 03, 2012, 09:31:42 PM

You will never be a great offense if you are only smart enough to utilize one back in your system.  LBG is the thorn in Schiano's side and his greatest failure this year. The problems are compounding from this error. The smart fans will be barking when we fall short and rightfully so.

So you are saying this is the same situation as when Gruden didn't play both Galloway and Bryant?    Interesting.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 03, 2012, 09:41:46 PM

That's a tough question. I love having an offense that can score at will but also love it when the defense is as stingy as can be. I might have to tip to defense because of our past. That defense was too awesome.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 03, 2012, 09:48:36 PM

It depends on the players who are the stars.   

Give me

Derrick Brooks
Warren Sapp
Simeon Rice
John Lynch
Ronde Barber (in his prime)

over

Mike Williams
Josh Freeman
Vincent Jackson
Doug Martin
Dallas Clark

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 03, 2012, 09:51:12 PM

Great defenses are a thing of the past, I'm sad to say. Offense sells in the TV game, and the rules have been seriously slanted to favor offense. Some defenses are better than others, but I don't see one today I'd hang my hat on...
    Our defense has a huge issue generating a consistant pass rush, which leads to pass coverage issues, but we still manage to be ranked high in getting turnovers.
    We have an explosive or dangerous offense, but I wouldn't call us elite just yet...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i got a question for everyone « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools