Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i got a question for everyone « previous next »
Page: 1 2

big_JLB

Starter

#15 : December 03, 2012, 09:53:30 PM

Ain't nothin' gonna "take care of itself" until we get a fiery leader on D. This is one of the most passive defenses I've ever seen. Tacklers stop and wait for the backs and receivers to come to them. Ronde is one of my all-time favorite Bucs, but let's face it, nowadays he plays like Dieon Sanders without the speed or coverage ability.

78 TFL's and the #1 run-defense say otherwise. agree about needing a true fiery leader. would love to find a thumper to play the middle and move foster outside

Love watching this run D. Add a few corners and improve the pass rush next year and this will take care of itself.

+1, still need another DE

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : December 03, 2012, 09:58:39 PM

The run D is only #1 because the Bucs D plays the run every down.   That's why their pass D is so horrible.    You do know the Bucs pass D is the worst in the entire NFL don't you?    When that happens, your run D being good is meaningless.
: December 03, 2012, 10:00:17 PM JavaRay

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 03, 2012, 10:23:31 PM

You will never be a great offense if you are only smart enough to utilize one back in your system.  LBG is the thorn in Schiano's side and his greatest failure this year. The problems are compounding from this error. The smart fans will be barking when we fall short and rightfully so.

So you are saying this is the same situation as when Gruden didn't play both Galloway and Bryant?    Interesting.
With hindsight Gruden not being able to work those two into the offense is like saying VJ and MW can't be on the same field.  Sort of the same with the running backs this year.  It was no secret those two would make the team.  I can't imagine a situation where there wasn't time to devise a better plan.  I understand that Blount has his drawbacks but sending Martin to do everything is ludicrous.  He has been a tank but still a rookie.  Guys not exactly in football shape behind him.  I guess I just never understood the plan. If Martin went down what would happen.  I feel like if they could use Blount effectively he would already play.  I can't figure it out. Tebow has as many carries. Ware is a solid back and I hope he is here a while.  3rd and Ware!
: December 03, 2012, 10:31:26 PM Bayfisher

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 03, 2012, 10:27:17 PM

The only difference is Galloway was old and injured.   Blount is young and healthy.

By the way, ludacris is a rapper.   The word is spelled ludicrous.   ( I wouldn't mention that, but I see it a lot on here.    That rapper seems to have infected a lot of kid's minds. )

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 03, 2012, 10:34:19 PM

Lol! I don't even listen to that guy and do know how to spell it.  Thanks.  Yes, I said it was sort of the same.  The fact is Morris and Olson got 1000 yards out of the guy.  There is no way someone that athletic can't be a part of the team

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 03, 2012, 11:05:16 PM

It's definitely strange that Blount doesn't play at all.    If Gruden were coach of this team, there would be 100 threads on how Blount was in Gruden's dog house.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i got a question for everyone « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools