Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO SAID FALLING BEHIND HURT THE OFFENSIVE GAMEPLAN « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: December 03, 2012, 06:36:59 PM

Greg Schiano spoke to the media on Monday at One Buccaneer Place and discussed a number of subjects regarding Sunday's 31-23 loss to the Denver Broncos.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8595

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 03, 2012, 06:39:37 PM

When does falling behind help?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 03, 2012, 07:23:23 PM

Score tds instead of kick fgs and maybe you don't fall behind

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 03, 2012, 07:29:39 PM

IDK....they seemed to go conservative when they were UP, like at halftime. 

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 03, 2012, 07:38:15 PM

Hey Greg (hint, hint)...try devising a game plan next time that takes into account the possibility that you may be playing from behind.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 03, 2012, 07:39:48 PM

that wasn't the first time

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 03, 2012, 07:43:49 PM

that wasn't the first time

I hear ya man, I think they need to go balls to the wall on offense for the ENTIRE game.   And coincidentally, Freeman seems like he is at his best when they do that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 03, 2012, 07:45:00 PM

Yea they needed to put the points up early and often. Can't be punting back to Peyton vs this defense.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 03, 2012, 07:53:31 PM

I did think totally abandoning the run game as well as even throwing to Doug was a mistake, especially against a known quantity such as Denvers pass rush. They seriously cranked their rush up once they got the big lead. I thought a few draws or screens to Doug would've slowed that rush...

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 03, 2012, 08:19:28 PM

The problem is when you abandon the run, the defense no longer bites on the play action and when all the down-field receivers are covered, Freeman and the Bucs' offense have a very weak short passing game....and when you have a very weak short passing game it is almost impossible to sustain drives....and when you can't sustain drives, you are giving Manning the ball with great field position....and when you give a Manning the ball with great field position....well, we all know what happens.

Supreme

Starter

#10 : December 03, 2012, 08:22:38 PM

The problem is when you abandon the run, the defense no longer bites on the play action and when all the down-field receivers are covered, Freeman and the Bucs' offense have a very weak short passing game....and when you have a very weak short passing game it is almost impossible to sustain drives....and when you can't sustain drives, you are giving Manning the ball with great field position....and when you give a Manning the ball with great field position....well, we all know what happens.

This.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 03, 2012, 08:25:03 PM

We know what happens. Retreads like Underwood drop multiple passes and play next week.

Supreme

Starter

#12 : December 03, 2012, 08:25:46 PM

Also, after watching that Denver game, I think the receiver depth needs to be adressed. Underwood has done a solid job so far but we need a true slot receiver. God forbid Williams or Jackson goes down cause if it does, we're screwed.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 03, 2012, 08:31:10 PM

Also, after watching that Denver game, I think the receiver depth needs to be adressed. Underwood has done a solid job so far but we need a true slot receiver. God forbid Williams or Jackson goes down cause if it does, we're screwed.

I was thinking the same. Underwood is a speed threat but I'm not sure he really is much of a weapon. Kinda like Benn. Underwood a better because he actually gets open sometimes but we need a better weapon there. I like Underwood in four WR sets though. I think they need something better at slot WR, get another TE, a few guys who Bostad likes on the Oline and were set as an offense.
: December 03, 2012, 08:34:43 PM BucBalla85

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 03, 2012, 08:47:26 PM

After Ryan threw InT's left and right, and still won, I'm even more convinced that "balls to the walls" offense is the right way to go.

In reality, only 1/4 of those plays need to work to win. Going "conservative" is like slicing your own hamstring. You can hardly call Atlanta, NO, Denver, Dallas, or NY "conservative," yet there they are...beating the Bucs. Conservative approach should only be used when your team is up by three tds and late in the fourth IMO.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO SAID FALLING BEHIND HURT THE OFFENSIVE GAMEPLAN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools