Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano's beef « previous next »
Page: 1

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: December 03, 2012, 08:05:46 PM

Schiano's beef with the officials after Fox threw the red flag to challenge the Bucs having 12 men on the field was they allowed that challenge, but would not allow him to challenge whether all 11 Colts were actually set BEFORE the snap.
     Besides that, I thought officials were supposed to keep possesion of the ball when the offense brings in subs until the defense had their subs on the field and set, as the rules committee didn't like QB's deliberately snapping the ball just to catch the D with 12 men. Thought I read that had become a "point of emphasis" this offseason...
     IMO, that's an area that needs some work by the rules committee, or maybe these refs yesterday just screwed up...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 03, 2012, 08:09:46 PM

i dont believe the offense brought in subs on the play in question.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : December 03, 2012, 08:13:25 PM

Schiano's beef with the officials after Fox threw the red flag to challenge the Bucs having 12 men on the field was they allowed that challenge, but would not allow him to challenge whether all 11 Colts were actually set BEFORE the snap.
     Besides that, I thought officials were supposed to keep possesion of the ball when the offense brings in subs until the defense had their subs on the field and set, as the rules committee didn't like QB's deliberately snapping the ball just to catch the D with 12 men. Thought I read that had become a "point of emphasis" this offseason...
     IMO, that's an area that needs some work by the rules committee, or maybe these refs yesterday just screwed up...

Listened to his radio show today and hoped a caller would question him on that. He was very animated w/ the refs and then with his coaches. Very important point in the game. Can't remember seeing a team make a challenge like that.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 03, 2012, 08:16:27 PM

Yes, I heard the same show. The one where he was complaining about the torn up field from the night before and the horse riding around the field all game day creating more holes. 

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 03, 2012, 09:28:44 PM

The rules have gotten so ridiculously complicated no wonder officials get it tangled attimes...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano's beef « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools