Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT BOARD MODERATION « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#45 : December 04, 2012, 11:11:17 AM

Quote from: BucsFTW
On a side note...  Someone mind PM'ing me & telling who swallowed the BBR, and 'for what'...?

FML... I don't even know what that means. Is this a sign I'm not hip with it anymore?

"BBR" = Big Ban Rod......   ;)

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#46 : December 04, 2012, 11:22:05 AM

" Of course it's pretty easy and anybody could do it."

I seriously doubt you could. People attack Java constantly and often break the rules doing it. But he refrains from escalating things and doesn't start breaking the rules in retaliation. I don't think you've got what it takes to pull that off.

Meh....  I think MANY could pull it off Loomy.  IF they were getting paid for it...!

If it were someone's means of creating income - it would be easier than pie.  Think about it Loomy...  Is there really much doubt that "Michael" isn't doing exactly that...?

Check absolutely ANY page of the message board, and you'll find that roughly 40% of ALL threads are created by "Michael".  12 on the first page today alone...

Now sure - is there a possibilty that "Michael" actually works for some cat who pays him to sit there and create PR threads, day in & day out, and spend a CONSIDERABLE amount of time doing so, and in the process obvioously not be required to do much of anything 'for the company' that pays him...?  Of course.

Is there a possibilty that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow...?  I'd say the odds are about the same.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#47 : December 04, 2012, 11:31:43 AM

Quote from: Bucsfan x
Might as well change Java's name to 3rd String Punter.
I like it, it's got a ring to it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#48 : December 04, 2012, 11:32:40 AM

" Of course it's pretty easy and anybody could do it."

I seriously doubt you could. People attack Java constantly and often break the rules doing it. But he refrains from escalating things and doesn't start breaking the rules in retaliation. I don't think you've got what it takes to pull that off.

Meh....  I think MANY could pull it off Loomy.  IF they were getting paid for it...!

If it were someone's means of creating income - it would be easier than pie.  Think about it Loomy...  Is there really much doubt that "Michael" isn't doing exactly that...?

Check absolutely ANY page of the message board, and you'll find that roughly 40% of ALL threads are created by "Michael".  12 on the first page today alone...

Now sure - is there a possibilty that "Michael" actually works for some cat who pays him to sit there and create PR threads, day in & day out, and spend a CONSIDERABLE amount of time doing so, and in the process obvioously not be required to do much of anything 'for the company' that pays him...?  Of course.

Is there a possibilty that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow...?  I'd say the odds are about the same.

No it's really not that hard. Java does do a good job avoiding that stuff. Honestly though as a troll you don't worry about what people say to you or about you. You just keep posting negative and outlandish things and ignore the negative things people say back and your in business. Really really simple. I don't do it because I don't care enough about getting a message board all riled up over some stupid negativity about your team. So with that said, I don't care if they ban java or not. I just feel bad for all the people who feel like they have to deal with it. They shouldn't have to. It's stupid, negative, and really immature. So if they do ban java ill be happy for the board. They won't have to deal with that unnecessary "noise". You do see it regardless if you have him ignored or not. I don't have him ignored because what he says honestly doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that it bothers a bunch of other people and it derails the theads with sudden Gruden and Tebow talk. I mean come on. This is ridiculous. Anyways, that's my two cents.
: December 04, 2012, 11:34:42 AM BucBalla85

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#49 : December 04, 2012, 12:02:12 PM

I feel sorry for those people as well. If some guy on a message board has them all ate up, imagine how badly they're struggling in real life.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 04, 2012, 12:04:26 PM

Good to hear. I know it's only temporary, but a nice break nonetheless.

Without naming names, some posters add nothing to any topic and successfully incite otherwise peaceful and intelligent posters into childish back and forth. Letting the few drag down the many is never good for the boards... Even if it increases the hit count. Quality over quantity.

freddy

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 04, 2012, 12:09:33 PM

Bravo, it was a long time coming. Maybe now we can get back to more football talk vice who has the biggest ego contests.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#52 : December 04, 2012, 12:10:44 PM

Even if it increases the hit count.
This is the only part you've got wrong JDub...

Advertisers have never, nor will ever, ask if the statistics are skewed by trolls.  They only want to know how much traffic a site receives.

That being said - Java is pure money for the folks at PR.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#53 : December 04, 2012, 12:13:50 PM

Quote from: JDouble
Good to hear. I know it's only temporary, but a nice break nonetheless.

I hope it's not temporary personally.
: December 04, 2012, 12:18:04 PM 3rd String Kicker

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#54 : December 04, 2012, 12:14:39 PM

Quote from: Freddy
Bravo, it was a long time coming. Maybe now we can get back to more football talk vice who has the biggest ego contests.

Yes, because there is no sense debating this, clearly I have the biggest ego.  ;)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#55 : December 04, 2012, 12:22:33 PM

Even if it increases the hit count.
This is the only part you've got wrong JDub...

Advertisers have never, nor will ever, ask if the statistics are skewed by trolls.  They only want to know how much traffic a site receives.

That being said - Java is pure money for the folks at PR.

I know advertisers don't care and money talks... But negative hits produced by trolls are not sustainable long term. Hits from quality information and intelligent football talk are sustainable long term. Quality always beats out quantity long term.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#56 : December 04, 2012, 12:30:23 PM

Quote from: JDouble
I know advertisers don't care and money talks... But negative hits produced by trolls are not sustainable long term. Hits from quality information and intelligent football talk are sustainable long term. Quality always beats out quantity long term.
+1. Quantity follows Quality. If the boards are good in quality, they will come. I think that all three of these moves made earlier are going to go a long way into improving the board's quality.

I'm pretty sure this is how PRPatrol was summoned by the way.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#57 : December 04, 2012, 12:31:12 PM

I feel sorry for those people as well. If some guy on a message board has them all ate up, imagine how badly they're struggling in real life.

Honestly, I feel quite the opposite. I feel sorry for a guy who feels he has to consistently troll a message board just to see how much attention he can gather from it. He really doesnt need to do it. I mean what do you get from it? Maybe I just dont understand how much it actually does for him. If it makes him and PR happy. Whatever I guess. Just dont need to at the EXPENSE of others. Totally unecessary.
: December 04, 2012, 12:32:47 PM BucBalla85

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#58 : December 04, 2012, 12:33:20 PM

Quote from: Freddy

Yes, because there is no sense debating this, clearly I have the biggest ego.  ;)

Not even top 10.    ;)

There have been many times I thought the boards were the red headed stepchild of PR. I hate seeing great topics sidetracked by the trolls. Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#59 : December 04, 2012, 12:34:12 PM

I, on the other hand, have never bothered to consider that, because I really don't care.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT BOARD MODERATION « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools