Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT BOARD MODERATION « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 04, 2012, 08:34:39 AM

Why so secret as to who?

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#31 : December 04, 2012, 08:59:16 AM

Timely

BucD

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 04, 2012, 09:01:18 AM

Good stuff.

It's been a long time coming.

2. Is Java banned yet?

If you don't like a particular poster, you're always free to find another message board. He's been a mainstay on this board and adds balance.

I completely agree with the options of, not coming to the forum and/or blocking users (both of which are things that I do/have done), but "adds balance" is completely absurd.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 04, 2012, 09:31:13 AM

Good times!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 04, 2012, 09:45:37 AM

Quote from: Benchwarmer#1
Why am I on a "watched" list for months now?

Yes! I can finally take those survelliance feeds down from outside Benchwarmer's home.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#35 : December 04, 2012, 09:55:47 AM

What took so long to figure out something had to be done?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 04, 2012, 10:29:21 AM

Good times!

Morning people suck...   Just sayin'

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 04, 2012, 10:31:44 AM

On a side note...  Someone mind PM'ing me & telling who swallowed the BBR, and 'for what'...?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 04, 2012, 10:46:34 AM

BucsFTW

Would you mind explaining what these last two posts of yours had anything to do with the topic and or football?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 04, 2012, 10:49:51 AM

2. Is Java banned yet?

If you don't like a particular poster, you're always free to find another message board. He's been a mainstay on this board and adds ratings to PR. They would never ban him.

Agree. They won't ban him. It's almost like he works here. He gets people to view the message board and site more with his overly negative and outlandish things he posts. That gets people to come and read what he says. Of course it's pretty easy and anybody could do it. I mean I could create a name and do the same thing easily and create the same buzz. Honestly PR you don't need that. You guys can stand on your own. Don't need Java to get ratings for you guys. Whatever your paying him isn't worth it.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 04, 2012, 10:57:56 AM

BucsFTW

Would you mind explaining what these last two posts of yours had anything to do with the topic and or football?

Not at all Stanley...

#1 - Just yanking S3K's chain.

#2 - Who got the Ban Stick, and for what...?  (Knowing, and respecting, full well PR's stance on making poster's ID's, or actions, public, i.e., I don't want to screw the pooch in whatever way said knuckleheads did...)

On a side note, adding actual relevancy to the topic at hand...  How Morg can defend JR's idiotic behavior, especially trying to defend his stupidity, blended with blatantly racial overtones, is beyond me.  When I read PR (for years) before joining and attempting to participate, JR used to be one of the best posters on here...  I may not have always agreed with him on any given topic, but he used to be a logical person to debate/discuss things with.  Now - not so much...  Sure, he'll sprinkle just enough posts in that actually have commentary with merit - but once a solid conversation is created...  He'll take it down some idiotic tangent that is so ridiculous it's not even worthy of a reply.

That crap just makes the board harder to enjoy, because folks have to wade through the muck.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#41 : December 04, 2012, 10:58:10 AM

" Of course it's pretty easy and anybody could do it."

I seriously doubt you could. People attack Java constantly and often break the rules doing it. But he refrains from escalating things and doesn't start breaking the rules in retaliation. I don't think you've got what it takes to pull that off.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 04, 2012, 10:59:38 AM

Quote from: BucsFTW
On a side note...  Someone mind PM'ing me & telling who swallowed the BBR, and 'for what'...?

FML... I don't even know what that means. Is this a sign I'm not hip with it anymore?

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#43 : December 04, 2012, 11:07:39 AM

Might as well change Java's name to 3rd String Punter.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 04, 2012, 11:08:52 AM

2. Is Java banned yet?

If you don't like a particular poster, you're always free to find another message board. He's been a mainstay on this board and adds ratings to PR. They would never ban him.

Agree. They won't ban him. It's almost like he works here. He gets people to view the message board and site more with his overly negative and outlandish things he posts. That gets people to come and read what he says. Of course it's pretty easy and anybody could do it. I mean I could create a name and do the same thing easily and create the same buzz. Honestly PR you don't need that. You guys can stand on your own. Don't need Java to get ratings for you guys. Whatever your paying him isn't worth it.
Gotta disagree Balla...

In the Ecommerce biz, Scott (and ALL websites) sells advertising, and the price of that advertising is based largely and predominantly on "clicks and picks".

More traffic = more money.  I know you & I know that, but now...  stop and think about it...

How many threads have you seen JR derail...?
How pissed off do many of us get at his idiocy, or at the very least - an obvious (or at least intended to appear 'obvious') disdain for the Bucs...?
How many threads get a ton of "traffic", the minute JR comes in there and throws even the most ridiculous crap up against the wall - just to see who might bite...?

I've made the claim that JR works for Scott for YEARS now, and in truth - it makes perfect sense.  I know ecommerce companies that will pay you, while working at home, for "generating traffic" to either a website, an ap, or whatever their target audience is.  How incredible easy would it be to "account for" all of the traffic JR creates...?

Think about it...  Say maybe........  a nickle per hit...?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT BOARD MODERATION « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools