Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT BOARD MODERATION « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#75 : December 04, 2012, 01:00:35 PM

You guys are nuts.   I still don't get how thinking Gruden is/was a great coach is "trolling".

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#76 : December 04, 2012, 01:02:42 PM

Can you see the positive aspects of tolerating dissenting opinions?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#77 : December 04, 2012, 01:05:53 PM

This thread is making me see a few more posters who may need to be on the banned list soon.

For the record PR has no one on the payroll or off, who we encourage to troll the boards. The accusation is ridiculous and completely false. Trolls do ZERO in terms of any advantage in our business. In fact they do more damage as we lose quality members.

So for those who are making the accusations (BucsFTW) consider this a warning.

We admittedly have let the boards get out of control and are making a serious effort to clean things up. As I have said before, question my ability as a writer or reporter, but please don't question out integrity. We are the first to admit we haven't been diligent in patrolling, but that has changed, and trust me there are others being watched and will have action taken against them soon.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#78 : December 04, 2012, 01:06:38 PM

Not once ever has a supposed "troll" sidetracked a thread without the assistance and approval of those who are supposedly being victimized.

People don't usually like it when someone generally talks like a racist.

If PR wants "negativity" to help them move site numbers, I understand, but THAT brand of negativity is OK?

(Btw, 3rd. I got your pm. Understand, but don't agree. Same person being discussed was just as guilty and received no warning or otherwise. Thanks though.)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#79 : December 04, 2012, 01:13:51 PM

I think we should ban PRSubs and PewterReportAS. They obviously cheated last year to get ranked as high as they did in the pick'em last year. I'm still convinced they employed psychics.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#80 : December 04, 2012, 01:14:55 PM

" People don't usually like it when someone generally talks like a racist."

Then those people should report the offender and have them banned. But that never seems to happen, does it?

You know, I had this same conversation with FTW. He claimed that a certain poster was "constantly posting racial slurs." But when challenged, he couldn't seem to find a single one of them. So how about you? Can you find this offensive racist material? Report it.

Good luck on your snipe hunt.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#81 : December 04, 2012, 01:18:31 PM

This thread is making me see a few more posters who may need to be on the banned list soon.

For the record PR has no one on the payroll or off, who we encourage to troll the boards. The accusation is ridiculous and completely false. Trolls do ZERO in terms of any advantage in our business. In fact they do more damage as we lose quality members.

We admittedly have let the boards get out of control and are making a serious effort to clean things up. As I have said before, question my ability as a writer or reporter, but please don't question out integrity. We are the first to admit we haven't been diligent in patrolling, but that has changed, and trust me there are others being watched and will have action taken against them soon.

Personally I think its a fair assumption to make. You let the guy run around all these years when everybody is complaining about him and is making racist comments once in a while, and is purposely getting the board riled up and we see you guys take no action? I mean I can see why people think he gets paid by you guys. If I get banned for saying this so be it but Im just saying why its a fair assumption to make. We do wonder why you let him stick around so long when so many people complained about him. They didnt complain just to complain MC.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#82 : December 04, 2012, 01:22:50 PM

BucsnNoles, I believe he's talking about FTW's accusation that Java is on the payroll.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#83 : December 04, 2012, 01:24:26 PM

BucsnNoles, I believe he's talking about FTW's accusation that Java is on the payroll.
Yeah....my bad.  I re-read it and delete my comment.  No surprise to see OweTownMicheal18923457WTF talking out of his ass.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#84 : December 04, 2012, 01:33:46 PM

Personally I think its a fair assumption to make. You let the guy run around all these years when everybody is complaining about him and is making racist comments once in a while, and is purposely getting the board riled up and we see you guys take no action? I mean I can see why people think he gets paid by you guys. If I get banned for saying this so be it but Im just saying why its a fair assumption to make. We do wonder why you let him stick around so long when so many people complained about him. They didnt complain just to complain MC.

I get what you are saying Balla85, I know how it appears, all I am saying is no chance it is some devious plan by PR to drive numbers.. and anyone who continues to make that assumption after I say it isn't true is calling me a liar. I meant from here on out no one should still think it is an evil plot to drive numbers. No, I get how it appears, all I'm saying is that it isn't the case. The one thing that frustrates me is the constant negativity from some posters. It is as if they argue just to argue. But there is a fine line between being a troll and someone who is just a miserable person and a pessimist. We want people to share their views positive and negative but do so in a constructive way.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#85 : December 04, 2012, 01:36:43 PM

I get what you are saying Balla85, I know how it appears, all I am saying is no chance it is some devious plan by PR to drive numbers.. and anyone who continues to make that assumption after I say it isn't true is calling me a liar. I meant from here on out no one should still think it is an evil plot to drive numbers. No, I get how it appears, all I'm saying is that it isn't the case. The one thing that frustrates me is the constant negativity from some posters. It is as if they argue just to argue. But there is a fine line between being a troll and someone who is just a miserable person and a pessimist. We want people to share their views positive and negative but do so in a constructive way.

Thats all I ask. But we havent seen that so far. Hopefully the "nonsense" is over.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#86 : December 04, 2012, 01:44:37 PM

Hope so too. We are committed to getting rid of the garbage. Several are on a short leash.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#87 : December 04, 2012, 01:48:10 PM

We need a nickname/gimmick for the moderating team... "The Garbage Men" could work. Maybe... Or.... "The Referees"

Every time we warn someone we post a gif of a referee tossing a flag. Yes, because this won't get annoying quickly.  :D

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#88 : December 04, 2012, 01:53:40 PM

We need to all get along and coexist. Come on guys, what happened to riding the wave?

I think you banned him.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#89 : December 04, 2012, 01:53:56 PM

We need a nickname/gimmick for the moderating team... "The Garbage Men" could work. Maybe... Or.... "The Referees"

Every time we warn someone we post a gif of a referee tossing a flag. Yes, because this won't get annoying quickly.  :D
Or....how about this....I'm just spitballing here.....How about you are given the ability to actually suspend/ban people and delete threads?  I know, I know.....It sounds crazy to actually give a moderator that ability, but I think it could do wonders here.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT BOARD MODERATION « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools