Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT BOARD MODERATION « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#90 : December 04, 2012, 01:56:27 PM

Can we call you "Infernal Affairs"?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#91 : December 04, 2012, 01:58:54 PM

2. Is Java banned yet?

If you don't like a particular poster, you're always free to find another message board. He's been a mainstay on this board and adds ratings to PR. They would never ban him.

Agree. They won't ban him.

2. Is Java banned yet?

If you don't like a particular poster, you're always free to find another message board. He's been a mainstay on this board and adds balance.

Oh, I see. You modified my quote because I didn't post that.   Yet another reason why threads get out of hand.

yea I did that for a reason. Happens all the time. I am guilty of it here and many other times. Usually only to the ones we consider trolls.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#92 : December 04, 2012, 02:07:36 PM

Quote from: BucsnNoles
Or....how about this....I'm just spitballing here.....How about you are given the ability to actually suspend/ban people and delete threads?  I know, I know.....It sounds crazy to actually give a moderator that ability, but I think it could do wonders here.

I can delete threads and posts. I deleted over 2,000 posts/threads just three weeks ago in a matter of 2-3 days. That's not exaggeration lol. Here is a picture of me moderating.

As far as banning posters, that will come in time. In the mean time, I'll contact the PR team on any matters that might reward a vacation.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#93 : December 04, 2012, 02:11:52 PM

Can we call you "Infernal Affairs"?

Or... PRPR

Public Relations of Pewter Report

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#94 : December 04, 2012, 02:12:54 PM

You guys are nuts.   I still don't get how thinking Gruden is/was a great coach is "trolling".

Why do I feel like I am the only one confused about this post being here?  ???

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#95 : December 04, 2012, 02:15:20 PM

You guys are nuts.   I still don't get how thinking Gruden is/was a great coach is "trolling".

Why do I feel like I am the only one confused about this post being here?  ???

What's confusing to you?    Read the thread.   I was responding to the people who named me as a troll.    And that is simply not accurate.   

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#96 : December 04, 2012, 02:16:35 PM

As far as banning posters, that will come in time. In the mean time, I'll contact the PR team on any matters that might reward a vacation.
Yeah....You go and tell them about it and then they come here every few months and post a thread that "big changes are coming soon!!!!"......and then of course nothing happens.

watson

Hall of Famer
#97 : December 04, 2012, 02:16:40 PM

Quote from: BucsnNoles
Or....how about this....I'm just spitballing here.....How about you are given the ability to actually suspend/ban people and delete threads?  I know, I know.....It sounds crazy to actually give a moderator that ability, but I think it could do wonders here.

I can delete threads and posts. I deleted over 2,000 posts/threads just three weeks ago in a matter of 2-3 days. That's not exaggeration lol. Here is a picture of me moderating.

It seems some have problems with Java....which I don't understand....I've been on here a long time and he expresses his opinion but he should be able to.  He does not attack other posters or resort to calling others names.   He openly expresses his admiration for Coach Gruden and Tim Tebow and that is OK with me.  Those are his thoughts and there is nothing derogatory in that.

I hope that one of your criteria for banning posters and deleting threads is those that resort to the name calling and making the threads personal.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#98 : December 04, 2012, 03:00:01 PM

This thread is making me see a few more posters who may need to be on the banned list soon.
Begging your pardon Mark, but it seems as if this post is directly addressing my thoughts on the matter.  IF that's the case, that's fine, but it seems ironic that any poster would be threatened to be banned for simply providing their opinion in a manner which totally adheres to the rules.

For the record PR has no one on the payroll or off, who we encourage to troll the boards. 
No one stated they were "encouraged".  My inclination is leaning more towards "it would be fiduciary advantageous to HIRE someone to create traffic...  Like "Michael", for example.  His posts are so very helpful from an information standpoint that it darned near makes PR a "one stop shopping source" for all things Bucs...!  Why....???

Because we've all come to KNOW that Mikey will dig up every piece of on-line Bucs 411 there is - and then post it in one easy-to-find source called PEWTER REPORT.  That's a good thing (I think?)

The accusation is ridiculous and completely false. Trolls do ZERO in terms of any advantage in our business. In fact they do more damage as we lose quality members.
While it may very well be ridiculous - how can it possibly be false Mark...?  Hits equal money.  It's as simple as that, and I doubt even you would deny that sir.  I will concede that Trolls are undeniably disadvantageous in terms of the long-term success of a message board.  Especially one which may (?) generate a considerable amount of their revenue from the advertising space they sell on that same board.  But then again, I honestly believe IF PR was adamant about ridding themselves of trolls - or at least reigning them in to the point of being bearable, at least - that JR has caused MORE THAN JUST A FEW to publicly announce right here on the board that "they would not renew their subscription as long as a certain poster's behaviour was still tolerated..."

So for those who are making the accusations (BucsFTW) consider this a warning. 
Warning respectively considered MC...  I beg your pardon, but if I may ask - What am I being warned for...?  Having an opinion regarding JR or Michael...?  While I admit the suggestion (I have accused PR of absolutely nothing) may insinuate that a certain poster may, or may not, be compensated for creating threads.......  I fail to see why that would be a bannable offense....

In short, my only thoughts on the matter are:
It would be brilliant business to hire (or have an on-staff employee) someone to do nothing but scan the wires for Bucs stories, and then post them in a well-layed-out manner, yet NEVER takes a position on the story....
Just gives you the story for your enjoyment.  Amazingly. "Michael" never comes back to any of his threads to post his opinions on any given matter.  Just an observation, but...  I'm not the only one to notice.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#99 : December 04, 2012, 03:05:25 PM

MC already laid it out for ya, clear as could be. You're just pushing it now.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#100 : December 04, 2012, 03:09:03 PM

This thread is making me see a few more posters who may need to be on the banned list soon.
Begging your pardon Mark, but it seems as if this post is directly addressing my thoughts on the matter.

Was your first clue when MC called you out by name?

In short

If only...

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#101 : December 04, 2012, 03:11:36 PM

My inclination is leaning more towards "it would be fiduciary advantageous to HIRE someone to create traffic...  Like "Michael", for example.
Yeah,  Michael is so good that someone should make another account and pretend to be him.

Oh.....wait.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#102 : December 04, 2012, 03:12:47 PM

Begging your pardon Mark, but it seems as if this post is directly addressing my thoughts on the matter.

Was your first clue when MC called you out by name?

HA!!

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#103 : December 04, 2012, 03:19:31 PM

MC already laid it out for ya, clear as could be. You're just pushing it now.
No...  I politely asked for clarification becuase he clearly misunderstands my statements.

Why don't 'cha just chill and have a beer........

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#104 : December 04, 2012, 03:22:27 PM

Quote from: BucsFTW
Quote from: PewterReportMC
  So for those who are making the accusations (BucsFTW) consider this a warning. 
Warning respectively considered MC...  I beg your pardon, but if I may ask - What am I being warned for...?  Having an opinion regarding JR or Michael...?  While I admit the suggestion (I have accused PR of absolutely nothing) may insinuate that a certain poster may, or may not, be compensated for creating threads.......  I fail to see why that would be a bannable offense.... In short, my only thoughts on the matter are: It would be brilliant business to hire (or have an on-staff employee) someone to do nothing but scan the wires for Bucs stories, and then post them in a well-layed-out manner, yet NEVER takes a position on the story.... Just gives you the story for your enjoyment.  Amazingly. "Michael" never comes back to any of his threads to post his opinions on any given matter.  Just an observation, but...  I'm not the only one to notice.

Well I do say kind sir! It's a chippy day to have my squire out working, but I'll have him respond to this as such. The implication that an accusation had not occurred forth on this fourth day in the year's final month, but rather merely a suggestion of one's wrong doings sounds woefully irrelevant, as of fact it bathes in irrelevance one could say. Sir Mark of Pewter Report takes his craft very seriously and has kindly requested that the rumor of him utilizing x or z poster for financial reasons on the forums be laid to rest as such rumor/speculation/suggestion/accusation is quite simply of a false variety. The offense of the alleged is simply put an offense which has merited warning, not of banishment variety. It is the continuation down this road, in which the accused would find they have in fact been banned. Sir Mark states that he is okay questioning his scriptures, but with all kindness, do not besmirch upon him with comments of which defame his organization. There is in fact, no fact to such rumors of besmirchment and such besmirchification should cease in its existence before we as gentlemen are forced to remove upon ourselves from our gloves and settle this in a timely fashion.

With All Due Sincerity Kind Sir.
** Strokes Mustache and Adjusts Monocle**
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT BOARD MODERATION « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools