Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Record Breaking « previous next »
Page: 1

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

: December 03, 2012, 11:13:57 PM

Right now two guys are on pace to break some single season records.

The 1st one is Calvin Johnson who is on pace to break the most receiving yards in a season. Jerry Rice set the record with 1,848 yards, Johnson is currently projected to get 1,904. Just a great talent, I'm still mad that the lions drafted him,Still amazed with some of his highlights.

Next is Aldon Smith who is on pace to break the single season sack record.

I thought it was interesting just to have look out if these guys can set some records. I also wanna give Adrian Peterson a shout out, Right now on pace to get a little over 1,900 yards. That's INSANE for somebody coming off such a serious injury.

I'm not sure if he RG3 broke it but he's pretty close to break most rushing yards for a rookie QB.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : December 03, 2012, 11:19:36 PM

I'm not sure if he RG3 broke it but he's pretty close to break most rushing yards for a rookie QB.

Rookie records are no big deal.   If he breaks most rushing yards for a QB in history, then he's accomplished something.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 03, 2012, 11:21:47 PM

Rookie records are no big deal.   If he breaks most rushing yards for a QB in history, then he's accomplished something.
Just a fun fact. It's a little over 700, I'm pretty sure Vick has the record with barely over 1,000. Though I'd say some rookie record are pretty big and will be hard to break like Moss's receiving TD's and Newton's Rushing TD's.
: December 03, 2012, 11:25:44 PM bucsquad

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : December 03, 2012, 11:31:34 PM

Vick ran for less than 300 yards as a rookie.

Cam Newton at 706 had the most rushing yards for a rookie QB.    (what has happened to defenses?   Two years in a row that record is broken.)

But he has the all time best season for yards rushing for a QB.
Michael Vick rushed for 1039 yards in the 2006 season to set the single season rushing record for quarterbacks.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Record Breaking « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools