Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stats are for losers but « previous next »
Page: 1

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

: December 02, 2012, 11:20:54 PM

In a non-playoff season, it's all that some of us have left.

Do you think that Freeman will hit 4000 yards and 30 TDs?

He has to average 250 yards and 1.75 TDs a game.

Do you that Doug Martin will hit 2000 yards from scrimmage?

He needs to average 130 a game.

Do you think that Mike Williams will end up with 1000 yards receiving?

He needs 70.5 a game.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 03, 2012, 09:48:37 AM

Last year, a third of the leagues QB's threw for at least 4,000 yards.  As of right now, there are 13 that are on that pace (Freeman being one of them), and another 4 more that could very well hit that mark as well.  I would like to think that in a passing league, our QB could get to that mark.  Since he's on that pace, I'll say yes to believing he could get to 4,000 yards.

If he doesn't get to 30 TD's, I'll be shocked.  In fact, with the final four opponents they have coming up, I'll be shocked if he doesn't 4,200 yards and 32 TD's.

I think it's reasonable for Martin to get 2,000 yards, but I won't be upset or shocked if he comes up short.  Rookie RB's generally hit a wall.  If he ends up with 1,800... I'm good.

Williams, no.  I don't think he gets to 1,000 yards unless he has one of those 180 yard type games.  He's only averaging 60 right now and I don't think Freeman will complete enough passes to get Williams the necessary number of receptions.  If he's in the 9's, I'm perfectly happy with that.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 03, 2012, 11:59:47 PM

It's not as impressive in this day and age, but 4000 yards and 30 TDs would be franchise records, and it would be the best season by a QB in Bucs history.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stats are for losers but « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools