Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB Anthony Gaitor Set to Play Sunday « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : December 04, 2012, 12:19:53 AM »

Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ CB Anthony Gaitor Set to Return from Injury

December 3rd, 2012 at 4:45 PM
By Wolf Heard

While the Tampa Bay Buccaneers await word on the status of cornerback LeQuan Lewis's knee injury, they are ready to welcome back another member of the secondary.

Cornerback Anthony Gaitor is eligible to return from injured reserve and head coach Greg Schiano says the second-year pro will play this week against the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Bucs placed Gaitor on the IR/designated to return list on October 9th because of a nagging hamstring that had been bothering him since the preseason.

Gaitor briefly returned to practice earlier this season, but suffered a setback and became the first Bucs player in history to be placed on the newly created designated to return list. The rules of the designation meant that Gaitor had to sit out at six weeks before returning to action.

The Bucs could certainly use Gaitor's services. If Lewis is out, then Tampa Bay will only have E.J. Biggers, Leonard Johnson, Danny Gorrer, and Myron Lewis left at cornerback against the Eagles on Sunday.

http://www.buccaneers101.com/2012/12/03/tampa-bay-buccaneers-cb-anthony-gaitor-set-to-return-from-injury/

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 04, 2012, 12:24:43 AM »

"CROWN US!!!"

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
« #2 : December 04, 2012, 01:26:29 AM »

Maybe if he turns and looks for the ball he won't get toasted as bad as the other 4th string CB's that are pretending to be starters.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #3 : December 04, 2012, 11:18:32 AM »

He can't be any worse than what we have CB.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #4 : December 04, 2012, 11:55:05 AM »

I think we have a bunch of great nickel and dime CBs, but no #1 or #2. I like gator, but I'm not sure his return will help much.

aarex

Rookie

« #5 : December 04, 2012, 11:57:46 AM »

I like gaitor, He is a quality person and a pretty great playmaker based on film and I think he could be a pretty awesome nickel back, but i agree i don't see him being able to deal with the calvin johnson's of the league.  I hope I'm wrong

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

« #6 : December 04, 2012, 12:09:50 PM »

meanwhile...somewhere on the sidelines, Myron Lewis was seen "chillin"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #7 : December 04, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »

I'm excited to see how Gaitor performs.  I thought his played fairly well in the brief time he was on the field.

Hell, he might be the #1 CB on the team at this point.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 04, 2012, 01:13:41 PM »

Always liked what I saw from him when he played. I'm glad he's back, he should be better than what we have going out there currently.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

TheQ

Starter

« #9 : December 04, 2012, 02:21:46 PM »

I am waiting to see what he looks like on the field. Actually, hoping that he can shine and make plays.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #10 : December 04, 2012, 02:37:50 PM »

I'm very excited Gaitor will be back, especially with the state of the CB position right now. But I also think it is important for everyone to remember that he is a 7th round draft pick, a second year pro, with very little game experience. If he doesn't come out and shut down WR's, don't throw him off of a bridge just yet.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #11 : December 04, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »

He's faster than Leonard Johnson and he is has good ball skills, so even though I think he is best suited as a nickel... Right now it might be best to put Johnson in the nickel and try gator outside. If he is truly 100% healthy, I think that would be the best alignment. Scary thing is, Biggers remains our #1 CB for the rest of the year. Biggers has actually been pretty good the last few games, but it would take a lot for me to trust him.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

« #12 : December 04, 2012, 02:47:46 PM »

Maybe if he turns and looks for the ball he won't get toasted as bad as the other 4th string CB's that are pretending to be starters.
Talib had the same problem.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #13 : December 04, 2012, 02:52:19 PM »

He looked like a little ball Hawk in college and preseason. Hope he is fresh and ready to make some noise.

He went on IR for a hami, and I think they only did that to make room on the roster cause the new rule allows us to bring him back. There was no major injury... So he should be the healthiest and freshest guy on the field.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #14 : December 04, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »

#itsabucslife

We're excited about a 7th round draft pick coming back. God we're really really bad at CB.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB Anthony Gaitor Set to Play Sunday « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools