Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs’ Troubling Playoff Picture « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #15 : December 04, 2012, 10:47:54 AM »

Think back to August. Only a few of us expected this team to be in the hunt for a playoff spot at all, and that was before the injuries, suspensions, trades, cuts, etc.. The Bucs are respectable. That's progress and we're going to have to be satisfied with that for now. After week #6 last year, this team couldn't beat anybody, USF included. This year they at least have the attitude and ability to beat any team in the league. They don't quit and they have the talent and skills to compete with the best. THAT is progress. The playoffs would be a great learning experience, but there is no realistic shot at a Lombardi. Next year there will be. I can't wait to see what Schiano and Dominik have planned in free agency and the draft. The foundation is in place for a really great team. We don't need a complete overhaul like we did four years ago. We need just a few pieces and a little depth. I'm not worried about the playoffs. I am confident they will come. Just keep the games close and I'll be happy. Next year I expect the Bucs to destroy teams and go deep in the playoffs.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
« #16 : December 04, 2012, 11:20:54 AM »

The Bears have a really tough schedule. I think they have at least 2 more losses in them.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #17 : December 04, 2012, 11:24:37 AM »

It's crazy that at the end the things Seattle can probably get in ahead of us because of that fluke Monday night game against Green Bay. We can thank the NFL for that one.

The Seahawks held the Greenbay Packers to 4 field goals in that game. They may have been the recipients of a bad call at the end, but they put them in a position to win in that game. They also beat the Patriots in a shoot out. Then the Seahawks went into Chicago and beat the Bears when they needed it most. That is why they will get in the playoffs. They rose up and took their opportunity....we didn't.

wait a minute, we held Dallas to 16 points and we made plays to stay in the Atlanta game.  A fluke play and we may have won either or both of those games.
Hmmm,
Packers 8-4 playoff team
Bears 8-4 playoff team
Pats 9-3 playoff team

Cowboys 6-6 and would struggle to make the 12 team playoffs if the NFL were a 12 team league.
Falcons record doesn't matter because it was a divisional game and everything goes out the window for those.

And in Seattles case there is no "IF they made a fluke play" they did make the plays while we didn't, that's a sign of a playoof team compared to a pretender.

For my money (and it pains me to say this) it doesn't matter anyway because we are likely going to be looking up at the Hawks & Skins from our 8th seed spot come playoff time.

Seattle beat Green Bay on a fluke and quite possible a wrongly called play.    Dallas has a good offense regardless of their record and we held them to 16 points.   If we were the benefactors of a fluke like play we may have beaten them and been 7-5 and our playoff picture would look much different.   And we were in the Falcons game regardless.   That was my only point in response to the poster saying Seattle rose up while implying we did not.   Although they did get it done in Chicago this past weekend and that is for sure.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #18 : December 04, 2012, 11:31:28 AM »

Bucs have the ability to win out.  Seahawks can lose 2.   That puts us in the show providing the Vikes, Cowboys, and Skins do not win out.  It's doable.   

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
« #19 : December 04, 2012, 11:38:13 AM »

We got this!  GO BUCS!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #20 : December 04, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »

It's doable, but not likely. Every team has to deal with injuries, so it's not an excuse, but it is just a fact that we've lost too much on the o-line, d-line, and secondary. Teams are dominating up front and our offense can no longer over come our defensive deficiencies. If we squeek into the play offs it would be an amazing accomplishment for this franchise, but I have no confidence that we would do anything in the post season.

Draft Aaron Donald

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

« #21 : December 04, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »

You guys really think the skins are going to win out? I don't even think theyre gonna beat bmore this weekend. Not to mention that both the skins and cowboys play eachother the last weekend and are guaranteed to knock the other out. This is still doable. Every division except for ours is still up for grabs. The bears and the niners have tough schedules left to. Never know what will happen. I still say if we can run the table which is also doable well make the playoffs.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #22 : December 04, 2012, 11:41:07 AM »

I'm not one to hope we lose games for a better draft spot though. I hope we finish strong and win our last four.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #23 : December 04, 2012, 11:47:28 AM »

We are without a doubt a good team this year. We've made huge strides and the future is bright... But we haven't beat a single good team this year. I think the sky is the limit next year with a few key additions and our injured starters back. Just not buying that we are a playoff team this year with this roster. We had the chance to prove me wrong this past month, and we didn't do it. We come close in big games but we just aren't quite there yet.

Draft Aaron Donald

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #24 : December 04, 2012, 12:52:36 PM »

Like Jdouble said its not likely, but it IS doable. Stranger things have happened, and we are only 1 game back with 4 to go. Even if we have a lot of holes, I will root for this team till the clock hits 0 in the Atlanta game.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #25 : December 04, 2012, 01:05:06 PM »

Isn't Seattle about to lose their starting corners? That would help our cause I think. We still got a shot to win out and I won't say it's over till its over.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #26 : December 04, 2012, 02:46:14 PM »

I heard there was a delay in the hearing and they will likely play out the year.

Draft Aaron Donald

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #27 : December 04, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »

I heard there was a delay in the hearing and they will likely play out the year.
Wow.. Luckiest team this year.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #28 : December 04, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »

It's crazy that at the end the things Seattle can probably get in ahead of us because of that fluke Monday night game against Green Bay. We can thank the NFL for that one.

The Seahawks held the Greenbay Packers to 4 field goals in that game. They may have been the recipients of a bad call at the end, but they put them in a position to win in that game. They also beat the Patriots in a shoot out. Then the Seahawks went into Chicago and beat the Bears when they needed it most. That is why they will get in the playoffs. They rose up and took their opportunity....we didn't.

wait a minute, we held Dallas to 16 points and we made plays to stay in the Atlanta game.  A fluke play and we may have won either or both of those games.
Hmmm,
Packers 8-4 playoff team
Bears 8-4 playoff team
Pats 9-3 playoff team

Cowboys 6-6 and would struggle to make the 12 team playoffs if the NFL were a 12 team league.
Falcons record doesn't matter because it was a divisional game and everything goes out the window for those.

And in Seattles case there is no "IF they made a fluke play" they did make the plays while we didn't, that's a sign of a playoof team compared to a pretender.

For my money (and it pains me to say this) it doesn't matter anyway because we are likely going to be looking up at the Hawks & Skins from our 8th seed spot come playoff time.

Seattle beat Green Bay on a fluke and quite possible a wrongly called play.    Dallas has a good offense regardless of their record and we held them to 16 points.   If we were the benefactors of a fluke like play we may have beaten them and been 7-5 and our playoff picture would look much different.   And we were in the Falcons game regardless.   That was my only point in response to the poster saying Seattle rose up while implying we did not.   Although they did get it done in Chicago this past weekend and that is for sure.
So somehow the "flukes" always go the way of the Hawks and never go our way?
Sorry but I just don't buy that, teams that are ready for the postseason take advantage of situations that allow them to win close games, some call it flukes others say it's a matter of being well prepared for those situations and not blowing them.

As far as holding Dallas to 16 points, woohoo moral victory, shame they held us to 10 meaning it doesn't matter.
Doesn't help that Dallas is as average as average can be and we still couldn't beat them even after winning the turnover battle and having fewer penalties.
We didn't lose on a fluke, we lost because we choked under the pressure of being in the spotlight, playing one of the most covered teams in the NFL & media storm about "Victorygate" in New York.
You can't say "fluke" when your QB goes 10-28-110 with 1 TD 1 INT and he fumbles twice.
Maybe we should have learn more on "super rookie" Martin, oh wait he was under 3 ypc on 19 attempts so that wasn't going to work.
We might as well have been called the Tampa Bay McNabbs in that game, it wouldnn't have been a fluke play that won us that game because we weren't playing well enough to be in a position to make/capitalise on a fluke play..

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #29 : December 04, 2012, 04:18:48 PM »

Forget the playoffs. We'd get pwned in the 1st round if we got there anyways. Lets hope for a nice 8-8 finish and look to building a competitive defense for next year. Then we can make a serious run.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs’ Troubling Playoff Picture « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools