Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs’ Troubling Playoff Picture « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #45 : December 05, 2012, 12:18:57 AM »

You forgot to mention the Mike Williams "non catch" at the end of the Giants game where he took three steps and then got hit out of bounds....and the Mike Williams "non catch" at the end of the Saints game where he was pushed out of bounds while Freeman was still in the pocket, but it wasn't PI and made his game winning TD catch void....or the other 20 bad calls that seemed to kill us this year.

Draft Aaron Donald

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #46 : December 05, 2012, 05:40:55 AM »

It's crazy that at the end the things Seattle can probably get in ahead of us because of that fluke Monday night game against Green Bay. We can thank the NFL for that one.

The Seahawks held the Greenbay Packers to 4 field goals in that game. They may have been the recipients of a bad call at the end, but they put them in a position to win in that game. They also beat the Patriots in a shoot out. Then the Seahawks went into Chicago and beat the Bears when they needed it most. That is why they will get in the playoffs. They rose up and took their opportunity....we didn't.

wait a minute, we held Dallas to 16 points and we made plays to stay in the Atlanta game.  A fluke play and we may have won either or both of those games.
Hmmm,
Packers 8-4 playoff team
Bears 8-4 playoff team
Pats 9-3 playoff team

Cowboys 6-6 and would struggle to make the 12 team playoffs if the NFL were a 12 team league.
Falcons record doesn't matter because it was a divisional game and everything goes out the window for those.

And in Seattles case there is no "IF they made a fluke play" they did make the plays while we didn't, that's a sign of a playoof team compared to a pretender.

For my money (and it pains me to say this) it doesn't matter anyway because we are likely going to be looking up at the Hawks & Skins from our 8th seed spot come playoff time.

Seattle beat Green Bay on a fluke and quite possible a wrongly called play.    Dallas has a good offense regardless of their record and we held them to 16 points.   If we were the benefactors of a fluke like play we may have beaten them and been 7-5 and our playoff picture would look much different.   And we were in the Falcons game regardless.   That was my only point in response to the poster saying Seattle rose up while implying we did not.   Although they did get it done in Chicago this past weekend and that is for sure.
So somehow the "flukes" always go the way of the Hawks and never go our way?
Sorry but I just don't buy that, teams that are ready for the postseason take advantage of situations that allow them to win close games, some call it flukes others say it's a matter of being well prepared for those situations and not blowing them.

As far as holding Dallas to 16 points, woohoo moral victory, shame they held us to 10 meaning it doesn't matter.
Doesn't help that Dallas is as average as average can be and we still couldn't beat them even after winning the turnover battle and having fewer penalties.
We didn't lose on a fluke, we lost because we choked under the pressure of being in the spotlight, playing one of the most covered teams in the NFL & media storm about "Victorygate" in New York.
You can't say "fluke" when your QB goes 10-28-110 with 1 TD 1 INT and he fumbles twice.
Maybe we should have learn more on "super rookie" Martin, oh wait he was under 3 ypc on 19 attempts so that wasn't going to work.
We might as well have been called the Tampa Bay McNabbs in that game, it wouldnn't have been a fluke play that won us that game because we weren't playing well enough to be in a position to make/capitalise on a fluke play..

My bad .... I didn't realize you were "slow" when I responded to you the first time
So because I realise that true playoff contenders take advantage of situations like the Hawks while pretenders always seem to come up short like us, I'm the slow one?
Right, because you can't grasp something simple I'm slow, gotcha.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #47 : December 05, 2012, 05:48:04 AM »

It's crazy that at the end the things Seattle can probably get in ahead of us because of that fluke Monday night game against Green Bay. We can thank the NFL for that one.

The Seahawks held the Greenbay Packers to 4 field goals in that game. They may have been the recipients of a bad call at the end, but they put them in a position to win in that game. They also beat the Patriots in a shoot out. Then the Seahawks went into Chicago and beat the Bears when they needed it most. That is why they will get in the playoffs. They rose up and took their opportunity....we didn't.

wait a minute, we held Dallas to 16 points and we made plays to stay in the Atlanta game.  A fluke play and we may have won either or both of those games.
Hmmm,
Packers 8-4 playoff team
Bears 8-4 playoff team
Pats 9-3 playoff team

Cowboys 6-6 and would struggle to make the 12 team playoffs if the NFL were a 12 team league.
Falcons record doesn't matter because it was a divisional game and everything goes out the window for those.

And in Seattles case there is no "IF they made a fluke play" they did make the plays while we didn't, that's a sign of a playoof team compared to a pretender.

For my money (and it pains me to say this) it doesn't matter anyway because we are likely going to be looking up at the Hawks & Skins from our 8th seed spot come playoff time.

Seattle beat Green Bay on a fluke and quite possible a wrongly called play.    Dallas has a good offense regardless of their record and we held them to 16 points.   If we were the benefactors of a fluke like play we may have beaten them and been 7-5 and our playoff picture would look much different.   And we were in the Falcons game regardless.   That was my only point in response to the poster saying Seattle rose up while implying we did not.   Although they did get it done in Chicago this past weekend and that is for sure.
Sorry but I just don't buy that, teams that are ready for the postseason take advantage of situations that allow them to win close games, some call it flukes others say it's a matter of being well prepared for those situations and not blowing them.

As far as holding Dallas to 16 points, woohoo moral victory, shame they held us to 10 meaning it doesn't matter.
Doesn't help that Dallas is as average as average can be and we still couldn't beat them even after winning the turnover battle and having fewer penalties.
We didn't lose on a fluke, we lost because we choked under the pressure of being in the spotlight, playing one of the most covered teams in the NFL & media storm about "Victorygate" in New York.
You can't say "fluke" when your QB goes 10-28-110 with 1 TD 1 INT and he fumbles twice.
Maybe we should have learn more on "super rookie" Martin, oh wait he was under 3 ypc on 19 attempts so that wasn't going to work.
We might as well have been called the Tampa Bay McNabbs in that game, it wouldnn't have been a fluke play that won us that game because we weren't playing well enough to be in a position to make/capitalise on a fluke play..

But you can say fluke when you sack strip the opposing QB (Romo) and return it for at TD but replacement refs blow it dead? That  is a fluke loss. We took advantage of the situation. Here's another fluke play that affected our season, Knowshon Moreno is sitting on the ground and PM throws it to him in desperation and he snags it one handed. (#rd down and would have ended a scoring drive. Ronde gets called for a bogus PI on third down that would have ended a TD drive and given them a fg, at best.   But you can say it's because we are not a playoff team. What will you say when we make the playoffs? Oh yeah, you'll say it was a fluke. That is lame, imho! As a Bucs fan, I say we are as good as any team we've played and if a few calls go our way we can win it all this year!
So because Manning, who is among the greatest ever at QB, finds an open guy that catches the ball it's a fluke?
Well if we are playing that game I guess it's a fluke we won those Panthers games, I mean no way that TD to Jackson in tight coverage at the back of the endzone was skill, 100% fluke or does that only work when it goes against us?

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #48 : December 05, 2012, 05:50:39 AM »

You forgot to mention the Mike Williams "non catch" at the end of the Giants game where he took three steps and then got hit out of bounds....and the Mike Williams "non catch" at the end of the Saints game where he was pushed out of bounds while Freeman was still in the pocket, but it wasn't PI and made his game winning TD catch void....or the other 20 bad calls that seemed to kill us this year.
Lets just forget the calls that went our way like the none call on a Freeman INT that could have easily gone for a TD during that same Saints game.
It's all swings and roundabouts, the refs giveth and they taketh away.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #49 : December 05, 2012, 08:30:42 AM »

Hmmm,
Packers 8-4 playoff team
Bears 8-4 playoff team
Pats 9-3 playoff team

My bad .... I didn't realize you were "slow" when I responded to you the first time
So because I realise that true playoff contenders take advantage of situations like the Hawks while pretenders always seem to come up short like us, I'm the slow one?
Right, because you can't grasp something simple I'm slow, gotcha.

you're right it was brilliant how Seattle got the refs to call that hail mary a TD .....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #50 : December 05, 2012, 08:44:09 AM »

If the Seahawks don't hold the Packers to 12 points off 4 FGs in that game, then the last play doesn't matter. They put themselves in a situation to win and then they won. Pretty simple Olaf.

Draft Aaron Donald

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #51 : December 05, 2012, 09:09:25 AM »

If the Seahawks don't hold the Packers to 12 points off 4 FGs in that game, then the last play doesn't matter. They put themselves in a situation to win and then they won. Pretty simple Olaf.
If the refs make the right call GB wins. Simple as that. I don't care what Seattle's defense held them to. GB got jobbed by the refs and if it was GB in our position right now fighting to get in the playoffs the outcry would still be outrageous.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #52 : December 05, 2012, 09:24:12 AM »

I thought it was the worst call ever at the time, but when I watch it now....The defender clearly catches it first and it initially looks to be a clear interception, but Golden Tate did get his arms around it before they came to the ground. Once they are on the ground they both have possession and while the defender looks to have the upper hand and is trying his hardest to jerk it out of Tates' grasp....he cannot. If it's a dual possession then the receiver gets it. That is the rule. So I'm not sure it was really a bad call.

The bad part about that play was the ridiculously blatant shove that Tate puts on a defender before the catch. No way that should have been missed....but it is what it is.

Draft Aaron Donald

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #53 : December 05, 2012, 09:30:18 AM »

I get that, but it was still a fluke that they won.    The point was the Bucs (Dallas and Falcons were the examples) have put themselves a position to win a couple of games too.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #54 : December 05, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »

Giants won two Super Bowls off fluke catches. Just part of the game.

Draft Aaron Donald

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #55 : December 05, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »

Giants won two Super Bowls off fluke catches. Just part of the game.

no freakin' crap, who said it wasn't ....... geezus

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #56 : December 05, 2012, 09:43:16 AM »

Lol. Sorry man. I was kinda eggin you on there...I totally see both sides to the argument.

Draft Aaron Donald

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #57 : December 05, 2012, 10:50:11 AM »

If the refs make the right call GB wins. Simple as that. I don't care what Seattle's defense held them to. GB got jobbed by the refs and if it was GB in our position right now fighting to get in the playoffs the outcry would still be outrageous.
OK so how about if the officials had made the right calls on the Packers go ahead drive in the 4th?
That phantom PI call that extended the drive and allowed them to go get a TD rather than having to punt, were they "jobbed" on that call too?
Why focus on the one single play that maybe cost the Pack a win when there were equally questionable calls that were to their advantage on their own scoring drive within the same quarter.
Green Bay doesn't get gifted a fresh set of downs and they are behind on the scoreboard meaning the play everybody cried about doesn't even matter in terms of who won.
As I said in a previous post, the officials giveth and they taketh away.
All the officials did was prove that sometimes 2 wrongs do make a right.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #58 : December 05, 2012, 11:00:43 AM »

sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #59 : December 05, 2012, 11:07:15 AM »

sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Yawn, are you this boring, lame and repetative in person or is it just on message boards?
Good to see you don't have an actually come back like an adult and instead act like a pre teen.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs’ Troubling Playoff Picture « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools