Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs’ Troubling Playoff Picture « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #60 : December 05, 2012, 11:15:49 AM »

If the Seahawks don't hold the Packers to 12 points off 4 FGs in that game, then the last play doesn't matter. They put themselves in a situation to win and then they won. Pretty simple Olaf.
If the refs make the right call GB wins. Simple as that. I don't care what Seattle's defense held them to. GB got jobbed by the refs and if it was GB in our position right now fighting to get in the playoffs the outcry would still be outrageous.
OK so how about if the officials had made the right calls on the Packers go ahead drive in the 4th?
That phantom PI call that extended the drive and allowed them to go get a TD rather than having to punt, were they "jobbed" on that call too?
Why focus on the one single play that maybe cost the Pack a win when there were equally questionable calls that were to their advantage on their own scoring drive within the same quarter.
Green Bay doesn't get gifted a fresh set of downs and they are behind on the scoreboard meaning the play everybody cried about doesn't even matter in terms of who won.
As I said in a previous post, the officials giveth and they taketh away.
All the officials did was prove that sometimes 2 wrongs do make a right.
Was that Hail Mary play they reviewed the right call?

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #61 : December 05, 2012, 11:23:52 AM »

I haven't read all 5 pages but going to stick my 10c worth in anyway. At the start of the season the playoffs weren't even in the picture. The fact it is even a consideration is a bonus IMO. I am just enjoying the season for what it is and think it is great that I can even think we have a chance of beating a team like Denver. We have deep flaws in our game, so even if we got to the playoffs I don't think we would last long. I know "you never know", but realistically speaking? Let's just enjoy it for what it is and see what happens.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #62 : December 05, 2012, 11:27:06 AM »

If the Seahawks don't hold the Packers to 12 points off 4 FGs in that game, then the last play doesn't matter. They put themselves in a situation to win and then they won. Pretty simple Olaf.
If the refs make the right call GB wins. Simple as that. I don't care what Seattle's defense held them to. GB got jobbed by the refs and if it was GB in our position right now fighting to get in the playoffs the outcry would still be outrageous.
OK so how about if the officials had made the right calls on the Packers go ahead drive in the 4th?
That phantom PI call that extended the drive and allowed them to go get a TD rather than having to punt, were they "jobbed" on that call too?
Why focus on the one single play that maybe cost the Pack a win when there were equally questionable calls that were to their advantage on their own scoring drive within the same quarter.
Green Bay doesn't get gifted a fresh set of downs and they are behind on the scoreboard meaning the play everybody cried about doesn't even matter in terms of who won.
As I said in a previous post, the officials giveth and they taketh away.
All the officials did was prove that sometimes 2 wrongs do make a right.
Was that Hail Mary play they reviewed the right call?
To me it's debatable, in real time (which is what they use) it's easy to see how they made the call they did and as JDouble explained a few posts back it can be seen as being the correct call.
Personally I don't know, either way it gets called there are questions.
Gun to my head and I likely say Pack should have gotten the ball but the fact remains that play didn't really cost them the game.
If they are correcting all the errors it evens out, so why is such a huge deal made out of one call and not the other.
If it wasn't one of the leagues golden teams actually having a call go against them this would have been glossed over and we'd still have replacements out there.
« : December 05, 2012, 11:28:38 AM TBTrojan »

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #63 : December 05, 2012, 12:03:03 PM »

sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Yawn, are you this boring, lame and repetative in person or is it just on message boards?
Good to see you don't have an actually come back like an adult and instead act like a pre teen.

you've been given "come backs", you're too slow to understand so this is going to go on forever ......................  winning on a  hail mary under normal circumstances is a fluke, under the Seattle/Green Bay circumstance it was a major fluke .........
« : December 05, 2012, 12:04:53 PM olafberserker »
  Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs’ Troubling Playoff Picture « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools