Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GAMEDAY THREAD: Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 48

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#645 : December 09, 2012, 04:39:37 PM

Freeman is a good QB, but doesn't have that winning edge you need to be a consistent winner in this league.  The running play he had sums it up for me...any other QB his size or even Drew Brees size would have kept running. 

This is STILL football and when you put the football in your franchise QB's hands, you think you can win every game.  I NEVER think this about Freeman.  I'd still give him another year though...he is the best QB we have ever had in Tampa by far.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#646 : December 09, 2012, 04:40:20 PM

I know out Offense stuck today and the D played for crap but my lord the Ref's did NO FAVORS to us by never calling one Holding play against the Eagles ...my god that was pathetic ...two of their QB scrambles including the 4th and 1 had major holding right at the line of play - terrible terrible officiating.  Sometimes you wonder if things are rigged to give teams better chances.
im really close to saying f the nfl like i have done with nba, bull crap fixed games, nfl got what they wanted, bucs lose cowboys win skins win, bunch of bs, bucs were winning by 10, cowboys losing by 9, skins losing by 8 in 4th qtr yet somehow miraculously all three of these games change on a dime to set up higher rated playoff matchups, of course i did not watch the other two games but im more than certain there was "questionable officiating" that played role in that, isn't home team supposed to get calls their way? yet again every borderline call against us (can't overturn incompletion? since when) bunch of bs and im becoming more convinced every week that nfl has slant on games

yes I'm sure it's all due to a NFL conspiracy, and not the fact that we're playing undrafted FAs who weren't even here in the offseason, and who shouldn't be starting on any team

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#647 : December 09, 2012, 04:40:20 PM

We know we have a talentless set of cornerbacks. We expect them to suck. I put the bulk of the blame on Josh's shoulders today. Today is just one bad game, but if this continues for the rest of the season Quarterback might be back at the top of the draftboard. I have been a Josh supporter, but it is starting to get really hard.

Freeman played like a turd for most of the game, but he still put 21 pts on the board and gave us a lead.

With an average pass defense, it would be a win. With an average pass defense, we're probably looking at the same record the Falcons are at right now.
He had a short field to work with on one series, and he was a pile of steaming crap for the bulk of the game.  It is unacceptable to lose to the pathetic eagles, and it is unacceptable to field the secondary the Bucs currently have.  Nothing was done about it, and Dom is a steaming pile of shlit for allowing this to happen.  I LOATHE Dom.

Between his crappy drafts, and his decision making in FA, I am sick of him.

Freeman, and Dom, are two turds that must go.

Hammerhead

Starter

#648 : December 09, 2012, 04:41:32 PM

Koenen's 31 yard punt was crucial, too.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#649 : December 09, 2012, 04:41:49 PM

watched worse defense including dbackfield play for 10 games last year

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

youngone

Hall of Famer

#650 : December 09, 2012, 04:42:07 PM

I know out Offense stuck today and the D played for crap but my lord the Ref's did NO FAVORS to us by never calling one Holding play against the Eagles ...my god that was pathetic ...two of their QB scrambles including the 4th and 1 had major holding right at the line of play - terrible terrible officiating.  Sometimes you wonder if things are rigged to give teams better chances.
im really close to saying f the nfl like i have done with nba, bull crap fixed games, nfl got what they wanted, bucs lose cowboys win skins win, bunch of bs, bucs were winning by 10, cowboys losing by 9, skins losing by 8 in 4th qtr yet somehow miraculously all three of these games change on a dime to set up higher rated playoff matchups, of course i did not watch the other two games but im more than certain there was "questionable officiating" that played role in that, isn't home team supposed to get calls their way? yet again every borderline call against us (can't overturn incompletion? since when) bunch of bs and im becoming more convinced every week that nfl has slant on games
I'm starting to believe that too. Our defense line got mugged on that last drive with holds and not one call?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#651 : December 09, 2012, 04:42:18 PM

his FA decisions are something you shopuld be praising him for for the most part.

We are banged up with injuries as well yknow.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucOrDie21

Rookie

#652 : December 09, 2012, 04:43:01 PM

I cant support freeman anymore. He seems like a good person but hes not the guy we need to win games.

The secondary is an obvious deficiency but with a qb who can keep the chains moving and throw accurate passes from short to medium range, we can get first downs and keep other offenses on the sideline. Even though free can throw the ball up to vjax and mike he also fails way too often at keeping the chains moving. Free isnt our guy and at this point is just a leftover from the previous regime.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#653 : December 09, 2012, 04:43:27 PM

3rd and 7, run up the gut!!!

upthegut

Practice Squad

#654 : December 09, 2012, 04:43:37 PM

i've read this board for years and seen alot of stupid posts in my time that i wanted to comment on but felt it wasn't worth it but todays game has proved without a doubt that Freeman is not as great as everyone thinks he is, he is a streaky quarterback and always will be, he is better this year because of vincent jackson who makes everyone on offense better, im not saying freeman is garbage but he will always just be above average that being said, Schiano and sullivans pathetic conservative game management has cost us and unless they grow some balls Deion Sanders will be right when he said tampas offense will never truly be scary.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#655 : December 09, 2012, 04:44:23 PM

watched worse defense including dbackfield play for 10 games last year
Did you watch them lose to a crappy Eagles team which featured a second string rookie RB, a rookie QB, a beaten down line, home field after a sell out in front of the previous Lombardi winners, in a must-win game, that surrendered over 390 yards in the air?

This game was the worst, by far.  The other teams quit, so I could have cared less about them.  This years team is being hampered by awful decision making and coaching. And a QB who sucks rocks.

kylel6901

Starter

#656 : December 09, 2012, 04:45:21 PM

I find it hard to believe that a 3 win Eagles on the road in a tough back and forth game only committed 2 penalties for 13 yards.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#657 : December 09, 2012, 04:46:26 PM

Are some of u really blaming the officials?

gone

Hall of Famer
#658 : December 09, 2012, 04:47:23 PM

My draft board for this upcoming season....

Round 1 - Cornerback
Round 2 - Cornerback
Round 3 - Cornerback
Round 4 - Cornerback
Round 5 - Cornerback
Round 6 - Cornerback
Round 7 - Cornerback
UDFA - Cornerback
UDFA - Cornerback
UDFA - Cornerback
UDFA - Cornerback
UDFA - Cornerback
UDFA - Cornerback
UDFA - Cornerback
UDFA - Cornerback
UDFA - Cornerback
UDFA - Cornerback
UDFA - Cornerback
We might as well. We have the worst corners I ever seen on a professional team. This secondary should be forced to wear ski mask and gloves when they go to pick up there  paychecks. And I'm sure Danny Gorrer would probably drop that too.

The more I watch them, the more obvious it isn't about talent.  They aren't the greatest bunch, but after the number of guys we have run through this season, at least ONE of them should have been competent.  And we've all seen teams sign guys off the street who played better over the years. This is on the staff.  Whether it's Sheridan's playcalling, Rutger's college mentality, or Cooper's coaching, it on the coaching.  Something needs fixing there.

Stratobuc

Starter
#659 : December 09, 2012, 04:48:20 PM

This should stop the playoff talk. That defense is atrocious. They can't stop anybody when they have to. As soon as we punted the ball, I knew we were through....
Page: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 48
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GAMEDAY THREAD: Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools