Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GAMEDAY THREAD: Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48

cgnumber7

Starter

#660 : December 09, 2012, 04:49:01 PM

I know out Offense stuck today and the D played for crap but my lord the Ref's did NO FAVORS to us by never calling one Holding play against the Eagles ...my god that was pathetic ...two of their QB scrambles including the 4th and 1 had major holding right at the line of play - terrible terrible officiating.  Sometimes you wonder if things are rigged to give teams better chances.
im really close to saying f the nfl like i have done with nba, bull crap fixed games, nfl got what they wanted, bucs lose cowboys win skins win, bunch of bs, bucs were winning by 10, cowboys losing by 9, skins losing by 8 in 4th qtr yet somehow miraculously all three of these games change on a dime to set up higher rated playoff matchups, of course i did not watch the other two games but im more than certain there was "questionable officiating" that played role in that, isn't home team supposed to get calls their way? yet again every borderline call against us (can't overturn incompletion? since when) bunch of bs and im becoming more convinced every week that nfl has slant on games

yes I'm sure it's all due to a NFL conspiracy, and not the fact that we're playing undrafted FAs who weren't even here in the offseason, and who shouldn't be starting on any team

which is part of my point, who do bucs have that will draw viewers, nobody, therefore lets put an unfair edge in officiating to make sure those guys dont slip into playoffs over boys or skins, there has got to be some explanation to how our dline get held blatantly yet no calls, btw romo went undrafted yet he is talented and our cbs are not? same with many cowboy players yet they are one of most talented teams in the league?  give me a break nfl is biased and always will be

CANTCME

Second String

#661 : December 09, 2012, 04:49:48 PM

3rd and 7, run up the gut!!!

Schiano must think he's still in the Big Least! with the 32nd ranked pass defense you have to put this game into your Offenses hands and let them go out and make a play

BucOrDie21

Rookie

#662 : December 09, 2012, 04:50:02 PM

I find it hard to believe that a 3 win Eagles on the road in a tough back and forth game only committed 2 penalties for 13 yards.

Maybe they did maybe they didnt. Everyone who has played or coached football knows you dont put wins and losses on the refs. You need to go out and execute and out play the other team. If the bucs scored ONE touchdown in the whole first half they win the game reguardless of what calls the refs made or didnt make. If gorer holds on to that pick the bucs win reguardless of what calls the refs made or didnt make. If schiano and sully but the ball in air on 3rd and 7 and we convert....you get the point

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#663 : December 09, 2012, 04:50:16 PM

Our secondary stinks but Schiano coaches not to lose versus coaching to win. He's not aggressive when it counts. The ATL game proved that so did today on that crucial 3rd and 7 when we last had possession. Sometimes I really wish we got Chip Kelly.
: December 09, 2012, 04:53:02 PM bucfan26

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#664 : December 09, 2012, 04:50:57 PM

And I'm not saying Freeman is the answer, but this game is not on him.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#665 : December 09, 2012, 04:51:08 PM

This game was there to win - bucs had only to be decent to win.  Couldn't do that.  Refs didn't cost the bucs this game.  The bucs cost themselves offensively and defensively

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#666 : December 09, 2012, 04:51:16 PM

Are some of u really blaming the officials?

Well they WERE awful. It was certainly a factor, as was Freeman and the o-line in the first half. But ultimately Freeman and the offense as a whole turned it around in the second half. Like the refs, their poor play in the first half was a factor, but ultimately when you have an 11 point lead and you give that up the high majority of the blame needs to go towards the people responsible for the lead slipping away. That goes directly on the secondary, obviously, but it's a bunch of practice squad scrubs for the most part. What COULD have been avoided were the 3 straight run plays on offense and the prevent defense. Those are by far the two biggest factors in the loss.

Gobucs991940

Second String
#667 : December 09, 2012, 04:51:49 PM

This should stop the playoff talk. That defense is atrocious. They can't stop anybody when they have to. As soon as we punted the ball, I knew we were through....

Our defense isn't bad. Our run defense is incredible - our LBs are so quick to diagnose screens too. We lead the NFL in negative yardage plays on defense.

The problem is the secondary. That's what it comes down to. I think Sheridan is an idiot to not play any zone, his scheme needs elite CBs to work. Not crap.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#668 : December 09, 2012, 04:52:12 PM

Did you not see the blatant holding on that last drive? Our secondary blew it but that drive was not called fairly at all.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#669 : December 09, 2012, 04:52:21 PM

Quote from: dbucfan
This game was there to win - bucs had only to be decent to win.  Couldn't do that.  Refs didn't cost the bucs this game.  The bucs cost themselves offensively and defensively
Yeah, can't put it on the referees although I do hate Ron Winter as much as I hate the Eagles and the Falcons.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#670 : December 09, 2012, 04:52:26 PM

And I'm not saying Freeman is the answer, but this game is not on him.
They score more points, this is not an issue.  It is on him.

The secondary is going to give up 300 plus through the sky.  You plan for it.  They aren't going to suddenly "stiffen uP". 

Freeman is a heaping mess of a QB, and Sheridan needs to go, as well as Ron Cooper.

My gawd...you do not reward failure.

wampuscatiam

Second String

#671 : December 09, 2012, 04:54:58 PM

So I'm sitting on the couch watching the Bucs and there is a little over three minutes left and the Bucs go to the line of scrimmage and it's first and ten with the game clock ticking down and the play clock is at about twelve seconds and I'm explaining to her  "being my girlfriend" that at this point of the game you run the play clock down to one second and then snap the ball just in case the Eagles get the ball back.  And what do the Bucs do?   They snap the ball with eight seconds left on the play clock and I shake my head and tell her that that could come back to bite them in the ars.  And I'm still shaking my head........

Just lose the rest of the games Bucs, we have a lot of holes to fill on Defense, a bunch.
: December 09, 2012, 05:41:38 PM wampuscatiam

JohnBuc06

Starter
#672 : December 09, 2012, 04:55:49 PM

I'm not blaming them ...just tired of the picking and choosing when and when NOT to call obvious penalties that YES do impact the outcome of the play and how it appears IMO heavidly slanted against the Bucs.  Two scrambles by Foles, one on 3rd down earlier and that last drive (4th and 1) there was obvious holding (grabbing jersey and pulling players down holding) right at the line of attack ...terrible no calls.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#673 : December 09, 2012, 04:56:20 PM

21-10 lead in the 4th... How is this loss on Freeman again?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#674 : December 09, 2012, 04:56:54 PM

Quote from: dbucfan
Yeah, can't put it on the referees although I do hate Ron Winter as much as I hate the Eagles and the Falcons.
Most weeks I wonder what the hubbub was about with the 'replacement' refs - the only part they weren't as good with was the organization of their conferences to get wrong outcomes. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GAMEDAY THREAD: Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools