Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GAMEDAY THREAD: Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 46 47 48

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
#705 : December 09, 2012, 06:51:55 PM

#36 is terrible.  T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E!!!!! 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#706 : December 09, 2012, 06:52:30 PM

21-10 lead in the 4th... How is this loss on Freeman again?

Did you watch the first half?
You can't blame this on Free. Did you watch the 2nd half? Refs and D/ Sheridan cost us this game. I hope we bring back Kiff next season or pay Butch big $ to stay and be the DC.
Need 2-3 CBs who should be playing on Sundays - not guys someone hopes can play on Sundays.  Add in a DE and a OT. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
#707 : December 09, 2012, 06:54:10 PM

You can't blame this on Free. Did you watch the 2nd half? Refs and D/ Sheridan cost us this game. I hope we bring back Kiff next season or pay Butch big $ to stay and be the DC.
Need 2-3 CBs who should be playing on Sundays - not guys someone hopes can play on Sundays.  Add in a DE and a OT.

Agree.  We're playing UDFAs throughout our secondary

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#708 : December 09, 2012, 07:25:01 PM

Glad you see it - hell, cutting Talib and now Wright out - those two weren't all that to begin with, now the bucs have to put their subs out there?  Can't expect much good with so much m2m called.  Now if someone wants to talk about the scheme... well some might think these guys fit better in a zone... ;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gone

Hall of Famer
#709 : December 09, 2012, 08:41:20 PM

Need to stop putting this all on the DBs and start putting it on the coaching where it belongs.  It doesn't matter WHO we throw back there they suck.  It's one of these things:
A) Sheridan -- scheme & playcalling
B) Cooper -- Technique and coaching
C) Rutgers -- College philosophy and scheme input

Somewhere in those three is the real issue.  I know we aren't working with top ten talent with these guys, but the level of play should be orders of magnitude better even if they grab some guys from the crowd at Mons.

gone

Hall of Famer
#710 : December 09, 2012, 08:43:01 PM

And they are underperforming even the lowered expectations of that. 

moose40

Hall of Famer
#711 : December 09, 2012, 08:47:34 PM

caradoc, do you think its the skill of the players or moreso the scheme. I mean how can a nfl team give up so many yards? every third quarter and fourth quarter it seems the dbs forget how to cover. are they confused with their assignments or are they just not that good?

gone

Hall of Famer
#712 : December 09, 2012, 09:06:02 PM

caradoc, do you think its the skill of the players or moreso the scheme. I mean how can a nfl team give up so many yards? every third quarter and fourth quarter it seems the dbs forget how to cover. are they confused with their assignments or are they just not that good?

I'm inclined to put this on Cooper myself.  And indirectly on Rutgers, because his "stop the run" mentality is pretty much the opposite of what you should be thinking in today's NFL.  I'm thinking it's cooper though, because a lot of this stuff reminds me of back when we turned over our position coaches when Monte was still our DC.  We fired them after one season and problems pretty much went away. 

These guys aren't the most talented bunch, I don't doubt that.  We should expect a weak secondary.  But not to this level.  JMHO.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#713 : December 09, 2012, 10:08:42 PM

21-10 in the 4th Q should have been 17-10 in first Q!!!  Couldn't even match a field goal to make it even?  Freeman lost this game in the first Q and the second.  I don't know why he cannot play from the first hike of the ball but he cannot.  He's a head case of some kind and I don't care enough to find out.  His chance is over. 

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#714 : December 09, 2012, 10:57:25 PM

Lol blaming Freeman...he wasn't very good today, but please catch a clue.

The team is up 11 pts w/5 or so minutes left...they blow it...meanwhile Freeman throws exactly zero passes during that timeframe.

You're right, it's Freeman's fault!!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#715 : December 09, 2012, 11:19:59 PM

Glad you see it - hell, cutting Talib and now Wright out - those two weren't all that to begin with, now the bucs have to put their subs out there?  Can't expect much good with so much m2m called.  Now if someone wants to talk about the scheme... well some might think these guys fit better in a zone... ;)
We can't use that excuse today.   They were playing their back up qb, back rb, back up te, and were without their #1 wr.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#716 : December 10, 2012, 08:51:36 AM

Lol blaming Freeman...he wasn't very good today, but please catch a clue.

The team is up 11 pts w/5 or so minutes left...they blow it...meanwhile Freeman throws exactly zero passes during that timeframe.

You're right, it's Freeman's fault!!!

If Freeman was "on" yesterday, that 11 pt lead should have been 7, 10, or 14 more points, had Freeman helped the team score any points in the first 30 minutes of the game. But let's not let facts get in the way, that special teams recovering the muff punt is pretty much where Freeman leading them to a 11 point lead started.... It's a team game, so yes, Freeman is as much to blame as the coaching staff, and as much as the pawltry pass defense.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#717 : December 10, 2012, 08:56:35 AM

Good job on the gameday thread this week all, time to lock this one up for the archives.
Page: 1 ... 46 47 48
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GAMEDAY THREAD: Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools