Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Proud of this years team! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SteveThePirate

Practice Squad

: December 04, 2012, 08:13:55 PM

Playoffs or no playoffs I am proud of this years team. They have fought through a lot of injuries and after losing 10 straight games last year they have battled this year.

We have Ronde to cheer for and as far as I am concerned he can play as long as he wants. A true Buccaneer.

Our offense has been exciting for once. Doug Martin has been fun to watch. Our WRs have dropped a few balls, but have been good overall. Plus you have to feel great that a good guy like Dallas Clark is having a productive year.

We no longer have to deal with Talib's drama.

We might not make the playoffs this year, but hell.....Reading this board before the season started. Most people thought there was no chance we would be anywhere near the playoffs and here we are more than halfway through the year and we are discussing playoffs. It is exciting.

So exciting that even Java goes to bed smiling. Even though he won't tell us that. By the way Java, long time reader here and big fan of yours. How you have been able to stick to your gimmick for so long is quiet admirable. Also pretty impressive that you can get people to talk about you in threads that you don't even post in. Although I pretty much never agree with anything you say, I think you are fun to have around.

I have read the boards for years and have just recently decided to start posting. Hoping the mods really stick to the taking out the garbage like they have said they will. That is one of the main reasons I decided to go ahead and start posting. I love my Buccaneers and want to chat with people about them without having to read that certain players should just die. That was pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, a little about me. Been a fan the last 16 years. Ever since I was in middle school and my coach told me to look up a guy named MIKE ALSTOTT and play the FB position like he does. After the first game I watched I was hooked. Live in Louisville, Ky. Some people may remember me from some of the gameday chats on ZippyChat as Mr. Cheeseburger or LouisvilleBuc.

Glad to be here and looking forward to being more of a poster and less of a lurker.   

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 04, 2012, 08:18:25 PM

This seems legit. Lol! You just started posting because they got rid of dissenting opinions?  Welcome to the agreefest of Candyland.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 04, 2012, 08:20:38 PM

Lol Steve the pirate!

SteveThePirate

Practice Squad

#3 : December 04, 2012, 08:28:06 PM

haha No that isn't the only reason I started posting.

I was on here once before as TeachingBuc, but I don't remember my password and don't have the email I used for that one anymore. Feel free to search for my posts :)

I am not all lollypops and candycanes, but you have to say things aren't looking too bad right now. Other than our secondary and punt returners I am pretty happy right now.

On a side note, can we please get a punt returner who can do 2 simple things. Catch the ball safely and run forward. 

SteveThePirate

Practice Squad

#4 : December 04, 2012, 08:31:06 PM

And I also wouldn't call wishing players would die a dissenting opinion. More like pathetic.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : December 04, 2012, 08:31:31 PM

Steve, welcome to posting on the boards. Agree - great turnaround by Schiano and the Bucs. I like his no-nonsense approach to coaching. I hope we have a keeper and not the future head coach in training for some other NFL team. He seems to be doing everything right.

Looking forward to this weekend's game.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 04, 2012, 08:33:40 PM

I never saw that "die" post but that is certainly over the top. 

SteveThePirate

Practice Squad

#7 : December 04, 2012, 08:36:25 PM

It was from the FireSchiano guy. Other than stuff like that I think it is great we have opinions of all kinds on here. Would be pretty boring if everyone thought everything Schiano did was awesome, and that Dom could make no mistakes, and that we had a team full of All-Stars.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 04, 2012, 09:07:31 PM

Steve, welcome to posting on the boards. Agree - great turnaround by Schiano and the Bucs. I like his no-nonsense approach to coaching. I hope we have a keeper and not the future head coach in training for some other NFL team. He seems to be doing everything right.

Looking forward to this weekend's game.

This is Schiano's dream job. He has had opportunities before while at Rutgers. 11 years there. He won't be bouncing around. He's found a home in Tampa.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 05, 2012, 06:32:58 AM

Because Tampa is the dream job in the NFL?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 05, 2012, 09:53:09 AM

It beats being a nurse.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 05, 2012, 12:03:58 PM

Because Tampa is the dream job in the NFL?

Why not? What's so bad about Tampa, other than the roaches and the heat?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 05, 2012, 01:28:50 PM

I bet if you polled all head coaches, Tampa wouldn't be in the top half of the NFL jobs they'd take. Tampa might be ahead of Jax, Buffalo, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Oakland, KC.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 05, 2012, 01:33:14 PM

Wearing a headset in Tampa > wearing sh*t covered scrubs

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 05, 2012, 01:48:35 PM

LMAO!!!

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Proud of this years team! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools