Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey MC - re: following the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: December 04, 2012, 08:34:56 PM

I heard you ask a question at the end of a recent pressor w/ Coach Schiano. I'm curious how you're being treated as a reporter who isn't with the big two newspapers. I noticed that Coach S seems to have his favorites (Rick and Ira).  How's life as a PR reporter writing about the Bucs?  Are you allocated one or two questions every conference?  Are you well received by the GM, HC, players, assistants? Just curious about that side of the business-

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 04, 2012, 08:45:52 PM

Why on earth would anyone like Ira?

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 04, 2012, 09:43:51 PM

I like Ira.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 04, 2012, 10:16:36 PM

Why on earth would anyone like Ira?

Even his Mom hates him.  Only a complete idiot would like him

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 05, 2012, 04:11:36 AM

Only a complete idiot would like him

it seems Coach S gives Ira a pass for bad questions

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 05, 2012, 09:02:07 AM

Two words: "realistic expectations."

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 05, 2012, 09:57:55 AM

Only a complete idiot would like him

it seems Coach S gives Ira a pass for bad questions

He must find Ira strangely amusing...like a court jester

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 05, 2012, 02:52:57 PM

Can't comment on the Bucs, but as a sports reporter, I can tell you that non-traditional media has been a lot more accepted lately.  Most of the times the coaches don't even really know the specifics on who you work for, but if you're professional, and become a regular there, most coaches will accept you.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 05, 2012, 06:08:45 PM

I heard you ask a question at the end of a recent pressor w/ Coach Schiano. I'm curious how you're being treated as a reporter who isn't with the big two newspapers. I noticed that Coach S seems to have his favorites (Rick and Ira).  How's life as a PR reporter writing about the Bucs?  Are you allocated one or two questions every conference?  Are you well received by the GM, HC, players, assistants? Just curious about that side of the business-

Morgan thanks for the question. There is no allocation of questions it is whoever butts in first really! I respect the guys who have doing it longer and most of the time they are asking the questions I would be. I feel, based on longevity, there should be somewhat of a pecking order. But coach doesn't play any favorites.

Ira has a good relationship with everyone, and guys he truly is a blast to be around. We all have our Ira impressions, including some of the players (Michael Koenen does a great one). The media room
 is a fun place to work for the most part and we all get along really well. I consider most of those guys good friends and although we are competing on many levels there is a common respect among the guys.

Yes I feel very respected by everyone in the organization. SR's big thing is professionalism and it does go a long way in earning the respect of the players coaches and so on. My relationship with coach Schiano is good. We aren't hanging out after practice or anything, but he treats us all fair.

Mark Dominik and I also have a good relationship (Mark calls me Cookie when we run into each other outside of a news conference, so he knows who I am!) and again, I think he sees the fact I am there everyday, therefore he respects the work we do. They occasionally don't agree with what we write but we still seem to be respected.

The players all are cool. Ronde has his guys (media) he prefers to deal with, but SR can always talk to Ronde when we need something for Pewter Report. And for the record Ronde has never turned down any question I have asked him, but SR has been there even longer than Ronde.

I have my players that I have those tight relationships with, or my go-to guys. Miller, Trueblood, Stocker, McCoy, Biggers, Black, Gaitor, Blount are the main ones but truthfully most every player is very media friendly. I can't remember being turned down this season by anyone. Now some guys are available more than others.

But overall it is a great environment this season from Dominik all the way down.

I was just thinking today on the drive home how fortunate I am. I spoke to Bo Jackson today, Hugh Culverhouse Jr. talked Gator/Noles football with Ahmad, talked fishing with Stocker, interviewed Doug Martin, Nick Foles, listened to Andy Reid on a conference call etc. I am very fortunate to be able to do this job and I try never to take it for granted. And to top it all off CBS Radio pays me to talk sports on 98.7 The Fan. I'm not getting rich but I can say I am one of those that actually loves what I do.

MC

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 05, 2012, 06:18:18 PM

Thanks MC, appreciate you taking the time to answer. Very interesting information about the job that you do so well.

Ju1ce

Starter

#10 : December 05, 2012, 06:19:57 PM

Good **CENSORED**!

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 06, 2012, 09:21:21 PM

Morgan I am going to share this on the insider board if you don't mind.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey MC - re: following the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools