Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Criticism over NY Post publishing picture of man about to get hit by a train « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« : December 04, 2012, 09:16:12 PM »

Although the headline was sensational, the photo has news value, Cooper said, because “it makes us think how we treat others and what our toleration of violence is.”

“If we live in a society where people are pushed to death in a subway over a silly argument, then I am in favor of documenting that and showing that in all the horror that it is,” he said. “Journalists do not shy away from depicting horror because there is horror.”

Some journalists took a different view on Twitter. On Tuesday, the Poynter Institute published a post that provided a roundup of comments from journalists.

“Sickening rubber-necking front page from the New York Post. Imagine how this man's family feels,” Ian Prior, sports editor at the Guardian newspaper in London, tweeted.

“that NY Post cover doesn't seem necessary at all...” Charlie Warzel, a digital media reporter for Adweek magazine, tweeted.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-ny-post-cover-train-death-20121204,0,2844391.story

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 05, 2012, 12:47:19 AM »

The guy who actually took the time to take that photo rather than run over and try to help the guy should be arrested for being an accomplice to murder.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 05, 2012, 12:06:01 PM »

Yankee rubber necking BS*.
« : December 06, 2012, 11:12:43 AM 3rd String Kicker »

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 06, 2012, 10:53:50 AM »

Yankee rubber necking B.S*.

Yankee?   Is that the word you use for Asian people?   That was an Asian man.
« : December 06, 2012, 11:12:26 AM 3rd String Kicker »

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #4 : December 06, 2012, 11:11:59 AM »

Quote from: JavaRay
Yankee is traditionally a term reserved for people who reside in New York/New Jersey area although I've seen it referenced for people just in the Northern states. Also, in some countries, anyone from the United States of America are referred to as Yankees as slang. The gentlemen in this picture was from Queens, N.Y. according to the article.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #5 : December 06, 2012, 11:15:11 AM »

Yankee = what an Asian dude looks like to trippy after two bones and two bricks.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #6 : December 06, 2012, 11:26:41 AM »

The guy who actually took the time to take that photo rather than run over and try to help the guy should be arrested for being an accomplice to murder.
That is some seriously messed up stuff. If he was truly trying to go over there I wouldn't expect to see perfectly focused, dead center photos. Truly sad day. FWIW, R. Umar Abbasi (Photographer)

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 07, 2012, 02:57:44 AM »

FWIW, R. Umar Abbasi (Photographer)

Accessory to murder in my opinion.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 07, 2012, 07:07:00 AM »

Yankee is traditionally a term reserved for people who reside in New York/New Jersey area although I've seen it referenced for people just in the Northern states. Also, in some countries, anyone from the United States of America are referred to as Yankees as slang. The gentlemen in this picture was from Queens, N.Y. according to the article.

Uh huh.   Here's the "yankee" who pushed the guy into the railway tracks (the yankee wearing the hoodie, Naeem Davis).

Here's a picture of the yankee he pushed and his yankee family.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 07, 2012, 07:28:45 AM »

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 07, 2012, 11:44:09 AM »

So Yankees are only white people? Stop trolling Java.

Yankee doodle dandy video? No one is going to watch that. Clear SPAM

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 07, 2012, 11:47:21 AM »

Yankee = what an Asian dude looks like to trippy after two bones and two bricks.

Anyone from up North is a Yankee to people down here

Period.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #12 : December 07, 2012, 04:21:39 PM »

Anyone from up North is a Yankee to people down here

Period.

That's an ignorant statement.    A person born and raised in Korea for the first 33 years of his life is not a "yankee".   How about someone who is born in Alabama, lives there 50 years, then moves to New York for for 6 months, is he a yankee?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #13 : December 07, 2012, 04:24:14 PM »

Yankee doodle dandy video? No one is going to watch that.

It already has over 110,000 views.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #14 : December 10, 2012, 07:37:45 PM »

How about someone who is born in Alabama, lives there 50 years, then moves to New York for for 6 months, is he a yankee?

Yup

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Criticism over NY Post publishing picture of man about to get hit by a train « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools