Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiffin, Keyshawn added to Bucs' Super Bowl reunion « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: December 05, 2012, 12:14:13 AM

Kiffin, Keyshawn added to Bucs' Super Bowl reunion

2003, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Monte Kiffin, center, meets with John Lynch, Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks (55) while practicing for the Super Bowl in San Diego.

By TBO.com
 Published: December 04, 2012

TAMPA --

Monte Kiffin and Keyshawn Johnson have joined the list of more than 50 former coaches and players planning to attend Sunday's Tampa Bay Buccaneers' reunion of the 2002 Super Bowl championship team.

Kiffin, who resigned as Southern California's defensive coordinator last week, is noted as the architect of the Bucs' famed "Tampa 2" scheme. He and his wife, Robin, still own a residence in Pinellas County.

Johnson, a wide receiver who now works for ESPN, was not on the original list of alumni but was later able to arrange with his bosses to make the trip.

They will join former head coach Jon Gruden and most of the players from the 2002 team during a ceremony at halftime of Bucs game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

According to the team, players expected to attend include Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Derrick Brooks, Mike Alstott, Brad Johnson, Simeon Rice, Martin Grammatica, Keenan McCardell, Joe Jurevicius, Michael Pittman, Brian Kelly, Shelton Quarles and Dexter Jackson.

Johnson, an outspoken and at times controversial figure during his tenure in Tampa (2000-03), told WHFS-FM radio Monday that he expects to be booed when his name is announced to the crowd at Raymond James Stadium.

Tampa Bay defeated the Oakland Raiders, 48-21, in Super Bowl XXXVII on Jan. 26, 2003.

The Bucs are billing Sunday's game as a "rematch" of that season's NFC Championship Game victory over the Eagles.

gone

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 05, 2012, 12:25:34 AM

"Johnson, an outspoken and at times controversial figure during his tenure in Tampa (2000-03), told WHFS-FM radio Monday that he expects to be booed when his name is announced to the crowd at Raymond James Stadium."

Here's to hoping Key has his expectations met....

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : December 05, 2012, 12:36:53 AM

"Johnson, an outspoken and at times controversial figure during his tenure in Tampa (2000-03), told WHFS-FM radio Monday that he expects to be booed when his name is announced to the crowd at Raymond James Stadium."

He shouldn't even be allowed to come.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 05, 2012, 01:15:58 AM

He shouldn't even be allowed to come.

You making sense is disturbing.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#4 : December 05, 2012, 05:44:42 AM

HAHAHAHA.....BW, that was golden.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

JM2

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 05, 2012, 08:33:15 AM

Whatever you may think of Key personally, he was an integral part in the Bucs superbowl run. Why would anyone want to see anyone from that team booed?

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

magicbuc

Second String
#6 : December 05, 2012, 08:44:44 AM

Whatever you may think of Key personally, he was an integral part in the Bucs superbowl run. Why would anyone want to see anyone from that team booed?

Finally a half-time worth watching!!! 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 05, 2012, 08:57:36 AM

Agree 100%

csidedave

Second String
#8 : December 05, 2012, 09:05:14 AM

If this were a reunion of the 2003 team I would definitely boo him.  But it's a 2002 Super Bowl Reunion and he will get my cheers.  He played a big roll. 

Nobody should be booed on Sunday except the Eagles.

rob

Rookie
#9 : December 05, 2012, 09:26:45 AM

I think it would be great if he was welcomed with silence.

To me, indifference is much more insulting than dislike, especially with someone with an ego like his.

csidedave

Second String
#10 : December 05, 2012, 09:43:44 AM

Silence is a very logical approach too.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 05, 2012, 10:37:34 AM

Agree 100%

Agree. Also I think Key and Gru never saw eye to eye from the start. They were bound to split at some point. Glad it was the year after.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 05, 2012, 11:14:51 AM

Exactly. The attention the Key commanded allowed McCardell and JJ to do what they did.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 05, 2012, 12:11:32 PM

I'll still boo Meshawn

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

El Diablo

Starter

#14 : December 05, 2012, 12:19:03 PM

No way we should boo him that's crazy talk. He derserves his props.  I actually had a conversation with him once and was a really nice. I asked him how he holds his head up with the gigantic diamond he had in his ears.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiffin, Keyshawn added to Bucs' Super Bowl reunion « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools