Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiffin, Keyshawn added to Bucs' Super Bowl reunion « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 05, 2012, 12:28:41 PM

Joey Galloway -- that guy we were forced to work with after we had to trade Keyshawn because he was that much of a knucklhead... That guy is worth cheering for..

Meshawn is arrogant piece of crap his entire career despite how talented he was an his contributions during our super bowl season.

Im booing him

This guy...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 05, 2012, 12:36:59 PM

Joey Galloway -- that guy we were forced to work with after we had to trade Keyshawn because he was that much of a knucklhead... That guy is worth cheering for..

Meshawn is arrogant piece of crap his entire career despite how talented he was an his contributions during our super bowl season.

Im booing him

So....you'll be in attendance?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#17 : December 05, 2012, 12:37:18 PM

Whoever boos Keyshawn on Sunday should be slapped. He may be an a-hole, but we wouldn't have won without him.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 05, 2012, 12:40:42 PM

Im booing him

So....you'll be in attendance?

Hopefully. Gotta make sure my girl in Tampa needs some D before I make the trip. LOL

This guy...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 05, 2012, 12:40:54 PM

Im booing him

Well then you should be happy then. Key helped with the super bowl and we traded him for a much likable and probably better player in Galloway. No complaint here. Seemed like it all worked out. Key even got to go play for the coach he loved. Worked out for everybody.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 05, 2012, 12:43:50 PM

Everyone on that team played a role in one of the happiest days of THIS Buc fan's life. I could never booo any of them.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 05, 2012, 12:45:15 PM

Everyone on that team played a role in one of the happiest days of THIS Buc fan's life. I could never booo any of them.

In the moment, ill probably be too gleeful to boo any of them.. But like I mentioned. Tripblood is no Keyshawn fan, anymore

This guy...

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 05, 2012, 12:48:09 PM

"No guy in this room feels any pressure, you apply it"

This guy...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 05, 2012, 12:55:01 PM

In the moment, ill probably be too gleeful to boo any of them.. But like I mentioned. Tripblood is no Keyshawn fan, anymore

I'm no rah rah guy for Gruden, but when his name is called, he'll get my applause. After all, 2002 is what we're celebrating.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 05, 2012, 12:56:38 PM

I'm no rah rah guy for Gruden, but when his name is called, he'll get my applause. After all, 2002 is what we're celebrating.

There is a slight difference in circumstances with those guys. He was ultimately a team cancer the FOLLOWING year. That was another super bowl team, that scratched and clawed to 7-9... We were better than that.

This guy...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 05, 2012, 12:57:18 PM

This was posted on the WTB page, figured it worth sharing:

from Sapp Attack~

In preparation for [the 2002 NFC Championship Game] Jon Gruden gave the single best motivational speech I've ever heard. In reality, most coaches' speeches aren't like in the movies, where the coach builds up and up the momentum until the team charges hell-bent onto the field ready to rip down the entire stadium. If a coach does give that type of speech it's usually Saturday night. The Sunday speech is the matter-of-fact review of what we need to do to win the game. All business. Gruden gave this speech at the beginning of the week. He stood up in front of us and explained that there were 10 things we needed to do to beat the Eagles. Ten Things! He went down the list one by one, blah blah blah, blah blah blah, we'd heard it all. But then he got to the number one thing we needed to do, and he started talking about their kick returner Brian Mitchell. "I want Brian Mitchell's ass on a plate," he said. "And once we finish with the Philadelphia Eagles we are going to go to San Diego for the Super Bowl..." he paused, grinned and concluded, "Where the coach is gonna get two hotel rooms for all my bltches!"

The room erupted. Exploded. That was it, that was the greatest motivational speech ever. There isn't even a second place. "The coach is gonna get two hotel rooms for all my bltches!"

I said to Gruden, "Yes, you are one sick f*ck! Let's go get this done."
: December 05, 2012, 12:59:07 PM Hate

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 05, 2012, 12:59:00 PM

LOVE IT!!!!! ^^

This guy...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 05, 2012, 01:13:04 PM

Thats great. I really did like Gruden but he really didnt help himself in the years post super bowl. I dont think he did his best job those years. Part of it was on the GM and Glazers not getting better players but Gruden had a hand with all of that too. Draft good players and then you will get the other piece with the money saved from that. Seems to be the way its gone. He just could never develop guys and it really hurt him long run.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 05, 2012, 08:05:03 PM

I guess I am in the minority here, I don't have a problem with Key.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 05, 2012, 08:28:06 PM

This is a celebration of the 2002 team, not the teams that followed. As others noted, Keyshawn was in fact a key part of the team's success, so deserves to be celebrated along with all other members.
     I've always thought the whole "Me-Shawn" BS had little actual substance; just a bunch of media hype based on Keyshawn's time in NY on a bad team where he was the only guy who could regularily make plays. His "get me the d... ball" comment was based more on his wanting to win and knowing he was the only guy on offense who could produce, than on his alleged "selfishness".
     Hey, as many here know I am NOT a fan of Winslow the younger, but if he'd been on that 2002 team, I'd still, very grudgingly, celebrate the team's success ;D 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiffin, Keyshawn added to Bucs' Super Bowl reunion « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools