Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiffin, Keyshawn added to Bucs' Super Bowl reunion « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 05, 2012, 08:29:13 PM

This is a celebration of the 2002 team, not the teams that followed. As others noted, Keyshawn was in fact a key part of the team's success, so deserves to be celebrated along with all other members.
     I've always thought the whole "Me-Shawn" BS had little actual substance; just a bunch of media hype based on Keyshawn's time in NY on a bad team where he was the only guy who could regularily make plays. His "get me the d... ball" comment was based more on his wanting to win and knowing he was the only guy on offense who could produce, than on his alleged "selfishness".
     Hey, as many here know I am NOT a fan of Winslow the younger, but if he'd been on that 2002 team, I'd still, very grudgingly, celebrate the team's success ;D

^^ that ^^

-------------------------------------------------------

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : December 05, 2012, 10:53:49 PM

I've always thought the whole "Me-Shawn" BS had little actual substance; just a bunch of media hype based on Keyshawn's time in NY on a bad team where he was the only guy who could regularily make plays. His "get me the d... ball" comment was based more on his wanting to win and knowing he was the only guy on offense who could produce, than on his alleged "selfishness".

BS.   He was a selfish prick and far from a team player.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 05, 2012, 11:01:43 PM

Lynch will become part of it now that he's on the FOX broadcast right?

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 06, 2012, 01:36:28 AM

This was posted on the WTB page, figured it worth sharing:

from Sapp Attack~

In preparation for [the 2002 NFC Championship Game] Jon Gruden gave the single best motivational speech I've ever heard. In reality, most coaches' speeches aren't like in the movies, where the coach builds up and up the momentum until the team charges hell-bent onto the field ready to rip down the entire stadium. If a coach does give that type of speech it's usually Saturday night. The Sunday speech is the matter-of-fact review of what we need to do to win the game. All business. Gruden gave this speech at the beginning of the week. He stood up in front of us and explained that there were 10 things we needed to do to beat the Eagles. Ten Things! He went down the list one by one, blah blah blah, blah blah blah, we'd heard it all. But then he got to the number one thing we needed to do, and he started talking about their kick returner Brian Mitchell. "I want Brian Mitchell's ass on a plate," he said. "And once we finish with the Philadelphia Eagles we are going to go to San Diego for the Super Bowl..." he paused, grinned and concluded, "Where the coach is gonna get two hotel rooms for all my bltches!"

The room erupted. Exploded. That was it, that was the greatest motivational speech ever. There isn't even a second place. "The coach is gonna get two hotel rooms for all my bltches!"

I said to Gruden, "Yes, you are one sick f*ck! Let's go get this done."

Lmao brilliant

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 07, 2012, 12:14:46 PM

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 07, 2012, 12:21:56 PM

When its said and done, its just football but they accomplished something great together. Im glad Keyshawn wised up and decided to go to this. Its bigger than their personal differences.
: December 07, 2012, 12:23:41 PM BucBalla85

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 07, 2012, 12:31:07 PM

Saw an interview with Gruden on the 6PM sports, where he said he was looking forward to seeing Keyshawn.
    There have been many, many, many coach vs player issues over the years, but remembering their championships will clear the stale air every time... I remember Vince Lombardi not wanting to give his best RB, FB Jimmy Taylor, a big contract and Jimmy being very po-ed for years.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 07, 2012, 01:15:51 PM

Saw an interview with Gruden on the 6PM sports, where he said he was looking forward to seeing Keyshawn.
    There have been many, many, many coach vs player issues over the years, but remembering their championships will clear the stale air every time... I remember Vince Lombardi not wanting to give his best RB, FB Jimmy Taylor, a big contract and Jimmy being very po-ed for years.

Yea I think they will set aside any personal difference they HAD for this great celebration. What they did was GREAT! Its the top of your profession. They need to celebrate and enjoy this together. Regardless of the personal stuff. 

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 07, 2012, 05:42:52 PM

Have not seen McKay's name on the guest list. Anybody know if he'll be there?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 08, 2012, 06:02:41 PM

I remember Vince Lombardi not wanting to give his best RB, FB Jimmy Taylor, a big contract and Jimmy being very po-ed for years.

Jimmy Taylor deserved a big contract more than Keyshawn did.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 08, 2012, 06:14:45 PM

This is a celebration of the 2002 team, not the teams that followed. As others noted, Keyshawn was in fact a key part of the team's success, so deserves to be celebrated along with all other members.
     Hey, as many here know I am NOT a fan of Winslow the younger, but if he'd been on that 2002 team, I'd still, very grudgingly, celebrate the team's success ;D

^^ that ^^
The forgiveness for the SB season - iffy.  The Me-Shawn is absolutely accurate imvho.  As to him being the only one that could make plays - that wasn't true with the Jets with Parcells, nor with the Bucs and Gruden.  Simply not accurate.  He had value to each team & Coach - and both teams and Coaches let him go be someone else's problem.  Too bad the bucs wouldn't find someone dumb enough to give them 2 first round picks. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gone

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 08, 2012, 08:35:30 PM

^^ that ^^

^^ Not That ^^

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 08, 2012, 08:52:36 PM

you're entitled

-------------------------------------------------------

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 08, 2012, 09:02:21 PM

what's the thing Sapp always says about Keyshawn complaining that he dropped a pass because the ball was spinning the wrong way . .

m_j

Starter

#44 : December 09, 2012, 06:01:50 AM

I wonder if old guy is in any condition possible to make an public appearance after all these years, somewhere behind the glas at least
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiffin, Keyshawn added to Bucs' Super Bowl reunion « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools