Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs tryout former Hurricane LB. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: December 05, 2012, 12:18:32 AM

Tampa Bay Buccaneers tried out Spencer Adkins today, per a league source.

From Wiki...

Signed with agent Ken Sarnoff. Adkins was selected by the Falcons in the 6th round of 2009 NFL Draft.[4][5] and signed on June 24. However, his contract was disapproved by the NFL because of "language oversight" relating to team incentives and individual "not likely to be earned" incentives. Adkins was one of the five previous defensive selections in the 2009 Draft by the Falcons and was the first linebacker taken by the team. Adkins boosted his stock by a solid performance at Miami's Pro Day: he ran 40 yards in 4.43 seconds, broad jumped 10-2, vertical jumped 361⁄2 inches and bench pressed 225 pounds a total of 30 times.

Jaguars cut Clint Session from PUP with a designation of failure to disclose physical condition, also cut Maurice Stovall
: December 05, 2012, 12:31:37 AM michael89156

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 05, 2012, 07:12:51 AM

Wish we'd try out a CB....like Donnie Fletcher or Kendric Burney.

Super Selmon

Starter
#2 : December 05, 2012, 08:33:36 AM

Wish we'd try out a CB....like Donnie Fletcher or Kendric Burney.

Fletcher is still available but the Kitties just signed Burney to their practice squad.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 05, 2012, 08:38:39 AM

Cut Myron Lewis and sign Burney to the active roster.

Super Selmon

Starter
#4 : December 05, 2012, 09:09:47 AM

There has to be a reason Myron is still on the team. Problem is NO ONE knows why outside of our coaching staff. Certainly a question I would love our media to directly ask coach at his next Press Conference. I mean how can a third year player have 8 total tackles, no passes defended and no interceptions and be outplayed by off the  street free agents?  But hey he is still on the roster and collects like $775,000 for 2012.

Inquiring minds would love to know.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 05, 2012, 09:14:04 AM

There has to be a reason Myron is still on the team. Problem is NO ONE knows why outside of our coaching staff. Certainly a question I would love our media to directly ask coach at his next Press Conference. I mean how can a third year player have 8 total tackles, no passes defended and no interceptions and be outplayed by off the  street free agents?  But hey he is still on the roster and collects like $775,000 for 2012.

great post, and i appreciate it not being filled with hatred.

maybe this late in the season the coaches feel the need to at least have a backup with knowledge of the system?  doesnt explain it all though.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 05, 2012, 09:14:34 AM

I believe PR said recently that he was almost certainly going to be cut to make room for Gaitor....but then LeQuan Lewis got hurt which saved him once again.

Ms Elam

Starter

#7 : December 05, 2012, 09:55:37 AM

I believe PR said recently that he was almost certainly going to be cut to make room for Gaitor....but then LeQuan Lewis got hurt which saved him once again.
Lucky guy. He should still be cut though. By my count 4 guys have come in off the street and leap frogged him this season. And all of them are either young or undrafted players  so you can throw out the excuse that he's a young developing players because so is everyone in front of him.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 05, 2012, 10:20:40 AM

The guy has 9 lives. What are the odds he's on the team next year?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 05, 2012, 06:40:49 PM

hes got to have pictures of Dom with farm animals or something. dude has 9 lives

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 05, 2012, 06:55:09 PM

The only thing that I can think of is that they consider him to be a rookie, and that anything he did previous to the new regime wouldn't count, kind of how they were going to treat Freeman this year before he just outplayed expectations.

I don't see him lasting much longer though. He got badly burned, in the red zone, by a TE. I don't think even Tim Wansley was that bad.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 05, 2012, 07:04:18 PM

Why not play him at this point ?? It's impossible to drop below 32 in pass defense. Give him one last shot.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#12 : December 06, 2012, 12:08:58 AM

Why not play him at this point ?? It's impossible to drop below 32 in pass defense. Give him one last shot.

But it is still possible to lose games because of him.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 06, 2012, 07:29:28 AM

But it is still possible to lose games because of him.

Nah....I don't believe he can possibly play worse than our current corners have....it's may literally be impossible.  I say plug him in. What the hell ?. They must like the pontential or else he'd be long gone , these other guys don't even have potential.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 06, 2012, 07:55:26 AM

I disagree. Biggers has been playing really good for the least few weeks, Johnson has issues but has done more in 3 games than Lewis has in 3 years, and Gaitor has looked very impressive in the little bit of playing time he has had. I wouldn't take any of those three guys off the field for Myron "PI" Lewis.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs tryout former Hurricane LB. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools