Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don’t Expect A Blackout Sunday « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : December 05, 2012, 05:10:33 AM »

Count on the Bucs-Eagles game being televised locally Sunday.

The game should mark the second time fans in the Tampa and Orlando markets will get to see a 2012 Bucs home game live on television without connecting computers to their TVs for unlawful game feeds loaded with European cyber-viruses.

Unless the Bucs have been having ongoing major issues with TicketMaster (and there’s no reason to think they are) the Bucs are approaching a sell out of Sunday’s game right now. And that would mean the Bucs comfortably would break the 85 percent threshold of “non-premium” tickets sold to avoid the NFL blacking out the game from local TV.

According to TicketMaster.com, only one section at Raymond James Stadium has anything better than “only single seats available,” and numerous sections are sold out.

There are three major factors at play: the 10-year reunion ceremony of the 2002 Super Bowl champs, a preseason fan poll on Buccaneers.com showed this game to be the most anticipated by Bucs fans, and too many stinkin’ Eagles fans have gobbled up tickets.

Lesser variables would include the Bucs’ playoff hunt and extra millions of sports entertainment dollars in the Tampa Bay market thanks to the ongoing NHL lockout.

Joe’s happy for Bucs fans, and pleased that the Super Bowl champs will get their just applause, minus Keyshawn Johnson.http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=79283

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 05, 2012, 07:33:16 AM »

The game last week was nearly sold out also and they still blacked it out....I wouldn't take anything for granted at this point .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VTBucs

Second String
« #2 : December 05, 2012, 09:33:02 AM »

I'll be flying into Tampa for the game this weekend. Super Excited!

Madman

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 05, 2012, 10:43:44 AM »

It'll be on TV locally.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #4 : December 05, 2012, 10:55:50 AM »

Man oh man I wish I could afford to make the trip down. I'd be there proudly sporting my Jurevicius jersey!

If this were blacked out I would be big pissed.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #5 : December 05, 2012, 11:57:43 AM »

A friend of mine from Bethleham PA. is flying down for the game with a group. He has relatives in Clearwater plus a group from up here. $65 seats at midfield plus round trip air fare less than $300. I really don't want them celebrating on the trip home. The fleagles are a prime example of a team better than their record shows. I REALLY want the Bucs to win this one.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
« #6 : December 05, 2012, 02:48:20 PM »

The game last week was nearly sold out also and they still blacked it out....I wouldn't take anything for granted at this point .

It wasn't nearly sold out.  Stop saying ridiculous things.

That being said, I hope it's not blacked out.  If just for the 10-year ceremony, the stands should be packed.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 05, 2012, 04:47:06 PM »

So those were mannequins in all the seats ??

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #8 : December 05, 2012, 04:49:01 PM »

So those were mannequins in all the seats ??

It wasn't nearly sold out by the blackout deadline.

-------------------------------------------------------

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : December 05, 2012, 04:50:40 PM »

54,400 is about 10,000 short of a sellout.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 05, 2012, 04:57:55 PM »

All I know is there were empty seats everywhere when I went to the Saints game , and the blackout was lifted  , and the Falcons games looked almost completely full and it was blacked out.

Go figure.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #11 : December 05, 2012, 05:02:30 PM »

sounds like a great walk up crowd to me!!

I would also offer that a lot if Falcon fans were in red jerseys.... which would allow them to blend right in.
« : December 05, 2012, 05:04:38 PM Hate »

-------------------------------------------------------

TheAman

Hall of Famer
« #12 : December 05, 2012, 10:41:15 PM »

There were more tickets sold for New Orleans than Atlanta.  58K vs 54K.  Doesn't matter what it looks like.

And it looks like based on ticket sales right now, the game will be the biggest crowd of the season
« : December 05, 2012, 10:53:23 PM TheAman »

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #13 : December 06, 2012, 10:45:18 AM »

I expect this game to not be blacked out.   No game where Gruden was on the field for a Bucs game has ever been blacked out.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #14 : December 06, 2012, 10:47:57 AM »

Quote from: JavaRay
No game where Gruden was on the field for a Bucs game has ever been blacked out.

That is an interesting statistic if true lol.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don’t Expect A Blackout Sunday « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools