Boards > The Red Board

Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now?

<< < (122/122)

TheAman:
The top half of the league is not something to crow about.  There's about 20 QBs you'd be comfortable starting an NFL game for your team, including guys like Rivers who may be on his way out.  If he's 15-16th of those, that means he's simply an average starting QB, and just above guys you'd be shipping out in a heartbeat.

BucDaFackUp:
RGS...you resort to quoting stats as if they are the be-all and end-all of QB evaluation. Numbers can be deceptive when you have great athletes around you to hide deficiencies but now Joshy is being exposed as an inconsistent/mostly inaccurate spoiled brat. When Schiano came in talking about TBA, you would've thought their leader on offence would exemplify that "A".....when his passes are far off the mark, he behaves like another type of "A"......I'm tired of his act now - 4 years is more than enough time to practice and study yourself into being a consistent bright spot for the team....and he is not...so just like when a corporation under-performs and misses projected profits, off with the head!

Biggs3535:

--- Quote from: Feel Real Good on December 17, 2012, 04:34:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: RogerGoodellSucks on December 17, 2012, 04:30:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: TheAman on December 17, 2012, 04:15:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: RogerGoodellSucks on December 17, 2012, 04:01:56 PM ---
When I looked yesterday, he was top 10 in Passer rating, YPA and least INT's thrown, but I guess they updated the stats after yesterday. Either way, he is still in the top half of the league. The point is, he isn't the main problem here.

--- End quote ---

16th in passer rating, below the likes of Philip Rivers and Cam Newton.  12th in YPA, which isn't bad, but also his best stat.  And not anywhere close to top 10 of interceptions thrown.  And he may not be the main problem here.  But he is a problem.

--- End quote ---
Dude, he's not going to be top 10 in every stat.

Eli Manning has a worse QB ranking than Freeman.

Brees leads the league in INT's.

Rivers is in the bottom 10 for YPA.

The only QB's who are in the top 10 for all those stats are Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Ryan. And where the hell do you think we're going to find a QB like that?

--- End quote ---
The last two games really screwed him. Prior to that he was top 5 in YPA and top 10 in QBR.

--- End quote ---

The real problem with the last two game is he didn't just look "bad".  He looked like a clueless rookie playing against the '99 Buc defense.

He's going nowhere, but that is very concerning for non-excuse-making Buccaneer fans.

GameTime:

--- Quote from: RogerGoodellSucks on December 17, 2012, 07:28:22 PM ---I'm not expecting the secondary to lead the way, but just because our secondary sucks, doesn't mean we should blame Freeman because he isn't doing enough to make up for the **CENSORED**ty play of the defense.

And how exactly is Freeman doing the absolute minimum for us? Even with that awful game yesterday, all his numbers rank in the top half of the league and our offense is top 10 in points per game.

--- End quote ---

freeman led us to 2 scores against a porous eagles D.  thats the absolute minimum.  i wont even get into getting shutout by the atrocious saints D.  they are 27th in scoring - after shutting us out!  our offense has been held scoreless in 7 of the last 8 qtrs.

The Anti-Java:
After watching Tebow tonight,  there still may be hope  for Freeman.

Boid Fink:
Gawd Tim Tebow suuuuuuuuuuuucks.  If the BUcs get Tebow, they deserve to lose. 

The Anti-Java:

--- Quote from: Boid Fink on December 17, 2012, 09:40:09 PM ---Gawd Tim Tebow suuuuuuuuuuuucks.  If the BUcs get Tebow, they deserve to lose.

--- End quote ---

LOL

He even had Gruden scratching his head sayin.....WTF?

chace1986:

--- Quote from: Boid Fink on December 17, 2012, 09:40:09 PM ---Gawd Tim Tebow suuuuuuuuuuuucks.  If the BUcs get Tebow, they deserve to lose.

--- End quote ---

Hate:

--- Quote from: RogerGoodellSucks on December 17, 2012, 06:54:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: GameTime on December 17, 2012, 06:33:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: RogerGoodellSucks on December 17, 2012, 06:19:01 PM ---I don't know everyone is expecting Freeman to lead us to the playoffs when our pass defense can't even stop Nick Foles from throwing over 350 yards against us. The guy isn't an elite QB and we aren't going to be able to get an elite QB. There just aren't many out there.

--- End quote ---

no one would be talking about foles if the Bucs offense could have scored before the 4th Qtr.

--- End quote ---

No one wold be talking about that game if the defense didn't let Foles drive down the field 70 yards and score a TD on that last drive.

--- End quote ---

I would because i judge him by his entire body of work, not just wins and losses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version