Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 82

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#645 : December 10, 2012, 04:31:13 PM

Blind Freeman Supporter=Realist?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#646 : December 10, 2012, 04:35:47 PM

Stats mean nothing if he can't do what it takes for this team to win games.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#647 : December 10, 2012, 04:36:54 PM

Freeman has shown enough flash , and put up solid enough numbers , that you couldn't safely get rid of him without fear of looking extremely stupid down the road.

He's our guy , for better or for worse. Might as well lock him in. The thought of starting over from scratch with an unknown rookie makes me sick to my stomach.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#648 : December 10, 2012, 04:39:30 PM

He had the team up two scores with 7 minutes left in the fourth quarter.

He certainly could have done more but we were in a position to win yesterday until the powder puff secondary got trotted out onto the field.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#649 : December 10, 2012, 04:40:39 PM

Freeman has shown enough flash , and put up solid enough numbers , that you couldn't safely get rid of him without fear of looking extremely stupid down the road.

He's our guy , for better or for worse. Might as well lock him in. The thought of starting over from scratch with an unknown rookie makes me sick to my stomach.

How sick to your stomach would you be with Andrew Luck, RG3 or Russell Wilson starting at QB for the Bucs as rookies this year?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#650 : December 10, 2012, 04:41:07 PM

There's no doubt Cutler is better than Freeman.    He gets hotter women too.

The only thing Freeman can do better than Cutler is that when he stands next to Cutler, he is a few inches taller. That's it. Everything else, advantage Cutler.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#651 : December 10, 2012, 04:41:31 PM

The thought of starting over from scratch with an unknown rookie makes me sick to my stomach.

I don't know. I like our chances.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#652 : December 10, 2012, 04:42:15 PM

There's no doubt Cutler is better than Freeman.    He gets hotter women too.

The only thing Freeman can do better than Cutler is that when he stands next to Cutler, he is a few inches taller. That's it. Everything else, advantage Cutler.
Cutler is certainly a lot better at throwing INT's.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#653 : December 10, 2012, 04:46:53 PM

The thought of starting over from scratch with an unknown rookie makes me sick to my stomach.

I don't know. I like our chances.

Fo sho!

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#654 : December 10, 2012, 04:48:26 PM

How sick to your stomach would you be with Andrew Luck, RG3 or Russell Wilson starting at QB for the Bucs as rookies this year?
So we're gonna get the top pick with prospects like Luck or RG3? No thanks to wilson.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#655 : December 10, 2012, 04:49:29 PM

With the exception of Tebow, that QB class is being described by some, including Mike Mayock, as the greatest QB class in NFL history.

Generally you're looking at a 50% bust rate.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#656 : December 10, 2012, 04:52:27 PM

Greatest in history was 1983

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#657 : December 10, 2012, 04:52:40 PM

We never suck quite bad enough to get the Luck and RGIII's of the world , and I wouldn't feel condfident with a 5'10 Russel Wilson . He's played well so far , but eventually his lack of height is going to be exposed , IMO. There's a reason you don't see any QB's that short in this league , and it's not coincidence. It's hard to see over and get the ball through all those giants.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#658 : December 10, 2012, 04:53:47 PM

I really can't argue one way or the other. I see both sides and I can't blame anyone for feeling either way.

On one hand you have a guy that shines at times. He's shown a tenancy for being clutch when given the chance, he puts up impressive stats, he has done great things and won us many games. He's very young and has had several years of poor coaching and little talent, so you have to assume he'll get better as time goes on. Plus, the idea of starting over on the endless QB carousel is sickening. Josh is a well mannered smart kid with a good work ethic and you want to like him. You want him to be great.

On the other hand, you have this guy that appears to lack the firey leadership you'd like to see from a franchise QB. A guy that plays like vintage Ben Rothleisberger half the time and Rob Johnson the other half. He appears to progress and be really good and then in explicitly he'll drop off and regress and be down right horrible. You take into account that half the great catches this year were just that, great catches but not great throws....and you start to wonder. It's so mysterious. This kid was lights out in 2010 but he hasn't been the same since. He trimmed down but now he doesn't run. His accuracy is just awful much of the time. The worst part is, he is so constantly inconstant that it's impossible to trust him or fully support him. Even fans like myself that want to love him, have a really hard time being patient.

Will he ever be great? Should we give him an extension? Should we draft some real competition? I won't pretend to know the answers to these questions, but I fully understand the frustration and disappointment everyone on both sides of the argument are experiencing.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#659 : December 10, 2012, 04:53:55 PM

Greatest in history was 1983

Probably, I'm just repeating what I've read from people that know football much more than you or I.
Page: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools