Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 82

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #765 : December 11, 2012, 08:01:28 PM »

Freeman, once again, had the ability to come back in a game after being down and playing like crap the first half. Nevermind the defense ever giving him some help (other than resting).

That ability to me screams bright future. If the defense can at least be average on both running and passing downs, this team would be contending for a playoff spot. Freeman is one of the last players to blame. He did very well this season, all things considered (another new system, coaches, players,etc)

I bet at some point, with all the new faces, he probably felt like a rookie again. Good effort by freeman this season, baaaaaaad effort on the DB's once again.

To the bold.

Let me ask you this. Would you say that the defense did an average job on Sunday? They allowed 10 points in the first half, and 13 points in the second half. If you were to know that the defense allowed that amount of points before the game started, would you have been happy about that considering the year they have had? I would have. The Bucs have 23 or more points in 9 games this year.

What I think some are doing is adjusting their expectations of the defense so that they don't have to place any of the blame on Freeman.

Freeman has had his ups and downs this year. He was great in the 5-6 game tear, but in 4 of the Bucs 7 losses, he has had a major role in then coming up short. Dallas, Washington, Denver, and Philly.

Way to nitpick facts Chace. The fact is the score was 21-10 with 7:20 left in the 4th quarter. If the defense actually did its job and stopped somebody the Bucs would have won the game.

Did Freeman play poorly in the first half? Yes.
Did Freeman make enough plays to win the game in the 2nd half? Yes.

The defense cost the team the game.

If both do their jobs right they blow that eagles team out! It's a team game. They both need to be working if this team expects to go anywhere special.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #766 : December 11, 2012, 08:01:35 PM »

Bottom line.....gotta resign him.  The question is, when and for how much?

Unless we go back to the Gruden plan, and have a different QB every season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #767 : December 11, 2012, 08:26:29 PM »

Freeman, once again, had the ability to come back in a game after being down and playing like crap the first half. Nevermind the defense ever giving him some help (other than resting).

That ability to me screams bright future. If the defense can at least be average on both running and passing downs, this team would be contending for a playoff spot. Freeman is one of the last players to blame. He did very well this season, all things considered (another new system, coaches, players,etc)

I bet at some point, with all the new faces, he probably felt like a rookie again. Good effort by freeman this season, baaaaaaad effort on the DB's once again.

To the bold.

Let me ask you this. Would you say that the defense did an average job on Sunday? They allowed 10 points in the first half, and 13 points in the second half. If you were to know that the defense allowed that amount of points before the game started, would you have been happy about that considering the year they have had? I would have. The Bucs have 23 or more points in 9 games this year.

What I think some are doing is adjusting their expectations of the defense so that they don't have to place any of the blame on Freeman.

Freeman has had his ups and downs this year. He was great in the 5-6 game tear, but in 4 of the Bucs 7 losses, he has had a major role in then coming up short. Dallas, Washington, Denver, and Philly.

Way to nitpick facts Chace. The fact is the score was 21-10 with 7:20 left in the 4th quarter. If the defense actually did its job and stopped somebody the Bucs would have won the game.

Did Freeman play poorly in the first half? Yes.
Did Freeman make enough plays to win the game in the 2nd half? Yes.

The defense cost the team the game.

Lol at "nitpick facts"

BB85 pretty much covered it. They both needed to play better. Freeman should have played better in the first half and the defense should have played better on the last two drives. Too much "nitpick"ing for you?

SMH at the density of these Free-pologists.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
« #768 : December 11, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »

haha "Free-pologists". Damn I've been posting in the wrong thread. 52 pages? I guess I missed all the action

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #769 : December 11, 2012, 08:43:27 PM »

I am president of the Freepologist.

Bucs offense ranks 13th in the league.

I hate the argument, well.. Free needed to score more points and we would of won the game.  If any team, say the Eagles put up 49 on the Bucs, then its Freeman's fault he couldn't put up 50?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #770 : December 11, 2012, 08:51:22 PM »

SMH. Really AJ?. So Freeman gets a pass for piss poor play for the whole first half, yet the defense plays pretty well the whole game sans the last two drives, and its all their fault?

...both failed on Sunday. No one is making the rediculous overstatement that Freeman needs to put up 50 every game. The defense helped to give our offense pretty good field possession several times, and the offense choked.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #771 : December 11, 2012, 08:57:45 PM »

SMH. Really AJ?. So Freeman gets a pass for piss poor play for the whole first half, yet the defense plays pretty well the whole game sans the last two drives, and its all their fault?

...both failed on Sunday. No one is making the rediculous overstatement that Freeman needs to put up 50 every game. The defense helped to give our offense pretty good field possession several times, and the offense choked.

13th ranked offense in the league, and they put up 21 on Sunday.   Seems good enough for a win in most cases.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #772 : December 11, 2012, 09:05:15 PM »

This pic sums up my feeling on this topic.....

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #773 : December 11, 2012, 09:11:26 PM »

13th ranked offense in the league, and they put up 21 on Sunday.   Seems good enough for a win in most cases.

please dont give the offense credit for our first score.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #774 : December 11, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »

please dont give the offense credit for our first score.

Point taking......but still, 13 ranked offense, and we are crucifying Freeman?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #775 : December 11, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »

So were clear, you're giving him a pass?

The "13th ranked offense" is irrelevant when analyzing this particular game....and what individual stat are you using to dub them 13th? Please tell me its not the rediculous stat of total yards.

MC said it best.

"Lackluster QB play doomed the Buccaneers chances of winning"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #776 : December 11, 2012, 09:18:58 PM »

Point taking......but still, 13 ranked offense, and we are crucifying Freeman?

depends...do you consider freeman elite, great, good, or average?  if freeman is a great QB, then yeah, 13th is poor with the playmakers we have.  if freeman is average, then 13th is great.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #777 : December 11, 2012, 09:23:03 PM »

the way i look at it....freeman did just enough to win the game.  he reminds me of davin joseph and to an extent gerald mccoy.  they dont carry the team.  they dont play complete games.  they disappear for long stretches.  they do just enough to win, as long as the rest of the team plays at a high level.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #778 : December 11, 2012, 09:23:12 PM »

I think Freeman does need to improve in many areas. I just really hope we improve that defense over the offseason. The pass rush and pass defense are embarrassing. If they improve and Freeman learns from some of his mistakes this year they really can make a run next year. Exciting stuff.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #779 : December 11, 2012, 09:23:59 PM »

So were clear, you're giving him a pass?

The "13th ranked offense" is irrelevant when analyzing this particular game....and what individual stat are you using to dub them 13th? Please tell me its not the rediculous stat of total yards.

MC said it best.

"Lackluster QB play doomed the Buccaneers chances of winning"

He has his flaws, sure.   We all do.   If you asked Buc fans what would they think if the Bucs offense was ranked 13th at this point in the season, I would guess most would be thrilled.

My bad, they are actually ranked 14th, 13th in passing.

Where they rank on offense, defense

December, 11, 2012

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

The latest NFL statistics, which include the Monday night game, are out and the New Orleans Saints continue to have the league’s worst defense.

The Saints are No. 32 in total defense. They also are No. 32 against the run. They’re No. 30 against the pass. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers aren’t far ahead of the Saints. They’re No. 29 in total defense. The Bucs continue to lead the league in run defense, but their overall ranking is dragged down dramatically because they’re No. 32 against the pass.

The Atlanta Falcons are No. 20 overall (tied for No. 23 against the run and No. 16 against the pass). Carolina has the division’s best defense, at least in terms of statistics. The Panthers are No. 15 in overall defense (No. 21 against the run and No. 12 against the pass.

On offense, the Saints are the leaders in the NFC South. They’re No. 3 overall in total offense (No. 26 in rushing and No. 2 in passing). The Falcons also are a top-10 offense. They’re No. 8 overall (No. 28 rushing and No. 4 passing).

Tampa Bay is No. 14 in overall offense. The Bucs are No. 13 in both rushing and passing. Carolina is No. 16 overall (tied for No. 11 in rushing and No. 17 in passing).
« : December 11, 2012, 09:30:22 PM The Anti-Java »

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
  Page: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools