Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 82

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#930 : December 13, 2012, 11:28:51 AM

So your plan is average offense, great defense. How long do you see this taking to develop?

My plan is to prevent bad offense and worse QB play., which would not even allow a better defnse to overcome. I hope for better defense, while not preventing it ever to happen, by wasting money and draft picks elsewhere.

Apparently your plan is to just hope for better QB play, preventing the defense to ever improve, risking to even have a worse QB than Freeman. How likely do you see this to ever work? Freeman is not shattering franchise records in his 4th year here, because of his greastness.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#931 : December 13, 2012, 11:38:56 AM

#1... A change at QB doesn't automatically make the change worse.
#2... The money you save by not spending it on a crappy QB, you can use to pay other players to improve your defense.
#3... We lose WITH Freeman, losing without him changes nothing.

#1, but the chances of getting better are significantly lower, when you already have an above averge QB.
#2 Freeman is not crappy, just his alternatives most likely will be,  who will demand some money aswell no matter what. Once you found your eilte QB, you will have to take AWAY again this money from the defense. Good luck identifying the lowest levarge here, since the correlation is negativ then. When defense can not bail out a bad Qb, why waste money on defense? Your focus then will be in finding your an eilte Q, while not even have an average QB.
#3 We also win with Freeman, not having him changes when losing.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#932 : December 13, 2012, 11:43:50 AM

Alright, I'm seeing your plan a little better now. You want us to do everything we can to maintain average and avoid getting worse.

Your plan sucks.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#933 : December 13, 2012, 11:55:16 AM

Alright, I'm seeing your plan a little better now. You want us to do everything we can to maintain average and avoid getting worse.

Your plan sucks.

I do not want to maintain average, i just want to keep the same level, instead of playing lottery with borrowed money. I do not even try this at all cost.
Stepping back will just makes the next step to take so much bigger.

If you give me an realistic scenario in which the next step becomes easier by stepping back now, nice. Just the plan of another QB being better than Freeman anytime soon sucks. While my plan does not even prevent any QB (better) from replacing Freeman anytime soon.
: December 13, 2012, 11:58:15 AM QaZ

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#934 : December 13, 2012, 12:02:38 PM

Your plan sucks.
How is trying to improve the #29 total defense maintaining the status quo?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#935 : December 13, 2012, 12:03:08 PM

What your plan prevents is ever becoming good enough to win a championship. A lot of place and show ribbons, but no Lombardi. Just years of mediocrity, accompanied by "some other teams have it worse." That's the loser's creed. I'll pass.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#936 : December 13, 2012, 12:05:03 PM

" While my plan does not even prevent any QB (better) from replacing Freeman anytime soon."

Signing Freeman to franchise money does prevent you from replacing him. To think otherwise is idiotic.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#937 : December 13, 2012, 12:10:11 PM

" While my plan does not even prevent any QB (better) from replacing Freeman anytime soon."

Signing Freeman to franchise money does prevent you from replacing him. To think otherwise is idiotic.

Indy cut Peyton, so they were idiotic to extend him a few years back?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#938 : December 13, 2012, 12:12:30 PM

Theres not a whole lot that separates a solid defense from a bad defense. Its not like we dont already have some pieces in place for a solid defense. If they improve the defense and Freeman learns from his mistakes, they will probably be playoff contenders. From there anything can happen.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#939 : December 13, 2012, 12:16:36 PM

What your plan prevents is ever becoming good enough to win a championship. A lot of place and show ribbons, but no Lombardi. Just years of mediocrity, accompanied by "some other teams have it worse." That's the loser's creed. I'll pass.

No it does not. Freeman itself can still provide this, beside our abilty to pass on every QB worse than him, not overpaying mediocre QBs or not reaching for needs at QB in the draft.

While you justify years of suckiness for maybe one day to win it all, which is a big if.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#940 : December 13, 2012, 12:20:51 PM

Josh Freeman is no Payton Manning.
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7651520
" If the Colts release Manning by 4 p.m. ET that day, they owe him nothing."

Ms Elam

Starter

#941 : December 13, 2012, 12:22:03 PM

If you dont sign Freeman to a long term deal now then he will be another quarterback to leave the bucs and get a superbowl. Then you all would be **CENSORED**ing about never having a franchise QB.

So, we either sign him or he wins a Super Bowl somewhere else. Are those the only two possibilities?
Sure

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#942 : December 13, 2012, 12:24:00 PM

" not overpaying mediocre QBs "

Your plan to prevent us from overpaying mediocre QBs is to overpay a mediocre QB? I'm going to stop talking to you now, as I can no longer pretend that you're not dumber than a dried up cat turd.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#943 : December 13, 2012, 12:24:59 PM

"Sure."

False. Dichotomy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#944 : December 13, 2012, 12:25:00 PM

If you dont sign Freeman to a long term deal now then he will be another quarterback to leave the bucs and get a superbowl. Then you all would be **CENSORED**ing about never having a franchise QB.

So, we either sign him or he wins a Super Bowl somewhere else. Are those the only two possibilities?
Sure

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools