Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 82

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 06, 2012, 10:27:24 AM

They will resign him. They oughta do it soon too. I think he's gonna get better and if we wait around until next year he could be more expensive than he is now.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : December 06, 2012, 11:20:19 AM

I just love when people suggest that the Bucs should try to replace Freeman and they have no viable alternative. This season Freeman is on pace to break Brad Johnson's single season record for yards and possibly touchdowns. Freeman is a franchise QB imo, and while he is inconsistent at times you still have to look at the fact that he only 24 years old.  I for one can not wait until next season to watch how far this offense can go.
Don't forget he also just passed Doug Williams for #2 career touchdown passes and is 4 away from being #1.

He's well on his way to tallest midget.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 06, 2012, 11:23:25 AM

They will resign him. They oughta do it soon too. I think he's gonna get better and if we wait around until next year he could be more expensive than he is now.

Said this before the year even began...  #ShowMeTheMoney

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 06, 2012, 11:24:35 AM

I just love when people suggest that the Bucs should try to replace Freeman and they have no viable alternative. This season Freeman is on pace to break Brad Johnson's single season record for yards and possibly touchdowns. Freeman is a franchise QB imo, and while he is inconsistent at times you still have to look at the fact that he only 24 years old.  I for one can not wait until next season to watch how far this offense can go.
Don't forget he also just passed Doug Williams for #2 career touchdown passes and is 4 away from being #1.

And he's only 24..wow!

Thanks for the sig Java!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 06, 2012, 11:26:52 AM

Bucs career passing TD leaders:

1. #7 in passing yards NFL history, Pro Bowl
2. Josh Freeman
3. Super Bowl MVP, Ring of Honor
4. Super Bowl winner, Pro Bowl
5. Super Bowl winner, Pro Bowl

Looks like pretty good company to me.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : December 06, 2012, 11:35:10 AM

The list was so impressive they couldn't even be named.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#21 : December 06, 2012, 11:36:59 AM

Bucs career passing TD leaders:

1. #7 in passing yards NFL history, Pro Bowl
2. Josh Freeman
3. Super Bowl MVP, Ring of Honor
4. Super Bowl winner, Pro Bowl
5. Super Bowl winner, Pro Bowl

Looks like pretty good company to me.

Based on this junction is their careers (4 years) It would appear that the kid is doing well. But there remains much work to be done! Go Bucs!

Interesting comparison:

Year  Williams  Freeman
1       4-6               3-6
2      10-6             10-6
3      5-10-1         4-11
4       9-7              ? (should be close)

acacius

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 06, 2012, 11:52:28 AM

Count me in among those who have a hard time seeing the team being in a position to get a better option any time soon.  Please keep in mind that signing him to a 4-5 year contract or so doesn't mean the team necessarily has to keep him four or five years, particularly if it's one of those contracts that Dom loves to hand out where the guaranteed money is all paid in the first couple of years of the contract and not pro-rated.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 06, 2012, 11:58:19 AM

Pay him now while its still cost efficient to do so and spend what you would be saving on other pieces to make the team better overall.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 06, 2012, 12:10:36 PM

Based on this junction is their careers (4 years) It would appear that the kid is doing well. But there remains much work to be done! Go Bucs!

Interesting comparison:

Year  Williams  Freeman
WOW. What was a joke on draft day, scares me right now.: Those 'culverhouse[ like fan]s' will see another Tampa drafted QB win a SB elsewhere.

Still just be being the 'best' QB here ever, will not get us many wins/SBs . It will take more than this.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 06, 2012, 12:27:50 PM

Interesting comparison:

Year  Williams  Freeman
WOW. What was a joke on draft day, scares me right now.: Those 'culverhouse[ like fan]s' will see another Tampa drafted QB win a SB elsewhere.

Still just be being the 'best' QB here ever, will not get us many wins/SBs . It will take more than this.

Thats why they need to get him locked up this offseason. Hes had a good season no doubt but it wasnt a "great" one. They should pay him by what hes done so far with incentive on what he could be if he were more consistent. Hes gotta strive for consistency right now. If he would be consistent he would have blown Williams numbers out of the water. So they have to be careful how much they give him but they gotta motivate him to be his best consistently.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 06, 2012, 12:35:39 PM

Interesting comparison:

Year  Williams  Freeman
Interesting comparison:

Year  Williams                  Freeman
1       #4 total defense        #27 total defense
2      #1 total defense         #17 total defense
3      #20 total defense        #30 total defense
4       #13 total defense       #30 total defense

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 06, 2012, 12:42:56 PM

Wait... isn't this the same writer who said just 2 days ago that the Bucs were 0-6 vs good QB and 6-0 vs bad ones... and basically said it's Freeman's fault?  Now he wants the Bucs to sign him long term?

No.  They should absolutely not sign him to a long term deal.  If they do, they're guaranteeing that he'll be here for at least another 3 or 4 more years.  We could have the next Ryan Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith, Jason Campbell or David Garrard.  We could have the next Eli, Roethlisberger, Matt Scahub, or Jay Cutler.  There are too many unknowns.  Right now he's cheap (by NFL standards), and should stay that way.  If he's the kind of player that requires a big deal for him to perform well, I don't want him as my QB.  Determination for greatness is the reason I want my QB to always perform at his best.

Before saying Freeman doesn't compare to those guys like Eli....you should compare their numbers through the first 53 games. Freeman is equal or better than all those guys you listed.

Whatever.

Whatever? Freeman should be compared to their early games, not their play now.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 06, 2012, 12:49:49 PM

Absolutely not. Freeman might have put up decent numbers in his first 3.5 years...but he always plays bad against a good defensive team and can't seem to get over the hump when facing a quality opponent. He has what it takes to put up decent stats, but I'm not sure if he has that "it' to carry this team to a postseason, let alone, a SB.

Don't give him anything until his contract is up. If he plays well next season, and he is worth retaining, then you tag him and work out a deal.

"He has earned it"

Lol. He has not earned sh*t. That makes me laugh.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#29 : December 06, 2012, 01:05:34 PM

Will be traded to Kansas City. You heard it here first.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools