Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 82

Theoldbuc

Starter

#60 : December 06, 2012, 03:22:53 PM

Not saying that these things are right or wrong....but these OC/QB coach changes are exactly what people in Washington always said about Jason Campbell. 

Just a thought.

Jason Campbell never had a 95+ QB rating. Jason Campbell never had a 4:1 TD:int ratio. Jason Campbell had 7 game winning drives in 7 years. Freeman has 10 in 4 years. Jason Campbell's best year he had 20 tds. Freeman has  done that twice and will probably have 30 this year.  And for the second time in 4 years Freeman is going to end up in a top 10 rated QB for the season. Can you see how there might be a legitimate difference between Josh Freeman and Jason Campbell?
: December 06, 2012, 03:24:25 PM Theoldbuc

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#61 : December 06, 2012, 03:29:10 PM

" If you see a guy who defense don't have to focus on, you must be watching a different game than everyone else."

I was watching the Bucs at Broncos game. You know, the one where Denver sold out to stop the run and dared Freeman to beat them. He didn't. What game were you "and everyone else" watching?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#62 : December 06, 2012, 03:30:02 PM

Guys decent QBs grow on trees. We dont need to resign Freeman. 

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#63 : December 06, 2012, 03:31:44 PM

He wasn't comparing Freeman to Campbell. He was comparing the excuses people make for Freeman to the excuses people made for Campbell.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#64 : December 06, 2012, 03:34:57 PM

Josh Freeman is the best QB in franchise history and he is going to get a big ole' fat contract.

Those opposed better find a good coping mechanism because you're going to be watching #5 for many years.

We can go back and fourth all day long about whether or not he deserves to stay but he is going to.

We all know that.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#65 : December 06, 2012, 03:37:59 PM

" If you see a guy who defense don't have to focus on, you must be watching a different game than everyone else."

I was watching the Bucs at Broncos game. You know, the one where Denver sold out to stop the run and dared Freeman to beat them. He didn't. What game were you "and everyone else" watching?

The one where they generated pressure on Freeman on what seemed like almost every play? That one? They sold out to stop the run, not because they didn't think Freeman to could do it but because they knew they are #1 in the league is sacks and we have a offensive line full of back ups and moved players. Meaning they are going to be able to get pressure on Freeman regardless. So why not sell out to stop Martin. Understand?

Aaron Rogers has a makeshift offensive line in front of him currently and look how that offense is doing, not anything like it was. Does that mean teams are selling out on the run because they don't think Rogers can do it? No. When you have a line who can't pass block, you stuff the run, make the QB take the ball into his hands on 3rd and longs and dominate with a great pass rush. It's a pretty simple idea dude.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#66 : December 06, 2012, 03:47:17 PM

Yes we should....but I'd still draft EJ Manuel in the 2nd round.

EJ Manuel?  lolz

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#67 : December 06, 2012, 03:49:06 PM

Not saying that these things are right or wrong....but these OC/QB coach changes are exactly what people in Washington always said about Jason Campbell. 

Just a thought.

Jason Campbell never had a 95+ QB rating. Jason Campbell never had a 4:1 TD:int ratio. Jason Campbell had 7 game winning drives in 7 years. Freeman has 10 in 4 years. Jason Campbell's best year he had 20 tds. Freeman has  done that twice and will probably have 30 this year.  And for the second time in 4 years Freeman is going to end up in a top 10 rated QB for the season. Can you see how there might be a legitimate difference between Josh Freeman and Jason Campbell?

I wasn't comparing the two, obviously I think/hope that Josh is better than Jason.  I'm just saying that I really don't the OC excuses.  Also, if you want to bring up passer rating as a stat, Jason Campbell has a better career passer rating than Josh Freeman.  Not that I really like the passer rating stat, but since you brought it up....

Theoldbuc

Starter

#68 : December 06, 2012, 03:57:42 PM

Just a thought.

I wasn't comparing the two, obviously I think/hope that Josh is better than Jason.  I'm just saying that I really don't the OC excuses.  Also, if you want to bring up passer rating as a stat, Jason Campbell has a better career passer rating than Josh Freeman.  Not that I really like the passer rating stat, but since you brought it up....

Yes, he has a +.6 higher career passer rating. He also has 75 td's in 7 years and Freeman has 74 in 4 years.  His first four years he had 10,000 yards, Freeman has 11,000 with 4 games to go. But keep telling yourself you're not comparing the two.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#69 : December 06, 2012, 04:01:34 PM

No, I'm comparing the excuses.  I don't think that's unreasonable when I heard literally the exact same thing in DC for years "He'll be an elite QB if they settle down the coaches.  He has flashes of greatness, if we can get him stability, he'll be an elite QB."

This isn't saying don't sign him, this isn't saying he's terrible.  This is simply saying, if we're using that as an excuse, if Sullivan leaves next year, and Freeman doesn't show improvement, do we give him an extra 3 years because the situation isn't stable?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#70 : December 06, 2012, 04:07:42 PM

Josh Freeman is the best QB in franchise history and he is going to get a big ole' fat contract.

Those opposed better find a good coping mechanism because you're going to be watching #5 for many years.

We can go back and fourth all day long about whether or not he deserves to stay but he is going to.

We all know that.

Exactly. Hes gonna get it this offseason too. Or they would be smart to do it this offseason if they are going to resign him. Im pretty sure thats what Dom and the Bucs are thinking now.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#71 : December 06, 2012, 04:11:16 PM

Also, FWIW, I think that Campbell is a terrible comparison, I was just using the coordinator comparison.  I think Joe Flacco is a fantastic comparison, not necessarily skillset, but success and relative ranking amongst the NFL starting QBs.  And there's a reason that Joe Flacco doesn't have a contract yet despite being in a contract year.  He's not an elite QB, and not a top 10 QB.  He's somewhere in the 12-16 range, right with Freeman.  And there's the question if you want to hitch your wagon to that long-term.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#72 : December 06, 2012, 04:16:11 PM

It's a valid question.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#73 : December 06, 2012, 04:30:09 PM

Also, FWIW, I think that Campbell is a terrible comparison, I was just using the coordinator comparison.  I think Joe Flacco is a fantastic comparison, not necessarily skillset, but success and relative ranking amongst the NFL starting QBs.  And there's a reason that Joe Flacco doesn't have a contract yet despite being in a contract year.  He's not an elite QB, and not a top 10 QB.  He's somewhere in the 12-16 range, right with Freeman.  And there's the question if you want to hitch your wagon to that long-term.

I like the comparison to Flacco but I think Freeman is worth more to this team than Flacco is to Baltimore. Thats why I think we will see Freeman get resigned this summer. The Bucs need to take some pressure off of Freeman and say your our guy. Flacco can be a game manager for Baltimore and they will still win games. Freeman needs to shine for this team to win games. If Freeman doesnt play well, chances are this team loses.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#74 : December 06, 2012, 04:43:50 PM

The Bucs need to take some pressure off of Freeman and say your our guy.

Could not disagree more. What the Bucs have always needed is someone to push Freeman. Enough coddling.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools