Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 82

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#345 : December 09, 2012, 05:38:45 PM

Freeman did his part.....

Hilarious. It's amazing how people continually give him a pass. Dom will probably do the same and give him a sh*t-ton of money for mediocre play.

Was Freeman a major factor in putting up 21 in the 2nd half...?  Just Sayin'.

Haters gonna hate.  Potatoes gonna potate.

He was a major factor in out offense being stagnant for nearly the entire game. Thank God the iggles fumbled that put, otherwise we may have not scored until the 4th.

Youre right....I hate sh*tty QB play.

Desmond

Second String

#346 : December 09, 2012, 05:41:12 PM

Bottom line though...  Freeman did his part...  Hang the Eagles loss directly on the defense's shoulders...  And then...

What?!  Whether you're in favor of resigning him or not, saying he did his part is completely insane.  That's beyond delusional.
Aman...  It's a team sport.

Freeman's job = getting the lead.  (He DID that.  Either in spite of him, or becuase of him, but either way - he got us the lead.)
Defense's job = stopping the opposing team's offense.  (Epic FAIL today.)

By your idiot logic, if we were leading 3 to nothing and lost on the last play of the game, you would blame the defense for the loss because Josh Freeman had the lead and the defense gave up 7 points.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#347 : December 09, 2012, 05:41:25 PM

Freeman's job= scoring in each quarter.  Not just one play ahead.  That's not good enough in the NFL.  Sigb Freeeman to a won year contract and go see who is out there for us either a rookie qb or a journey man QB demote Freeman to back up.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#348 : December 09, 2012, 05:46:02 PM

Freeman SUCKED AGAIN today. You will not win with any consistency with a QB who cannot be consistent. He was awful today. PERIOD! D was ballin early and Freeman's suckage helped the O to do nothing for the first 30 minutes.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#349 : December 09, 2012, 05:51:34 PM

Yet Freeman is still probably going to break all of the single season passing records for a QB in franchise history.

Freeman isn't consistent, but with the history of this franchise QBs, I don't see how people can complain.

It's like some of you want to draft a mediocre QB prospect in this year's draft, and leave undrafted FA rookies to start at CB.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#350 : December 09, 2012, 05:55:55 PM

Yet Freeman is still probably going to break all of the single season passing records for a QB in franchise history.

Freeman isn't consistent, but with the history of this franchise QBs, I don't see how people can complain.

It's like some of you want to draft a mediocre QB prospect in this year's draft, and leave undrafted FA rookies to start at CB.

Because some people don't want to hitch their wagon to an average NFL starter for the next 6 years.  It doesn't matter what the Bucs history at QB have been.  Jason Campbell would be the best QB the Cleveland Browns have had in 15 years, should they go out and sign him to a 5-year deal right now, or find a guy they think has a chance of being a good NFL starter?  The people who are saying don't stake the future of the franchise on Freeman realize that for the most part, you need more than a simply average or above-average starter, you need a top 10 guy.  And someone who can AT LEAST complete more than 60% of his passes. 

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#351 : December 09, 2012, 05:59:56 PM

41% today... THAT IS ALL that needs to be said. Just because your team has a history of QB suckage doesnt mean you setttle on a lil better suckage.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#352 : December 09, 2012, 06:00:00 PM

Nick Foles is going to throw for 350 on the BUcs.  Another tragedy of todays game events.

The Bucs are on pace to set the record for most yards given up through the air.  They are giving up around 300 a game.  Pathetic.

Practically EVERY cat in that secondary should be replaced with someone else.  Biggers is not worthy of even a nickle role.

Yet..... we'd rather trot the worst pass defense known to man out on the field instead of allowing our 'franchise' QB the opportunity to convert on 3rd and 8. To me..... THAT speaks volumes!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Madman

Hall of Famer
#353 : December 09, 2012, 06:01:56 PM

Nick Foles is going to throw for 350 on the BUcs.  Another tragedy of todays game events.

The Bucs are on pace to set the record for most yards given up through the air.  They are giving up around 300 a game.  Pathetic.

Practically EVERY cat in that secondary should be replaced with someone else.  Biggers is not worthy of even a nickle role.

Yet..... we'd rather trot the worst pass defense known to man out on the field instead of allowing our 'franchise' QB the opportunity to convert on 3rd and 8. To me..... THAT speaks volumes!!

Sad but true.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#354 : December 09, 2012, 06:02:20 PM

I could care less about those records. He is not getting it done consistently, not close.

These past few weeks he should have been picked at least eight times had they held on to the ball.

The way he just flings the ball up for grabs sometimes, blows me away dude. Then he goes and barks at the WRs like it's always their fault.

I am beginning to really NOT like him.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#355 : December 09, 2012, 06:06:50 PM

I could care less about those records. He is not getting it done consistently, not close.

These past few weeks he should have been picked at least eight times had they held on to the ball.

The way he just flings the ball up for grabs sometimes, blows me away dude. Then he goes and barks at the WRs like it's always their fault.

It's a timing offense where the receivers have to change routes based on coverage, it's probably their fault.

You could care less about the records, but it doesn't change the fact that the Bucs haven't had a QB anywhere as good as Freeman ever.

Some people want to go back to the good old Gruden days where QBs got 14 TDs a year if they were lucky.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#356 : December 09, 2012, 06:09:01 PM

It's a timing offense where the receivers have to change routes based on coverage, it's probably their fault.

You could care less about the records, but it doesn't change the fact that the Bucs haven't had a QB anywhere as good as Freeman ever.

Some people want to go back to the good old Gruden days where QBs got 14 TDs a year if they were lucky.

Dude, the bar hasn't been set real high or anything as far as past Bucs QBs! Are you serious?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#357 : December 09, 2012, 06:09:21 PM

So because a lot of us have endured 30+ years of QB suckage, we should settle for mediocre?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#358 : December 09, 2012, 06:10:39 PM

Lyron.  Half the QBs in the league right now would be the best QB the Bucs have ever had.  Alex Smith would be the best QB the Bucs ever had.  If we had Alex Smith, would you be ok with signing him to a 5-year deal?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#359 : December 09, 2012, 06:15:22 PM

Exactly, it's a team sport.  The defense held the Eagles to 23 points.  Why did Freeman only score 21?  We can make that go both ways, but I don't care if the Bucs won 21-0, Freeman absolutely did not do his part today.  14/34 is beyond atrocious.

Stupid argument here, the Eagles scored 23 by going for it with 2sec left, instead of kicking the FG, because it was a meaningless game for 'em. Had their FG kicker not missed twice before, our last drive would have been for the lead/win instead of running the clock out.

Freeman by no mean played a really good game, but he gave THIS team the lead with 2:30 to go in the game. This thread is about him being able to get us into winable situations. Maybe Schiano did not trust Freeman on 3&7, rather running it. But guess what Fox did last week with up by 15 points, 1 onside kick recovery and Freeman has 4 downs and 2:36 to get 8 points, close to midfeld. Had Freeman or lets say this offense scored more points, our D# would not have to 'win' the game for us, no doubt. Still winning games is about the team. Little coincidence like missed FG, the lack of help by the defense at the end of the game, change games, make QB win games or not. If you rather want a rookie on the field or a washed up veteran, nice.
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools