Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 82

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#675 : December 10, 2012, 11:47:06 PM

Now the point being....Seattle gave their QBs a window of opportunity to impress and if they didn't perform then they were on the street or the bench while other options were getting chances.....the Cardinals have allowed their QBs to linger because they desperately want to be right and are unwilling to gamble with changing personnel.

im not sure about this point.  seattle hasnt had a winning season in 6 years.  and which QB have the cardinals let "linger"?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#676 : December 10, 2012, 11:54:33 PM

Now the point being....Seattle gave their QBs a window of opportunity to impress and if they didn't perform then they were on the street or the bench while other options were getting chances.....the Cardinals have allowed their QBs to linger because they desperately want to be right and are unwilling to gamble with changing personnel.

im not sure about this point.  seattle hasnt had a winning season in 6 years.  and which QB have the cardinals let "linger"?

Re: Seattle > since Carroll took over they've posted back to back 7-9 records....good chance they are above .500 this year with the QB of their future.

Re: Cards > they held on to Derek Anderson when Stevie Wonder could see he was a flop....they're holding on to Skelton even though he's hot garbage...what is there to lose by cutting ties with guys who clearly aren't the answer?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#677 : December 10, 2012, 11:59:41 PM

derek anderson started 9 games for the cardinals.  if the cardinals cut skelton, who would they start?  lindley?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#678 : December 11, 2012, 02:10:57 AM

Ya thats the rub really.  Dom cant wait until after next season to lock him in.  Him and his dad would say bye bye and watch the offers come in from QB desperate teams.  And there are plenty of those.

I guess he could tag him after the 2013 season.  But that could get ugly real quick.

Why are you so sensitive to Freeman's feelings? Players much better than he have been tagged!!

No not at all.  Just the opposite to be honest.  If they let him get to free agency and then give him a low ball offer, there is no doubt in my mind he would say adios.  Its a business, and these guys know it.

Seems like a good team guy now, but if someone like the Cheifs offered him more money,  he would be out the door in a second.  He is not married to the pewter.  None of them are IMO. 

The almighty dollar rules.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#679 : December 11, 2012, 02:15:19 AM

GameTime.

I'm a little drunk.

But I believe if we were to dangle Josh Freeman this offseason, we would get, at the VERY least, a high 2nd round pick.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#680 : December 11, 2012, 02:15:52 AM

derek anderson started 9 games for the cardinals.  if the cardinals cut skelton, who would they start?  lindley?

Lindley already is playing.  I believe he played a half last Sunday.   A Friend of mine is a Seahawks fan and he was talking about Llindley in the NFC West.   I said.....who?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#681 : December 11, 2012, 02:16:19 AM

If you guys think we can pull in someone better than Freeman in the draft this year or free agency then I'm all for it.

You better believe me, and a whole heck of a lot of other fans are going to come down like a god damn sledge hammer on the guy if he has a bad game.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#682 : December 11, 2012, 02:18:13 AM

GameTime.

I'm a little drunk.

But I believe if we were to dangle Josh Freeman this offseason, we would get, at the VERY least, a high 2nd round pick.

Thats all?   I would say more.    A first and a second maybe.   But for the record... there is no way I would be in favor of trading him. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#683 : December 11, 2012, 03:04:13 AM

He's not getting traded.

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#684 : December 11, 2012, 03:06:34 AM

Trade him.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#685 : December 11, 2012, 03:28:03 AM

GameTime.

I'm a little drunk.

Thats all?   I would say more.    A first and a second maybe.   But for the record... there is no way I would be in favor of trading him.

A first is probably more realistic than what I claimed.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#686 : December 11, 2012, 03:29:04 AM

Trade him.

That is fine man but god damn we need to have a contingency plan.

I don't want to lose Freeman and descend back into Chris Simms-Gradkowski-Griese hell

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#687 : December 11, 2012, 05:37:26 AM

The QB play in the Dallas, Denver, and Philly games was absolutely gut-wrenching. Saw two of them personally which made it worse. I needed a heavy dose of pepto afterwards. If we give this guy an extension, we might as well be pouring the concrete around our ankles and readying to jump into deep water.

just our alternative as a poor team is to play lottery with our last remaining money, while i like our chances to swim a bit with concrete around our ankles waiting for next pay check.

If you do not like extendign him NOW, i think we have no other choice than extend him based on what Freeman showed and because of this might be in near future. My question is what does it need Freeman to show until we are confident enough to extend him, not that we know then HE will be our great QB, but to atleast have solid QB play UNTIL then, instead of having to franchise tag a mediocre guy?
Why are so many people pointing out at the need of a great QB in this pass happy league while risking to not even have a top15 QB? All this just works out if either Freeman or the guy we get within next 2 offseasons turns out to be great, else we downgrade the most important position on a football team for multiple yerars. No clue where this confidence comes from that Freeman becoming great is less likely to happen than getting an equal or better (WANTED) QB than him anytime soon. Freeman breaking all of our franchise passing records shows this, not his greatness but the lack of alternatives.
: December 11, 2012, 05:49:07 AM QaZ

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#688 : December 11, 2012, 07:16:33 AM

Trade him.
I'll bet we could get two # 1's for him . Or a #1 and a #2. The impressive stats and the potential to get even better are all there , and he's young.

If you wanted to trade him now would be the time . A team like Arizona or KC would be all over the chance to get him.

Won't happen , but just sayin...
: December 11, 2012, 07:19:09 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#689 : December 11, 2012, 08:10:25 AM

Ya thats the rub really.  Dom cant wait until after next season to lock him in.  Him and his dad would say bye bye and watch the offers come in from QB desperate teams.  And there are plenty of those.

I guess he could tag him after the 2013 season.  But that could get ugly real quick.

Why are you so sensitive to Freeman's feelings? Players much better than he have been tagged!!

No not at all.  Just the opposite to be honest. 

Yet you keep posting about ticking off him and his dad or "that could get ugly real quick". Who cares? Freeman belongs to the Bucs & he won't see Free Agency unless the Bucs choose to let him.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools