Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers tried out Pat Boyle and Eric Norwood « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: December 06, 2012, 12:36:02 AM

The Buccaneers tried out  Pat Boyle and Eric Norwood

Position:            G

Birth Date:     May 30, 1990

College:      Temple

Pat Boyle
Born in 1990
6'5" tall
Weighs 301 lbs
From Towson, MD
Not active
Former Member of Detroit Lions

Eric Norwood (born May 24, 1988)

Is an American football defensive end for the Carolina Panthers. He formerly played for the University of South Carolina. During his collegiate career, he set school career records in tackles for loss (54.5) and quarterback sacks (29). With numerous conference and national honors, Norwood is one of the most decorated defensive players in SEC history and has drawn comparisons to James Harrison.[1] Norwood was considered a top linebacker prospect for the 2010 NFL Draft; he was selected in the fourth round at number 124 overall by the Panthers.

Seahawks tried out Roy Lewis and Josh Johnson

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#1 : December 06, 2012, 03:54:06 AM

The Bucs may feel they've found somebody in Morgan; could they strike gold with another similar player in Norwood?  Could prove interesting; and remember, they cut George Johnson to sign Morgan permanently; there could be a surprise cut(Teo? or maybe even Dekoda )
: December 06, 2012, 04:01:05 AM flashgordon

Texas Alexander(probably with Lonnie Johnson) - Bellcow blues,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCXTSKOkhM

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 06, 2012, 07:29:50 AM

No need to cut anyone. We currently only have 52 guys on the roster.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 06, 2012, 09:06:31 AM

No need to cut anyone. We currently only have 52 guys on the roster.

IIRC, we have been at 52 since last week after IR'ing Trueblood and Grimm.  We claimed a WR that was cut by the Steelers, but that is it.

I think that last spot is filled by activating Gaitor from IR.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 06, 2012, 09:18:23 AM

I liked Norwood as a college player, but I don't think he has a spot in a NFL 4-3 defense.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 06, 2012, 01:42:21 PM

Yeah, Norwood was a tweener. I liked him in college, but worried about him ending up like Corey Moore (ex-Va Tech star who fizzled in pros because he really wasn't the right build for a 4-3, nor fast enough for a 3-4).. Worth a look, but I don't have high hopes.

I can't imagine why we'd cut Teo (especially) flash. We aren't yanking a starter (who has played much better than I certainly expected) just to add the 53rd player on the roster.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 06, 2012, 01:52:01 PM

Teo has been pretty good for us lately. Would hate to see him cut.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 06, 2012, 08:22:51 PM

norwood reminds me of everette brown. both were great college DEs but just dont have the size tyo find a position in the NFL. both could be 3-4 olbs but thats really it

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 06, 2012, 08:28:30 PM

Im not against signing Norwood.

Still mad we didn't sign Greg Hardy in the 2010 draft. He would have been a lot better than any of the dumpster trash we have at DE for Depth.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#9 : December 06, 2012, 08:58:53 PM

I was just trying to understand how we could possibly fit him in; it seemed pretty hard . . . ;

Texas Alexander(probably with Lonnie Johnson) - Bellcow blues,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCXTSKOkhM
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers tried out Pat Boyle and Eric Norwood « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools