Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where Should Hawk Hit? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 08, 2013, 06:27:50 PM

The second wasn't even close to being helmet to helmet. They called it simply because they saw a helmet come off. Now legal hits are punished simple because of loose chin straps apparently.

Take the pads off and make it flag football already you pansies.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 08, 2013, 06:27:53 PM

Goldson hit just below the head and his helmet moved up into the helmet of the receiver....who never returned btw.

The second call on Barron was a bit more dicey because I thought the helmets between the Bucs players hit.

It really doesn't matter. The players have to play the game within the rules no matter how much they or we like those rules.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#17 : September 08, 2013, 06:32:22 PM

Nothing will get said about these calls until it happens to a NE, NY, Packers, SF, etc... in a meaningful playoff game or something.

Then there is going to be reviewing of the rules again. Watch and see.

sammich

Starter

#18 : September 08, 2013, 06:54:18 PM

The part that irks me is that he did lead with his shoulder both times.  A player can't magicly remove their head so it doesn't touch the other player.  Shoulder pads and a helmet only allow for so much movement.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where Should Hawk Hit? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools