Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Doug Martin hitting the wall?........ Or is it a blocking breakdown? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 07, 2012, 07:59:18 PM

I honestly think they should give it to him more. Not necessarily runs but more screens. Anyway to get the ball in his hands in some space.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 08, 2012, 08:41:47 AM

Let me know when you actually have some stats that will do that . Pressures are not a stat , they are an opinion. I know what I saw on TV. Provide your fake stat link and we can discuss who's opinion is inferior.

Actually, you don't know what you saw.  That's the point.  Your inferior opinion is caused by your lack of knowledge regarding what a good OL performance looks like.  This lack of knowledge is also the reason why you were a champion of Jeremy Trueblood.  You don't know what you're talking about, and why you don't like the stats that show you don't know what you're talking about.  It really is that simple.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 08, 2012, 08:43:42 AM

Martin isn't hitting the wall. He is just running into the incompetency of the team to utilize another back in the system.

Or the incompetancy of Blount to be able to step into that role. Depending on how you look at it....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 08, 2012, 08:51:02 AM

Actually, you don't know what you saw.  That's the point.  Your inferior opinion is caused by your lack of knowledge regarding what a good OL performance looks like.  This lack of knowledge is also the reason why you were a champion of Jeremy Trueblood.  You don't know what you're talking about, and why you don't like the stats that show you don't know what you're talking about.  It really is that simple.

There is a difference between "championing" Trueblood and acknowledging that he does do some thing well, like his run blocking ability . That's what I did and I stand by those comments . The guy is a good run blocker.

Here are some real stats . From NFL.com:

The Bucs have allowed the 2nd fewest sacks in the league with 17 . The Bucs are tied for fewest amount of QB hits in the league with 38.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&archive=false&d-447263-p=1&qualified=true&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKS_ALLOWED
...strange how that's possible with a left tackle who sucks as badly as you seem to think .Especially considering the LT usually faces the other teams best pass rusher.

Once again . I'm waiting for you to show me a real stat , and provide the link to your fake opinion-based psuedo-stat. It's really that simple.
: December 08, 2012, 09:06:55 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 08, 2012, 10:23:20 AM

" I would have to go back and look at the game, but it seemed like most MW/Vjax routes were intermediate."

They were. That's Freeman's weakest area and Denver knew it.

I find that so frustrating.. Those are the throws that are costing the team wins IMO.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 08, 2013, 06:58:28 PM

Everyone knows it. Stack the line, make Freeman beat you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Doug Martin hitting the wall?........ Or is it a blocking breakdown? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools