Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Doug Martin hitting the wall?........ Or is it a blocking breakdown? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 06, 2012, 01:26:35 PM

Yeah....Doug's stiff arms and ankle breaking cut backs had nothing to do with it. It was just bad defense.
So why haven't his stiff arms and ankle breaking cuts worked the last few weeks?

Because they were happening in the backfield instead of downfield.
This
As I said, the defenses aren't screwing up as much now as they were earlier this season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#16 : December 06, 2012, 03:45:41 PM

" Denver aggressively attacked Martin and Tampa Bays front all day, with almost no regard to the pass the Broncos were content to play man coverage with one deep safety almost all game."

This can't possibly be true, a franchise QB like Freeman would make them pay for coverage like that.

Right?

They are one of the few teams that can do that because Champ Bailey is still one of the best Man Coverage cornerbacks in the league and he can handle Vincent one on one. Mike Williams was the wildcard. He needed to have a huge day. Six catches for 93 yards and a TD looks nice, but most of that came at the very end. He needed to blow up and he didn't. If he would have, then the Broncos would have had to change it up and it would have opened things for Doug.

For the record Elite QB's did this versus Denver:
                                                 TD  Int
Tom Brady   23/31   223     1    0
Drew Brees   22/42   213     2    1

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : December 06, 2012, 03:51:51 PM

So you're saying that Denver played man coverage with one deep safety against those teams? Or was Freeman the only one where they felt they could get away with it?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 06, 2012, 04:43:13 PM

Hopefully not. I got him in fantasy. He hasnt really let me down much this year. Im in the playoffs now and would hate to see him continue to struggle.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 06, 2012, 05:38:06 PM

" Denver aggressively attacked Martin and Tampa Bays front all day, with almost no regard to the pass the Broncos were content to play man coverage with one deep safety almost all game."

This can't possibly be true, a franchise QB like Freeman would make them pay for coverage like that.

Right?

Hard to when you have guys like Dumervil and Von Miller on the other side of the field.

I would have to go back and look at the game, but it seemed like most MW/Vjax routes were intermediate. Even with one high safety, you still need time for passes to develop, which he didn't really have.

Freeman really stank it up in the short passing game though.

The 2011 version of Freeman would probably have done better in that game.

If he puts the good aspects of his 2010/2011/2012 career together, then he would for sure be a top 10 QB.

You can't throw it deep every game, and the run game isn't always going to be there. He needs to have other tools, like be very accurate in the short game, and be able to run.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : December 06, 2012, 05:42:49 PM

" I would have to go back and look at the game, but it seemed like most MW/Vjax routes were intermediate."

They were. That's Freeman's weakest area and Denver knew it.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 06, 2012, 05:44:56 PM

" I would have to go back and look at the game, but it seemed like most MW/Vjax routes were intermediate."

They were. That's Freeman's weakest area and Denver knew it.

Intermediate as in not short.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 06, 2012, 08:14:31 PM

I would say....blocking breakdown.   Dougie is fine, he is not getting the open lanes.

Penn is doing his mid season disappearing act.  I think we could see some big changes in the O-line next season.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 06, 2012, 08:28:06 PM

I would say....blocking breakdown.   Dougie is fine, he is not getting the open lanes.

Penn is doing his mid season disappearing act.  I think we could see some big changes in the O-line next season.

Funny you should bring up Penn when Dotson was the one getting worked all day.

The big changes you are going to see is guys actually get healthy.
: December 06, 2012, 08:29:48 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 06, 2012, 08:44:45 PM

I don't see Penn going anywhere. He isn't great, but he is good. We have about six thousand other needs before we think about a new LT.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 07, 2012, 07:23:50 AM

I don't see Penn going anywhere. He isn't great, but he is good. We have about six thousand other needs before we think about a new LT.

No major changes will be made. Once we get back our two beastly guards we will be fine . Continuity is as important as anything with an O-line , and it would be stupid to throw the baby out with the bath-water at this point . Too many needs on defense.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 07, 2012, 08:00:36 AM

Break It Down: Is Doug Martin hitting the wall?

Break It Down, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

SI.com    Chris Burke

The Douggernaut laughs at walls, and then breaks through them.

: December 07, 2012, 08:02:32 AM JDouble

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 07, 2012, 09:29:55 AM

I know you and your ilk get all riled up when stats are brought in that demolish your inferior opinions, but they both were getting worked by Dumervil and Miller.

Penn:  4 total pressures
Dotson:  3 total pressures

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 07, 2012, 05:05:22 PM

I know you and your ilk get all riled up when stats are brought in that demolish your inferior opinions, but they both were getting worked by Dumervil and Miller.

Penn:  4 total pressures
Dotson:  3 total pressures

Let me know when you actually have some stats that will do that . Pressures are not a stat , they are an opinion. I know what I saw on TV. Provide your fake stat link and we can discuss who's opinion is inferior.
: December 07, 2012, 05:18:42 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 07, 2012, 06:34:01 PM

Martin isn't hitting the wall. He is just running into the incompetency of the team to utilize another back in the system. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Doug Martin hitting the wall?........ Or is it a blocking breakdown? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools